Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

USA Today checks in with their NBA 2K12 hands-on preview, going over such things as paychecks in My Player mode and a few tidbits on Create a Legend mode.

Quote:
After signing my new contract, I check out some of the other interesting components to My Player. Each created player gets a "paycheck" every two weeks, and that money goes toward improving skills, developing chemistry with teammates and more. For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night.

During the season, players can compete in an extensive series of drills to bolster their abilities and fast track them to star status. This same structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 myownsun @ 09/08/11 01:47 PM
Thanks for the linkage, the paycheck feature sounds pretty cool.

All I have to do know is wait for the game to go on sale at D2d or steam and I'm all in.

# 2 deetoman @ 09/08/11 01:49 PM
Create a Legend mode sounds promising.......But I think I will wait until the Roster Update so I can control Isaiah Thomas!!!

# 3 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/08/11 03:25 PM
Well alteast now we know what the Create A Legend mode is about
Quote:
This same structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.

# 4 MrBigShot1 @ 09/08/11 03:32 PM
"For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night."

These are the types of RPG elements that make My Player feel like you are actually a player in the NBA, both on AND off the court. If they do this right, and a ton of options for spending your paycheck, it could really be something.

# 5 speedtrucker @ 09/08/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
"For example, I could choose to attend a Youth Camp with a NBA Legend, or join the rest of my teammates for a bowling night."

These are the types of RPG elements that make My Player feel like you are actually a player in the NBA, both on AND off the court. If they do this right, and a ton of options for spending your paycheck, it could really be something.
agree, they don't need to turn it into a spend $ on your crib but they could really create something interesting with the idea of paychecks.

more money could lead to "host youth camp", "host youth summer camp", "host dinner for teammates" and things like that to increase unity or even stave off stat decline as you age.

# 6 jr2424 @ 09/08/11 03:52 PM
Create a Legend does sound cool. In wonder if it will be similar to My Player in regards to spending skill points to increase abilities.

# 7 Eclipso @ 09/08/11 06:20 PM
Sounds like its got a ton of potential, cant wait to try it out.

# 8 da ThRONe @ 09/08/11 06:25 PM
It's the MP for those who have no need to put themselves in the game. Brilliant! I'm vain so I like putting myself in the game.

# 9 infam0us @ 09/08/11 06:39 PM
After reading this and the Gamespot preview I'm optimistic. We can now sim games in MyPlayer.

# 10 illwill10 @ 09/08/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
After reading this and the Gamespot preview I'm optimistic. We can now sim games in MyPlayer.
I just need to hear custom sliders

# 11 Jukeman @ 09/08/11 06:52 PM
Two words....

Ron-dooooooooooooooooo (CAL Mode)

# 12 CX1329 @ 09/08/11 07:29 PM
Being able to spend the money I earn is going to be really interesting. That goes a GREAT way towards making My Player feel like more than just a glorified player lock feature, and I can hardly wait. Also, reading between the lines, it appears that we'll be able to directly influence player chemistry in 2K12 and interact with teammates off the court. Exciting stuff.

# 13 gametime25 @ 09/09/11 02:47 AM
Too bad the rookies aren't in NBA 2K12. I would use Kemba Walker on the game and make him a legend.

# 14 B-Wills @ 09/09/11 04:20 AM

Wow, this sounds like very exciting news, can't wait to here more about stuff like this in my player.

# 15 Thecrowdragon @ 09/09/11 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Two words....

Ron-dooooooooooooooooo (CAL Mode)
Rondo. Hell yes!

# 16 thefreshanswer @ 09/09/11 11:56 AM
I remember asking for a bowling in night in the 2k Forums my idea has come to life 2K seriously does listen lol

# 17 TheVinylHippo @ 09/09/11 12:05 PM
This could be completely awesome. So excited for this game.

# 18 aloncho11 @ 09/09/11 02:57 PM
Pure awesomeness!

# 19 dbeth @ 09/09/11 03:06 PM
So glad I just paid off my preorder. Now....hoping my Mom & Pop store gives me "The Call" the Saturday before, like they've done in the past!!

# 20 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/09/11 06:53 PM
Time to make Deron Williams make the Nets relevant again this year.

[Bart Scott]Can't Wait!![/Bart Scott]

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.