Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11, featuring Audio Director, Joel Simmons, as he talks about the new audio additions to the game.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da-Man @ 09/23/11 01:55 PM
meh...... not as good as madden's audio and commentary but at least they're trying to improve it.

# 22 rspencer86 @ 09/23/11 01:56 PM
Amazing stuff. I'd like to hear more about custom sounds as well. Hopefully they have corrected the issues on the PS3 that 2K11 had and added some events (fouls, foul outs, free throw makes, etc.)

# 23 CX1329 @ 09/23/11 01:56 PM
Some people are acting like 2K owes them money or something. I enjoyed the insight. I do appreciate all the effort that went into all those new lines of speech, and I'm really looking forward to hearing them while playing. The more commentary, the better. I also found the vintage commentary to be quite the pleasant surprise.

# 24 cavsfan2 @ 09/23/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
meh...... not as good as madden's audio and commentary but at least they're trying to improve it.
Madden's commentary is the worst in any sports game.

# 25 JSensui @ 09/23/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
Yeah, I definitely don't agree with Madden having quality commentary.

I think MLB the Show series has the best commentary for any sports game.

# 26 The 24th Letter @ 09/23/11 01:59 PM
sounds great!

wish we couldve hearf "right between the eyes!!!"

# 27 SageInfinite @ 09/23/11 02:00 PM
Best commentary in sports just got better. Love it.

# 28 The 24th Letter @ 09/23/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
sarcasm sir.

danananananana HES GOT GET AWAY FROM THE COP SPEED!!!!!!

# 29 cavsfan2 @ 09/23/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
sarcasm sir.

danananananana HES GOT GET AWAY FROM THE COP SPEED!!!!!!
yeah.... realized right after i posted. hard to detect sarcasm on the internet though

# 30 SaC_KiNg09 @ 09/23/11 02:09 PM
Have any of the Dev's confirmed whether or not Kevin Harlan will say "Right Between the Eyes!!!!!!" or "With no regard to human life!!!!!!!!" this year?

# 31 infam0us @ 09/23/11 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
Yeah, I definitely don't agree with Madden having quality commentary.

I think MLB the Show series has the best commentary for any sports game.
MLB 2k commentary is very good, no one pays attention to it.

# 32 Gosens6 @ 09/23/11 02:14 PM
Wow, that old game commentary sounds great, the draft is actually gonna be fun this year. I hope fans BOO picks they disagree with.

I can't wait for this game.

# 33 The 24th Letter @ 09/23/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
Have any of the Dev's confirmed whether or not Kevin Harlan will say "Right Between the Eyes!!!!!!" or "With no regard to human life!!!!!!!!" this year?
eyes, yes
human life, not sure

# 34 mlp111 @ 09/23/11 02:14 PM
even though i liked what i read and heard, it would have been better in my opinion to see some gameplay along with the audio... I say that because i can hear the crowd in background, would have loved to see how the crowd interaction went along with what sounded like highlights or big plays.. so i walk away from this insight BoTh excited and unimpressed at the same time.. my personal opinion...

# 35 Goffs @ 09/23/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
"Right between the eyes" is in confirmed by Aholbert when he had a hands on preview. Not sure about "with no regard to human life!"

# 36 Knickerbocker @ 09/23/11 02:16 PM
The NBA 2k12 package is getting bigger and bigger. Can't wait for online association insight.

I don't know if I have ever seen such a huge jump in a yearly sports title.

# 37 myownsun @ 09/23/11 02:19 PM
All I can say is I'M READY!!! Come on Oct 4

# 38 TheBrothers24 @ 09/23/11 02:24 PM
"Damon Bruce returns to the HP Halftime Report with an assortment of new analysis angles including a weekly and monthly awards segment for NBA"

Thank you 2k!

# 39 myownsun @ 09/23/11 02:26 PM
Oh snap I missed that, thanks for the heads up TB24

# 40 STLRams @ 09/23/11 02:28 PM
Nice insight! What is interesting while reading the part about Damon Bruce at halftime will be giving out player of the week and player of the month awards and listening to the audio clip, it almost sounds like there will be halftime highlights of other games or players from around the league during halftime. If 2K has finally added this to the presentation I will be stokedI have been asking for a halftime highlight show just like NFL2K5 use to have there's were they would show halftime highlights of the current game, and other games from around the league and give out player awards. Well the presentation insight is next so im keeping my fingers crossed, since Ronnie on twitter mentioned that they have a surprise for us when they do the presentation insight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.