Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 screenshot.

This screenshot feature takes a look at the match-ups of the NBA's Greatest. This one showcases Julius Erving (Dr. J's) NBA's Greatest Game.

1984-85 76ers: Maurice Cheeks, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Clemon Johnson, George Johnson

1984-85 Bucks: Craig Hodges, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Terry Cummings, Alton Lister, Mike Dunleavy, Ricky Pierce, Paul Mokeski, Randy Breuer, Charles Davis

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 infam0us @ 09/10/11 02:39 PM
Of the 15 games I think this is the one I'm least looking forward to doing. The Bucks had a good season but the team doesn't really excite me like the others. Like I doubt I ever play as the '85 Bucks.

# 2 slliMMills @ 09/10/11 03:14 PM
Dr. J looks fresh, Lanky too...one of the best team photos.

# 3 qpc123 @ 09/10/11 03:19 PM
Moses is the only center so far who actually looks "right" in the arms folded pissed off pose IMO.

# 4 VDusen04 @ 09/10/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Of the 15 games I think this is the one I'm least looking forward to doing. The Bucks had a good season but the team doesn't really excite me like the others. Like I doubt I ever play as the '85 Bucks.
I'm holding out hope that portlandblazer creates a roster for the "Legends" mode. If he does, this game will become much more appealing, as Charles Barkley will be accounted for. Further, this Bucks team was still playing on that crazy Mecca floor, right? The inclusion of that court art may be worth the price of admission by itself (first highlight in the clip below):

Then only issue I had with using the '87 Bucks last year was I couldn't decide exactly how to use Terry Cummings and Sidney Moncrief. I assumed Cummings was a good mid-range shooter because that's how I remember him later in his career in San Antonio. Otherwise, I just knew Moncrief was a nasty defender.

# 5 NY State of Mind @ 09/10/11 03:24 PM
I still don't get the purpose of the Centers crossing their arms, etc. I prefer last yrs with highlighted star and regular pose but what you gonna do? Dr. J looks good

# 6 aga11ah @ 09/10/11 03:29 PM
prolly won't play either of these teams. no Barkley so no point. plus the 6ers team in 2k11 was the same.

# 7 Pims33 @ 09/10/11 03:55 PM
Bobby Jones at PF lol. Anyways, two great teams with some overlooked great players like Moncrief (even Jordan admired his game) or Bobby Jones (really solid offense, great at defense and hustling). Shame that there's no Barkley or Andrew Toney but they're going to be fun to play with or against nonetheless.

# 8 Goffs @ 09/10/11 03:57 PM
I'm looking forward to unlocking this team. After watching them play last week on hardwood classics on NBA tv I'm looking to trying out the cap system to create Chuck. Plus I want to see if 2k has Milwaukee's funky court art.

# 9 Pims33 @ 09/10/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
prolly won't play either of these teams. no Barkley so no point. plus the 6ers team in 2k11 was the same.
Wow, you had the classic Sixers in 2K11? lol

# 10 Outcast @ 09/10/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY State of Mind
I still don't get the purpose of the Centers crossing their arms, etc. I prefer last yrs with highlighted star and regular pose but what you gonna do? Dr. J looks good
Someone mentioned in another thread that probably all the positions have the same stance due to the players being put onto models for the purpose of the pictures, rather than actual in-game pictures. I hope I was clear enough.
It's a fairly good assumption of why it's always the same

# 11 Spanky @ 09/10/11 05:18 PM
Isn't Craig Hodges the one who got lit on fire by his wife?

# 12 MotorTown354 @ 09/10/11 06:21 PM
The Doctor! Already knew Barkley wasn't gonna be in but now I can see Toney is not there also but it's gon' be fun playin' against this teams, play as the Bulls to have Jordan against Moncrief or have Bobby Jones guarding me with Melo, Bird or Lebron while also having to guard Erving, keep an eye out for Cheeks and keep Moses off the boards.

# 13 MotorTown354 @ 09/10/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Isn't Craig Hodges the one who got lit on fire by his wife?
Yup, that's him, one of the best gunners of all time.

# 14 d4zednc0nfused @ 09/10/11 06:32 PM
C'mon Barkley, just get in the game lol.

# 15 The Bad Man @ 09/10/11 06:50 PM
this is definitely the team i wouldnt play much. i dont like the 85 bucks and i hate the fact charles *** barkley aint on this 85 sixers team. it should have been replaced by the 83 sixers champions team which is the better team, if they cant acquire the rights of barkley.

# 16 GaryT531 @ 09/10/11 07:23 PM
speaking of barkley, has anyone confirmed if the barkley era suns retro jerseys made it into the game yet?

# 17 The Bad Man @ 09/10/11 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
speaking of barkley, has anyone confirmed if the barkley era suns retro jerseys made it into the game yet?
havent heard any confirmation yet. as a pc user i got no problems with these jerseys because i can just mod them into the game.

# 18 OGKing @ 09/10/11 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY State of Mind
Because, Centers are suppose to be the "enforcer" and look badass

# 19 sportjames23 @ 09/10/11 10:43 PM
I know I'm not the only one who's gonna put Aton Lister on the Golden State Warriors to recreate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

# 20 qpc123 @ 09/10/11 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
I know I'm not the only one who's gonna put Aton Lister on the Golden State Warriors to recreate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI
Hopefully with the retro Sonics Jerseys as well

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.