Home
Forza Motorsport 4 News Post

Today is the day! Post your Forza Motorsport 4 impressions here.

Game: Forza Motorsport 4Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
Forza Motorsport 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tomba @ 10/11/11 08:59 PM
Continued impressions

Car handling and tracks continue to wow me. Not just impress me WOW me.

When you go into tunnels. It looks like it. The reflections, the differences in lighting and contrast is ALL THERE in this game. No other racing game has been able to capture that.

Car detail is crazy I've owned a few of these cars (not saying which ) and they are spot on and when you go into te cockpit view it feels like im in my old car again...LOVE IT
Also a great thing the behind the car view which is far is GREAT for tight tracks and lets you see the road a bit better. Nice work on gettin this right as well Turn 10
Hawkinheim or whatever you call it is gorgeous what a great track to race in...PERIOD.

But again load times STINK... I want to just race...anyway

I can't stress enough though the game has a very reward and fair points system in place. I love it I place first in 2 races I get 'gift cars" my equivalent to "YAY!"

One thing really nice about World tour mode. they do an aerial view of the tracks like a google maps showing where it is within the countries geography. For me that makes it feel like im actually TRAVELING somewhere and not just being put on a track that "says" its from someplace. If you get what i'm saying...

I have a major gripe however that is not game related. The music and the inability to "set" or set-up your soundtrack. There are like two songs on this puppy that im lovin and i cant listen to them all the time or what have you. This is something that GT does superbly well but it has nothing to do with racing lol absolutely nothin BUTi kinda would have liked the tunes to have been custom. I never actually tinkered wih getting music the xbox an having it play during me gaming so i wonder if is possible?

And lastly. Why aren't there more people with this game. games like Nascar etc come out and they flock to those ut a true racing game comes out and it's kinda quiet? Unless everybodys just playing so in that case Im off to play too.........

# 22 mkharsh33 @ 10/11/11 09:05 PM
my wife actually went to gamestop with me to day and gave me permission (i had some credit and a trade)...

all i can say is this: UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!! I have no need for any other racing games... found that i wrecked a couple times by looking around at the scenery. just wow!!!

# 23 CM Hooe @ 10/11/11 09:32 PM
Getting ready to race now. I'm having an issue with loading custom vinyl groups, though, which has me a bit disappointed.

# 24 CM Hooe @ 10/11/11 09:58 PM
Finished my first race. With regard to controls, this game's like an old friend; perfectly familiar with it. It's a gorgeous game, as well.

# 25 SinisterAlex @ 10/11/11 10:33 PM
I've been trying out some super cars on the Top Gear test track a lot lately. Been using the Nissan GT-R, Lexus LF-A, and the 458 Italia...

The Hammerhead corner is freaking hard. Even I put the braking line on, I still brake too late lol.

# 26 Flamesfan102 @ 10/11/11 10:37 PM
It is A-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!

The cars look fantastic, the framerate is smooth, the ai is improved, all positive for turn 10. They have made a great sim racing game.
IMO it's better than NFS Shift 2 and GT5.

# 27 SinisterAlex @ 10/11/11 11:40 PM
I'm really starting to get addicted to Rivals Mode.. you get so much cash and it feels good to beat other peoples times, especially when they're your friends.

# 28 Tomba @ 10/12/11 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
my wife actually went to gamestop with me to day and gave me permission (i had some credit and a trade)...

all i can say is this: UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!!! I have no need for any other racing games... found that i wrecked a couple times by looking around at the scenery. just wow!!!
FINALLY we agree on something my friend Gotta love OS!

# 29 Tomba @ 10/12/11 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Just hit the guide button and move over a tab. You can play whatever music is on your hard drive.

I'm not sure what to do with this game. I'm still finishing Dirt 3 and will be getting NFS next month so don't really feel like I need it. Rented Forza 3 a few times and enjoyed it but not seeing why I'd play this over the other racing games I've got/will get.

Huh? dude get this game.. I was Meh I mean vey "meh" about Forza 3 myself. NOT with Forza 4 no way...

Oh and thanks for the tip

Dirt 3 is a VERY good racing game as well it just didn't have enough "rally racing" for me

# 30 gopadres @ 10/12/11 01:02 AM
I played this a little tonight with my 15 year old son. I watched him mess around in autovista, and the different game modes. I'm a big fan of racing games and have played many as a 37 year old.

I'm gonna say this is the best racing game I've played!

From graphics, presentation, and audio, to gameplay/feel/physics, and game modes Forza 4 easily claims the racing throne. Menu navigation is easy and intuitive, and I love the guy's voice from Top Gear. We were playing on the 55-in HD TV and it was gorgeous! It shows that the developers are total car enthusiasts. I am extremely impressed with the overall product.

I can tell my son and I are going to enjoy many, many hours playing this and talking cars! How frickin' cool is that?!

# 31 EvanRG @ 10/12/11 01:48 AM
I owned Forza 3 and enjoyed it a lot. I also have a Kinect. I'm not really into racing games because I'd rather play PES12 or BF3, but if it is amazing on the Kinect then it's a must have for me since I've been trying to get my money's worth with that thing.

Any Kinect impressions are appreciated. =)

# 32 Hjkflannel @ 10/12/11 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I owned Forza 3 and enjoyed it a lot. I also have a Kinect. I'm not really into racing games because I'd rather play PES12 or BF3, but if it is amazing on the Kinect then it's a must have for me since I've been trying to get my money's worth with that thing.

Any Kinect impressions are appreciated. =)
Evan, i would probably leave it if you aren't into racing games, i think Forza is quite dry - amazing - but dry for non car/racing fans, Theres so much out as well like you say. Heard some impressions that kinect made autovista a bit fiddly, anyone confirm? Also i dont like the idea of holding an invisible steering wheel which leads me on to...

