Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #3 has been sent to Microsoft and Sony.

Some details were revealed last week. Hopefully we'll soon hear from Dewiel with more information.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 UMhester04 @ 09/26/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I really wonder if EA is putting the fire on Tiburon or if they are just cool with this. I think we can all agree EA is a AAA studio, but lately mainly their sports titles haven't reflected that at all. The early reviews of NHL 12 were bad, (NHL 11 was solid to be honest though), NCAA and Madden both have big flaws, their NBA franchise is dead as of now. How can EA be happy with their sports division. If I was over there I'd be threatening jobs at this point. It's taken about two to three months to get the game to where it should've been Day 1. I could've let it go if it was some freak of nature glitch that would've been extraordinarly hard to find in a controlled enviroment. But how can a patch get through that breaks something as obvious as the No Huddle. How is this game play acceptable when it should be closer to a true representation of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I have playing the game but I don't even feel like I'm playing a football sim anymore. I feel like it's just another game. I'm not even connected anymore. Football to this point has been my life and as such football video games have filled the gap, but the series is getting worse. Tiburon needs to get their acts together. Stop promising the world and giving us a pile. I was on EA's side, defending them for a while. Yet when their patch doesn't even fix everything it was supposed to and you have to take multiple steps to fix some rosters, it's ridiciulious. We don't pay $60 to have to change ratings, play outside of what's enjoyable, and have so much that's broken.

If Tiburon tries to shovel this under the carpet instead of manning up and admitting this was a terrible year for them and they get their crap together then the money is going to slow down. Easily.

Literally my thoughts pretty much word for word. I stated the first part in the What we dont see on Saturdays thread I started. Doesn't feel like a football sim, makes me feel too much like I am playing a video game when every other sports game I play makes me feel like im playing a sim of the sport.

# 22 redsfan4life @ 09/26/11 08:46 PM
I must be the only one that's enjoying this game.

*shrug*

# 23 44drob @ 09/26/11 08:48 PM
man o man i really want to see the sales of NCAA 12 in October

... but the upate does help so

# 24 BadAssHskr @ 09/26/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
Hopefully it comes out soon. Unfortunately, NBA 2k12 is coming out next week so I'll probably be shifting my focus towards that.
I dont understand the fascination with this game.

There wont be any rookies in the game, and there might not be a season.

# 25 BadAssHskr @ 09/26/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I must be the only one that's enjoying this game.

*shrug*
Oh no, oh no youre not.

# 26 NealN42 @ 09/26/11 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
cool.............2k comes out in a week

Its crazy how this game needed 3 patches just to function correctly (I may be speaking too early, seeign as every patch destroys something that already worked)

Anyone noticing a trend here? Of the major games EA has started making, NBA Elite was so badly made that it couldn't even be put onto shelves, Fight Night Champion had to be patched so many times they just left it unplayable, and now NCAA Football needs 3 patches to function correctly. The hell is going on at EA???? I dont remember The Show or NBA 2K needing 3 patches to get a working game? I remember them having to have one patch to fix a franchise issue and thats about it. Nothing else was broken, it fixed the game in a positive way. Every patch NCAA has put out has been negatively effecting the game in one way or another. Unbelievable
Sadly, your quite wrong about 2k11's patches. Tons of people had the My Player gamebreaking issue where, after a point around game 14-20 of your rookie year, the game would just freeze every single time and you couldn't progress. 2k released a patch for this 2-3 weeks after launch, which was great...but the entire My Player mode was virtually unplayable for a multitude of reasons, and essentially a total disaster as a standalone mode, thanks to a clear lack of effort/testing on 2k's part. They then proceeded to wait until the final week of December to release their final patch for the game...and that patch addressed nearly none of the issues brought up by fans, choosing to implement what 2k thought would be cool instead.

So while I totally agree that NCAA and Madden are simply half-assed attempts to improve last year's games, and full of the same issues they have refused to fix in any way for years (which shows that EA is the definition of lazy/entirely in it for the money)....Please don't act like 2k is any better at all in the patch/testing department....because they aren't at all.

# 27 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/26/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr

Old school legends is the saving grace. People love playing with dudes from the 80s and 70s. For some of us, it is like re-living our childhood.

