Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #3 has been sent to Microsoft and Sony.

Some details were revealed last week. Hopefully we'll soon hear from Dewiel with more information.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BenGerman @ 09/27/11 11:33 AM
I'll count myself as lucky, but me and five buddies are 3 years into an Online Dynasty and having a blast. So far the furthest any of us has made it was year one for me making the Sugerbowl after winning the Big East with a lackluster 8-4 record.

I know it isn't perfect, but for those of us who have managed to work either through or around the bugs, it is a blast.

# 42 swizbeatz @ 09/27/11 12:10 PM
I agree if you can get the game moving its lots of fun with friends. Can anyone confirm if this patch will help those of us stuck in the offseason at the schedule screen. There is obviously a bug with the scheduling if you change around conferences, need to know if this is fixed. 10 user dynasty starting almost done with our 2nd week of waiting...

# 43 BGarrett7 @ 09/27/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Not sure what everyone means exactly by "no huddle" fix with this latest patch. I played a game a few nights ago against Missouri and they were running a no huddle offense against me throughout the game. Is it just a human/user issue? Because I am definitely not seeing it.
You can run/defend the no huddle, the problem is, you're limited to only the first formation in your playbook. Not exactly an optimal situation if you're trying to defend a five-wide set with a 4-3 defense because that's what you're playbook defaults to.

# 44 K0ZZ @ 09/27/11 03:59 PM
I thought I was in the NCAA Football forum, guess I clicked NBA on accident. My bad.

# 45 HokieTokie @ 09/27/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I'll count myself as lucky, but me and five buddies are 3 years into an Online Dynasty and having a blast. So far the furthest any of us has made it was year one for me making the Sugerbowl after winning the Big East with a lackluster 8-4 record.

I know it isn't perfect, but for those of us who have managed to work either through or around the bugs, it is a blast.

Have you ever checked your player's tendencies post season vs preseason. They're not the same as when you recruited them. A HUGE GAMEBREAKING issue. I'd be willing to bet that's why everyone in your dynasty has such a bad record. By yr 3-4. All the new recruits with jacked up tendencies are your starters and not playing to their ratings.

# 46 TDenverFan @ 09/27/11 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
Have you ever checked your player's tendencies post season vs preseason. They're not the same as when you recruited them. A HUGE GAMEBREAKING issue. I'd be willing to bet that's why everyone in your dynasty has such a bad record. By yr 3-4. All the new recruits with jacked up tendencies are your starters and not playing to their ratings.
I don't find it to be a HUGE GAMEBREAKING issue, personally.

# 47 lakemantarzan @ 09/27/11 06:03 PM
I guess I will preface this post with mentioning the fact that over the past two games I have played over 600 hours of NCAA football and maybe five games have been playing in online exhibitions. My roommate and I play online dynasties almost exclusively. I'd say the 300 hours or so that I've played this year is 90% online dynasties and 10% offline. Sadly this will be my last year with an EA football game.

Out of all those hours and roughly six to eight online dynasties I think we've made it through three or four total seasons where the game didn't give us a critical transfer failed. Whether it's the bowl season having to be simmed or not being able to get past coaching changes this game is flat out broken. I can't imagine this new patch will help anything.

After over a week of waiting the game randomly decided to let us advance past players leaving and then we finish one more year that surprisingly wasn't ruined by a transfer fail, but now we finish another season and surprise surprise we can't get past players leaving again.

The sad thing is we play the game 100% standard other than downloading a named roster. We play on Heisman, but don't adjust sliders, teams, playbooks or anything else that can be changed. Even with standard everything the game doesn't work.

Excited to save $60+ dollars every year. Thank you EA.

# 48 lil_taul @ 09/27/11 08:40 PM
this all they gone fix... they are pitiful

# 49 ren6175 @ 09/27/11 09:27 PM
I agree with DenverFan. For me this isn't a huge gamebreaking issue at all. If those tendencies were a hidden attribute, I don't think anyone would ever have known anything was wrong.

# 50 WKUTopper9 @ 09/27/11 09:39 PM
If you guys want a working football game, pick up FIFA

# 51 TomBrady @ 09/28/11 07:59 AM
To bad Fifa is even more bugged than NCAA then.

# 52 timmg @ 09/28/11 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175
I agree with DenverFan. For me this isn't a huge gamebreaking issue at all. If those tendencies were a hidden attribute, I don't think anyone would ever have known anything was wrong.
I wouldn't surprise me if the tendencies were hidden in next years game.

# 53 Herky @ 09/28/11 08:53 AM
I'm praying there is more fixed than what was mentioned earlier by EA. If this is all it does that's pretty sad.

The tendency thing needed to be fixed during the last patch and it wasn't. Such a shame if they continue to let it go.

Here's hoping the next tuner set is at least good.

# 54 fistofrage @ 09/28/11 09:14 AM
I thought EA had to pay money to have more than 2 patches certified.

If this is the case, who said to only fix the No Huddle bug and nothing else. Its a no win. Its not cost effective and its just going to anger the consumer.

Whoever is making the decisions at EA these days needs to seriously evaluate they way they conduct themselves. Buggy glitched product after buggy glitched product with patches and tuners that break things that were previously working.

# 55 w00dy Hayezz @ 09/28/11 09:45 AM
It doesn't say much for NCAA 12 that more people are talking more about NBA 2K12 and FIFA12 in this thread than college football.

# 56 K0ZZ @ 09/28/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKUTopper9
If you guys want a cure for insomnia, pick up FIFA
Fixed bro.

# 57 BadAssHskr @ 09/28/11 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKUTopper9
If you guys want a working SOCCER game, pick up FIFA
FIFA is Soccer.

Football is a mans sport.

# 58 Jeremy7679 @ 09/28/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
FIFA is Soccer.

Football is a mans sport.
oh for gods sake

# 59 Phobia @ 09/28/11 04:36 PM
I am no soccer fan but Fifa is way better that is just the reality

# 60 khaliib @ 09/28/11 04:43 PM
What this says to me, is that they really don't know what has jacked their game code up so badly.

They know, that we know, that when they tinker with one area of code, they usually alter another area (mainly negatively).

So for them to have to have to go through Microsoft/Sony certification process, that usually means some serious code had to be altered (unless I'm missing something)

They hyped up their Tuner Process as their "New Technology" that would allow them to adjust/fix/correct game issues to improve their game and prevent these lengthy delays.

Why couln't this be Tuned instead of going through a long Patch Certification process?

No-huddle seems more like a "Gameplay" issue that a Tuner should be able to fix/correct.

So the fact that they have to go through certification "Again" for what seems like a gameplay issue, again says to me that they really don't know what's causing their code to go hay-wire.

Last year they dropped a Tuner in October that had many deleting it because of the negative effects that made other areas worse, then they dissappeared until it was time to hype next year's game.

This is the 2nd year in a row the community will get dropped like a bad habit after this Title Update.
This is what happend last year.

The one thing that we do know is that they are consistant!

Just not in a direction most gamer's look for them to be going in!

Come Hype Time around February/March 2012, we'll find out who learned their lesson!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.