Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Most of us already knew, but just in case you needed it, Chris Snyder has confirmed Online Association.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheBadazz @ 09/19/11 10:05 AM
Good find Online Association.

# 2 Knickerbocker @ 09/19/11 10:11 AM
WOOOOHOO! Online association finaly confirmed by 2k!!!

Also not only hair and accesories but they will be able to change models completely!!!!

# 3 Giammajo @ 09/19/11 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
Coming Oct 7????
The release date is the 7th in Europe and Australia, so this vid was probably released in the UK.

Good find OP. Glad to hear online association is confirmed!

# 4 karl4life @ 09/19/11 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
Coming Oct 7????
Yea That Threw Me Off 2 Im Guessing/Hoping That Was A Mistake lol

# 5 myownsun @ 09/19/11 10:20 AM
Thanks for the link, I am ready for this game!

# 6 The Bad Man @ 09/19/11 10:36 AM
thanks op for this link

# 7 KyotoCarl @ 09/19/11 11:19 AM
"Oscar Robinson"

Game comes out on October 7 here in Sweden so yeah this was probably for the international market.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.323575,18.070287

# 8 eko718 @ 09/19/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
WOOOOHOO! Online association finaly confirmed by 2k!!!

Also not only hair and accesories but they will be able to change models completely!!!!
Very good news. They should start with David Stern and perhaps Kevin Durant... he looked better last year.

# 9 Dame @ 09/19/11 02:34 PM
I got a bad feeling about Online association. I think we all want it to run similar to NCAA online dynasty where you can have a group of guys 2-30 and play games against the cpu and make trades with the cpu. but i dont think its going to be like that.

I hope I'm wrong

# 10 speedtrucker @ 09/19/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
I got a bad feeling about Online association. I think we all want it to run similar to NCAA online dynasty where you can have a group of guys 2-30 and play games against the cpu and make trades with the cpu. but i dont think its going to be like that.

I hope I'm wrong
I'm getting nervous because nothing is being explained and this along with the NBA lockout are the 2 reasons this isn't a day 1 buy.

I hear them say that "online association" will allow cpu users and I buy it day 1.

btw, not a big deal but NCAA11/12 only allow for 12 users max but Madden10-12 allow for 32 users. I get where you were going though and I agree.

# 11 kingg d @ 09/19/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
I'm getting nervous because nothing is being explained and this along with the NBA lockout are the 2 reasons this isn't a day 1 buy.

I hear them say that "online association" will allow cpu users and I buy it day 1.

btw, not a big deal but NCAA11/12 only allow for 12 users max but Madden10-12 allow for 32 users. I get where you were going though and I agree.

If you can't play online association with cpu controlled teams it will be a HUGE disappointment...

# 12 kingg d @ 09/19/11 05:21 PM
can anybody tweet ronnie 2k about this?

I need to know if we can play association online with only 2 or 3 more friends and let the cpu control the rest of the teams

# 13 ffaacc03 @ 09/19/11 05:31 PM
WOW was a little scared that this rumor wasnt true, but now no more !

Now, if only we could have AI teams fill the spots not taken by humans when creating the online association and when they leave or get booted. Is an improvement, anyways tho.

# 14 dukedude24 @ 09/19/11 05:44 PM
i wonder how is online association gonna really work....

# 15 BRxSKINSx @ 09/19/11 07:05 PM
Hopefully we will get some info explaining what this mode is really gonna be like....I hope we're able to run an online association with me and my friends....so we won't have to deal with guys we don't know who just end up quitting....I hope this mode is done right....

# 16 tcnumba10 @ 09/19/11 07:06 PM
I wonder if the updates they make (player models, hairstyles, etc) through NBA TODAY will also affect your own current Association.

Let's say that they decide to make Big Baby's player model even more wider in NBA TODAY, will it also affect Big Baby in our Association? I hope so...

# 17 Rdub33 @ 09/19/11 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Hopefully we will get some info explaining what this mode is really gonna be like....I hope we're able to run an online association with me and my friends....so we won't have to deal with guys we don't know who just end up quitting....I hope this mode is done right....
I don't want to be a killjoy but I am a realist and a good listener ...there are two reasons why I know online association won't have CPU teams..... 1. In the video Chris almost says 20 some teams and quickly catches him self to say 29,.. Almost as if to not get accused of perjury. 2. Because no sport game has ever introduced an online career mode and had computer controlled teams in the first year. It takes time to develop that and if they had accomplished that it would have been right behind the greatest mode as the top selling points.

With that said, 2k has proven they are committed to pursuing excellence so pretty much count on it for 2013

# 18 NoTiCe_O @ 09/19/11 10:58 PM
I got into some serious online leagues last year, so online association will be even better. especially with Free agents, draft, and contract negotiations. Hopefully all of that is in.

And the fact that they can update player models and hairstyles is pretty cool

# 19 JrueTheFuture @ 09/20/11 01:18 AM
omg I wonder if we also get the power to edit player models? Afro Jrue Holiday FTW omg the next 2 weeks is going seem like an eternity D:

# 20 caml17 @ 09/20/11 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I wonder if the updates they make (player models, hairstyles, etc) through NBA TODAY will also affect your own current Association.

Let's say that they decide to make Big Baby's player model even more wider in NBA TODAY, will it also affect Big Baby in our Association? I hope so...
I don't think it would work that way since it's a different save file. Same as last year when NBA today updated ratings and such.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.