Has anyone bought or used the wireless speed wheel? i don't have leg room for pedal set so thought this might be a good comprimise.

# 33 BobbyColtrane @ 10/12/11 08:46 AM
I love the game.

My only complaint is I wish they more of the late model muscle cars like the new 5.0 Mustang, the new Boss Mustang, the 6.4L Challenger & Charger, and the Camaro ZL1.

Since I'm nearly the last person on Earth that likes American cars I'm probably the only person that feels that way.

# 34 JMD @ 10/12/11 09:08 AM
You have all hit on the greatness of the game so I'm going to hit on what still bothers me about the game.

1.Some cars still drive as if they are on ice. I've driven a Chevy Camaro ss and it did not slide across the road at every turn. Yes I know speed is a factor, but even so I think the loss of grip is a bit over done, not as bad as Forza 3 but still bugs me. Also, I know with upgrades the handling can be improved, but the car should handle fairly well right off the showroom floor.

2. This is the 4th installment of Forza yet we still can not set up the type of race we want in free play. We can't select the number of opponents or the number of laps. I ask you, what is the point of a two lap race? That is all we can do in free play. Again, I know I can go online and set up a private race and set the laps and number of A.I. opponents, but this should be able to be done in the single player mode. You should not have to go online to do this.

3. No weather, enough said.

I played the game for several hours yesterday , I'm well into career mode, at driver level 15, I've got 321,00 CR and 29 cars in my garage and I've only bought one car, the rest were gift cars for leveling up and gifts for playing the crap out of Forza 3.

I really like is the way they let you select your gift car when you level up. This really lets you tailor your garage to suit the type of cars you like. Me, I'm a muscle car guy. I also like how the game gets more difficult as you progress. For the first 3 phases of career I was just blowing the A.I. away, now I'm having to really battle to get the win. Car choice makes a big difference in how you do in the race.

All in all Forza 4 is a very solid game, although quite often I feel like I'm playing Forza 3, same cars, same tracks for the most part. I had hoped to see a lot of new tracks. I can't go as far as saying Forza 4 is a GT5 killer, I'm not going to go into a game comparison because that is not what this thread is about. I'll just say both games are very good and each excel in their own way.

Ok I'm off, I've got the rest of the week off and I want to get to level 50, then I can go car shopping.

Hey someone should start a Forza 4 car photo thread....

# 35 bonannogiovanni @ 10/12/11 10:00 AM
Are there pit stops in this game?

# 36 Lieutenant Dan @ 10/12/11 10:30 AM
I was having a great time with F4 last night. I traded in F3 and GT5 for it and am happy as a clam.

I love the menu setup, and I was getting a kick out of autovista. Got to about level 4 in my career, mostly I was just doing autovista and taking some cars out for test drives, including my first real-life car, '64 Ford Fairlane 500! Can't believe that car was there (Muscle Car Pack).

Graphics are sensational, and the cars just look amazing. The IGN review was accurate in saying something to the effect of the cars 'fit' into the scenery of the game now, it all looks so damn good and realistic.

LOOOOOVE the engine sounds!!!!!!!! GT5's lifeless motors just killed it for me.

You can really tell this game was a labor of love for Turn 10. Still early on for me, but color me amazed and very happy with my purchase.

# 37 morningstar777 @ 10/12/11 10:45 AM
What wheels are you guys using? I use the Logitech G27 for GT5 and want something similar (with better stick shift) for Forza 4.

# 38 maxmoss1 @ 10/12/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Are there pit stops in this game?
Forza has pit stops but in past games i'm pretty sure the only time you would pit was during the endurance races. I haven't played Forza 4 a whole lot yet but I have not had to pit in a race yet. I alway wonder why they don't make it where you can set the number of laps for each race. It would be really cool if you could set the fuel and tire wear to like 4x like the F1 games, then do like a 8 lap race and pit once.

# 39 Cyros @ 10/12/11 12:40 PM
First sim racing game. I got my Chevy affinity level up to four, went and bought an Impala, and then proceed to max out all the upgrades including slap a turbo charger on there. Now all I do is sit there and listen to the engine idle. I love the sound of power.

# 40 mercalnd @ 10/12/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmoss1
Forza has pit stops but in past games i'm pretty sure the only time you would pit was during the endurance races. I haven't played Forza 4 a whole lot yet but I have not had to pit in a race yet. I alway wonder why they don't make it where you can set the number of laps for each race. It would be really cool if you could set the fuel and tire wear to like 4x like the F1 games, then do like a 8 lap race and pit once.
I actually wish they'd let us have full race weekends with practice and qualifying. The lack of qualifying especially annoys me. I always cringe when people talk about Forza and GT like they are complete sims even though i do agree that there are elements that they both do better than anyone else. In real racing, you don't just show up and start a race.

I don't know how it works in Forza 4 yet as I only played a couple of races but as best I could tell in Forza 3 your starting position was determined by your driver level. You would start last until you reached level 5 and then you would start one spot further ahead for every 5 driver levels you reached. I reached level 27 and was always starting 3rd.

I hope they changed it as I don't want to reach the really high driver levels only to start every race on pole. While it's somtimes fun to defend your position, I would much rather start towards the middle and try to climb back up to the front. I wish they'd just randomize your starting position if they're totally against adding qualifying.

I'm not sure they kept the same system or a variation of it for Forza 4 as I did not start last in my 2 races last night but the fact that I started 6th both times makes me think the system is similar.

In spite of all that, i do love this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.