# 28 malky @ 09/26/11 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
Honestly, I stopped being surprised by this three years ago. Also, once you've bought the game it really doesn't hurt EA if you aren't playing it.
I agree and I disagree, but it hurts them in the future, a lot of people are going to be weary of buying another NCAA football game next year, I know I will not buy it unless it gets NBA2K11 accolades

# 29 canes21 @ 09/27/11 12:08 AM
If this fixes the no huddle glitch and the tendencies glitch, then I will be back to playing the game. If only the no huddle glitch and not the recruits tendencies, then I would be better of selling it.

# 30 ghettoqball @ 09/27/11 12:58 AM
This better fix the tendency glitch. If not, looks like I'll be trading it in. I'm sure they're not going to release a fourth patch, so I hope they didn't rush this too much.

# 31 simbayless @ 09/27/11 01:49 AM
What really ticks me off every year some dude from the community that played the early bulid, over hype the game on the radio talking about no more psychic DB's this year you wont be let down again its way better then last year blah blah blah but yet they never mention the super LB's ect...

# 32 Spanky @ 09/27/11 01:56 AM
Anyone know if they started work on the 4th patch yet? Any estimate on when we can expect patches No. 5 and 6?

# 33 K0ZZ @ 09/27/11 02:15 AM
Patch 3 is only No Huddles. It won't fix tendancies. Dewiel already said on here the patch is only no huddles. Until EA says in a blog that it fixes anything else, don't get excited.

# 34 jfsolo @ 09/27/11 02:43 AM
Quote:

I'm enjoying NCAA, but really, you don't see the fascination with NBA 2K12? If you hate NBA basketball, or are obsessed with accurate rosters, then I guess I get it. Otherwise, no rookies are irrelevant, the potential for no season is irrelevant too. The superior gameplay and a.i. say hello and should explain the draw of the game.

# 35 EAsportsfails @ 09/27/11 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Sadly, your quite wrong about 2k11's patches. Tons of people had the My Player gamebreaking issue where, after a point around game 14-20 of your rookie year, the game would just freeze every single time and you couldn't progress. 2k released a patch for this 2-3 weeks after launch, which was great...but the entire My Player mode was virtually unplayable for a multitude of reasons, and essentially a total disaster as a standalone mode, thanks to a clear lack of effort/testing on 2k's part. They then proceeded to wait until the final week of December to release their final patch for the game...and that patch addressed nearly none of the issues brought up by fans, choosing to implement what 2k thought would be cool instead.

So while I totally agree that NCAA and Madden are simply half-assed attempts to improve last year's games, and full of the same issues they have refused to fix in any way for years (which shows that EA is the definition of lazy/entirely in it for the money)....Please don't act like 2k is any better at all in the patch/testing department....because they aren't at all.
Actually, I recall that freezing issue, and can say that NCAA 12 is virtually uplayable for me. In most cases the game always freezes at some point in the 3rd quarter, and thats if I'm lucky. Most times I have to grind it out til the late 4th, with the finish oh so close, then freeze. Finally, I just learned to super sim once or if I have a lead in hopes of advancing the week. I'm playing BYU for the 3rd straight night, hoping to get 4 quarters in. Unplayable, and broken in my opinion.

# 36 wcwecw75 @ 09/27/11 03:59 AM
i hope maybe this time they will change that dang accelerated play clock/game clock and make it optional! its very anoying! i dont know if anybody out there is anoyed by that as well! i know i am! correct me if im wrong,but is the clocks like that in a real ncaa college football game you watch on tv?

# 37 timmg @ 09/27/11 07:02 AM
Quote:

Someone will create the rookies, I bet

# 38 Gosens6 @ 09/27/11 08:04 AM
Quote:

Maybe because it's a great game, that plays a fantastic representation of the sport of basketball. It's a good enough game to have its replay value through the roof even with no NBA season.

Ya know, a game with superior AI and presentation, features that actually work, and I can guarantee it won't need 3-4 patches to even play correctly.

But hey, what do us NBA 2K fans know? We know how to enjoy a good game that plays without horrendous bugs.

# 39 Sundown2600 @ 09/27/11 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Someone will create the rookies, I bet
True dat

# 40 kcsam @ 09/27/11 10:48 AM
Not sure what everyone means exactly by "no huddle" fix with this latest patch. I played a game a few nights ago against Missouri and they were running a no huddle offense against me throughout the game. Is it just a human/user issue? Because I am definitely not seeing it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.