Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Patrick Ewing's NBA's Greatest Game.

1994-95 Knicks: Derek Harper, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Patrick Ewing, Anthony Mason, Hubert Davis, Anthony Bonner, Greg Anthony, Monty Williams, Herb Williams, Doug Christie

1994-95 Magic: Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Donald Royal, Horace Grant, Shaquille O’Neal, Dennis Scott, Brian Shaw, Anthony Bowie, Jeff Turner, Tree Rollins

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jukeman @ 09/03/11 07:40 PM
Nostalgia

# 22 Jukeman @ 09/03/11 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
These whole "matchup" screens just look silly to me. I mean come on...every single one has the same pose in the same positions (ie: back person arms crossed), with only the faces/jerseys changing. 2k seriously couldn't mix it up a little at least?
I agree, Cant stand how the SF is centered like he's the star player...

# 23 Control-X @ 09/03/11 08:33 PM
Funny screenshot observations posted here:

1) Penny looks old, not the young, thin one who played in 94-95
2) Starks and Shaq look weird (?)
= Starks, maybe but I think Shaq looks just fine imo.
3) Horace Grant dont look like him
4) Shaq has the (Superman) tattoo
= Well yes. I guess its right. I think Shaq wears them first in the 1994-95 season/playoffs
5) Players have the same poses in matchup screens and "that" pose by its centers
= I agree and this just looks funny
6) SF is centered like he's the star player of that team

To me these are just minor problems but to some it might not be. If so what can 2K do about it now people?

# 24 RB10 @ 09/03/11 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
If you guys didn't notice..... IN ALL THE MATCH UP SCREEN SHOT, THE BODY AND POSE OF EACH AND EVERY PLAYER ARE THE SAME.... I don't think penny will look old or Shaq will have tats or have the same body type as Ewing in the game..... RELAX
I'm not a fan of that. They made 5 interesting poses, I figured it wouldn't be too tough to make 5 more. Even if they use the same set of 10 poses for every game, you'd think they could come up with 10 different poses right?

# 25 cb1115 @ 09/03/11 11:41 PM
Penny looks too old, but it's too late to fix that now. I just hope he's been given a good sig treatment.

# 26 solofx7 @ 09/03/11 11:48 PM
Quote:
If you guys didn't notice..... IN ALL THE MATCH UP SCREEN SHOT, THE BODY AND POSE OF EACH AND EVERY PLAYER ARE THE SAME.... I don't think penny will look old or Shaq will have tats or have the same body type as Ewing in the game..... RELAX
I noticed the body shape thing after you said something. I am pretty sure that they can and will fix that. or so i hope...

# 27 Starwipe @ 09/04/11 02:00 AM

1993-94 season, Shaq with tat.

# 28 Control-X @ 09/04/11 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwipe

1993-94 season, Shaq with tat.
that's right. I saw Larry Krystkowiak, and he was with Orlando in the 93-94 season. good find.

# 29 sportjames23 @ 09/04/11 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm on the phone and each time I click on the link it takes me to the log in screen but thanks for posting the pic up. I thought Charles Smith was not in the game...I must've misread the lineups for the Knicks....

LOL, now that I see Charles Smith in the game, I can't wait to have these Knicks go against the '93 Bulls so I can recreate the final moments of Game 5 of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals.

# 30 sportjames23 @ 09/04/11 02:10 AM
Quote:
.....Charles Smith getting his sh*t blocked by Jordan, Grant and Pippen still haunts me....

It's ok, brah.

# 31 sportjames23 @ 09/04/11 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbreezex
something nba live had first, hooray?

And where is NBA Live now?

Exactly.

# 32 truintellectplaya @ 09/04/11 05:22 AM
This will be my first game. I will be kicking arse and taking names with the Penny led Magic until the lockout is over. I will beat them with the Knicks just to get them and never touch the Knicks again. Uuugh

# 33 Maxflier @ 09/04/11 05:42 AM
That's supposed to be John Starks?

# 34 Xx Qontrolz xX @ 09/04/11 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X

To me these are just minor problems but to some it might not be. If so what can 2K do about it now people?
vary the poses, the screen presentation in general to have the feeling that not all gms are played on the same t v channel for example

note that i m not asking or wishing sig poses or whatever, just a lil variation that 's always good to increase a sports game's freshness.. and we re talking about THE sport game, nothing less.

in the case it remains the same poses everytime, no big deal tho, like all of u i play that gm for the gameplay first

2k FTW

# 35 Control-X @ 09/04/11 08:03 AM
Well maybe its not too late to fix these things now. The demo hasn't come out yet so I think 2K will or can still find time to fix them, hopefully. Particularly the silly poses and some the players' faces (Penny, Starks, Grant, etc).

Seriously I believe it's all for the betterment of the game.

# 36 maclarry82 @ 09/04/11 08:13 AM
Make penny younger & skinner.... Czar call them man so that they can fix that bro'..... Lol....

# 37 Goffs @ 09/04/11 10:56 AM
I knew I didn't see Charles Smith originally...he wasn't listed on the second insight..so 2k probably pulled another LaPhonso Ellis and added him!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k...50266960872267

The Teams
1994-95 Knicks: Derek Harper, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Patrick Ewing, Anthony Mason, Hubert Davis, Anthony Bonner, Greg Anthony, Monty Williams, Herb Williams, Doug Christie
1994-95 Magic: Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Donald Royal, Horace Grant, Shaquille O’Neal, Dennis Scott, Brian Shaw, Anthony Bowie, Jeff Turner, Tree Rollins

# 38 InRodWeTrust @ 09/04/11 12:03 PM
First order of business... Hard foul Nick Anderson with Anthony Mason

# 39 TheBadazz @ 09/04/11 12:49 PM
Didn't 2K say they can change some things with a roster tuner update? Maybe they could tweek Penny and Starks face? That would help.

# 40 madmax17 @ 09/04/11 03:57 PM
I'll substitute 3D Scott for Royal, as I remember one of my favorite teams Scott was in the first 5.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.