Home
WWE '12 News Post

According to Captain Starball, the WWE 12 demo will not appear on XBL or PSN. It seems it will only be available in some retail stores.

Quote:
It appears as if there will be no demo released for WWE '12 on the PSN and Xbox LIVE according to THQ.

A fan asked WWE '12 Creative Director Cory Ledesma if it was true that WWE '12's demo will only be featured inside retail stores by saying "In store demo ONLY?? To quote The Miz: Really?? Really? Really? Really? Beyond lame if true.."

Cory Ledesma responded:

"I dont make those decisions. At least it's in stores."

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 10/17/11 10:17 PM
Ugh. Very lame. All big games should have demos today.

# 2 Aggies7 @ 10/17/11 10:43 PM
I don't understand the point of this.

# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/17/11 10:52 PM
I'm not to surprise about this. No demo last year. So not to disappointed about it. If you want to see what it is like before it comes out. I don't think it would hurt people to go to the store and try it out.

# 4 babythug23 @ 10/17/11 10:54 PM
Thank god for redbox(2 bucks)ha if they get it

# 5 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/17/11 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Thank god for redbox(2 bucks)ha if they get it
Redbox sales out quick. Better be there day one to get it.

# 6 babythug23 @ 10/17/11 11:29 PM
Around here it don't really. Guess people have yet to catch on here or they buy all there games

# 7 YoungBuck3 @ 10/18/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Ugh. Very lame. All big games should have demos today.
For real, no excuse for no demos nowadays. If I hear a game has no demo, then my immediate thoughts are why, what do they have to hide?

# 8 ps3veron @ 10/18/11 02:49 AM
So I am in Africa, where am I supposed to find a retail store?

I don't get developers these days. Here we are talking about the potential of having entire games, DLCs and whatnot available solely digital yet on the other hand we have a store release only Demo?

# 9 Gramps91 @ 10/18/11 06:53 AM
I plan on getting this game as they're FINALLY focusing on gameplay and controls which hasn't been good since SVR 06. However, I am EXTREMELY disappointed there is not going to be a downloadable demo. I'm not going to be able to actually get it until Christmas and I wanted something to hold me over.

# 10 toine2983 @ 10/18/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I don't understand the point of this.
Neither do I.

They were talking about this on the WWE 12 forums but it wasn't confirmed until now.

Seeing how WWE 12 is supposedly a revamped game and "bigger, badder, better" you'd think they would give people a chance to experience it prior to the game's release.

Quote:
I don't think it would hurt people to go to the store and try it out.
Not everyone lives in the States.

# 11 TreyIM2 @ 10/18/11 10:47 AM
Maybe the game just isn't that good so they are afraid if you have the freedom to play it at home over and over and over possibly getting over the initial hype of playing it and realizing it's flaws, you won't be compelled to go out and buy as opposed to be right in the store and feeling that hype of "limited play" in store play and having the ability to purchase it then and there when the full game is in the store.

I think there is a psychology to this move...

# 12 jreezy18 @ 10/18/11 01:14 PM
I've never heard of anyone doing this before intentionally.

# 13 C the Lyte @ 10/18/11 02:14 PM
w....T.....F....

# 14 PVarck31 @ 10/18/11 03:29 PM
I wouldn't jump to any "the game must suck" conclusions yet. It takes time, effort, and money to build a demo, and I think its more about not wanting to waste those things on one, rather than "Oh No the game sucks, no demo."

That's not an excuse either. I think Its BS.

# 15 PVarck31 @ 10/18/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
But they still put the time,effort and money into making the demo.
What demo? Is there an actual kiosk demo or something? I thought they meant people could play it in a store like Best Buy where they just pop the game into one of their systems.

I don't even remember the last time they did a demo for this game though. Like I said, I'm not gonna assume it sucks because there is no demo. 11 didn't have a demo and it wasn't that bad. 12 looks much better from what we have seen so far.

# 16 Ermolli @ 10/18/11 09:45 PM
The last SvR game with a demo was 08 and the last WWE game with a demo was All Stars. Not every country has those type of stores to buy games. I (for instance) have to import games because the only store that sells games in Uruguay sell PS3 games at $120.

I was going to buy it anyway because my brother wanted it but it wouldn't hurt ti make a demo because there a lot of WWE fans worldwide willing to give the game a try.

# 17 PVarck31 @ 10/19/11 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I assumed it'd be like the Arkham Asylum demo. There's a small demo level that installs from a disc,maybe even a demo disc or a demo code for the store to download it. I don't think they'd put the full game there to play.
Okay, I gotcha. Either way it sucks.

# 18 Bellsprout @ 10/19/11 01:51 AM
This reminds me of everyone flocking to Best Buys last year to play The Show.

# 19 TracerBullet @ 10/19/11 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
This reminds me of everyone flocking to Best Buys last year to play The Show.
I played a full game with my best friend when they had it there. Bastard hit a walkoff HR.

Wonder what stores they will pick

# 20 ExtremeGamer @ 10/19/11 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
But they still put the time,effort and money into making the demo.
Not exactly. The demo is probably the E3 demo just with the fixes in it since then (patched). Won't represent final build anyway but will give people an idea. So not like a lot of money would go into a new demo build for stores.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.