Home
WWE '12 News Post

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Bellsprout @ 12/02/11 01:40 PM
Not selling The People's Edition in stores was stupid.

By the time I found out it wasn't available in stores, it was the Monday before the game came out. I didn't feel like waiting, so I just bought the normal one.

But had that been available in the store, I would've happily handed over the extra cash for it.

# 102 Majingir @ 12/02/11 05:04 PM
^Ya, no peoples edition in stores was a waste. I would have bought it(i know it cost more too) if it was in stores.

Why would WWE want THQ to sell the peoples edition online when many of the people who'll be buying these wwe games will be younger people who'll just go to the stores and not preorder online. WWE12 did get more preorders than any other WWE game, but I doubt many of it was "little jimmies" lol.

# 103 NINJAK2 @ 12/02/11 05:51 PM
Like this game alot but winning online is all about utilizing the reversal mechanic correctly and the window of performing it online is somewhat laggy/unresponsive. It gets to the point that the 1st person to get knocked down is more likely to come out a loser as the onslaught ensues. Targeting opponents is awkward as well as characters often punch/stomp the ground when their opp is already standing. Still learning the ropes.......

# 104 BlueNGold @ 12/02/11 08:51 PM
Who thought this new version of Road To WrestleMania was a good idea? Seriously.....

However, the rest of the game seems to be pretty good so far. A nice step up from the past SmackDown games now that the AI is better.

One thing they're missing though is those moments where both wrestlers are slow to get up. I think SvR 06 or 07 had a mini-game like this. On that same note, I wish moves were sold a little better. If I hit you with steel steps, that shouldn't make you get up faster. It could be that I need to change sliders though.

# 105 Rawdeal28 @ 12/02/11 10:32 PM
i agree. i wanna find out which attribute or slider i need to lower to get people to stay down longer.

EDIT: just found out it is the Recovery attribute. im gonna lower everybody by 20 and see how that goes.

# 106 DJ @ 12/03/11 04:37 PM
I traded in several games and picked this game up (360) along with some MS points so I can buy the DLC pack and a 1-month Gold membership to DL a bunch of CAWs and arenas.

Looking forward to diving into Universe Mode.

# 107 BlueNGold @ 12/04/11 11:08 AM
Universe is so damn addicting. My God......

This is the type of wrestling game I wish I was playing in my younger days when I spent hours on end playing them. I loved Smackdown 2 and HCTP, but Universe Mode is just so full of win.

# 108 Streets @ 12/04/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
What's the best way to reverse a finisher because it's mostly an animation cutscene so I don't know when to press the reversal button. I did it once or twice at the beginning but I can't remember when I pressed it.

And when you have a stored finisher, how would you activate it to get the F to start lighting up so you can use it? Do you have to pull off a few moves to get it lit up or is there a button that activates it immediately?
Finisher reversal is just like reversing any other move. The window and point of reversal is different for every move. Do you have reversal indicators on?

Stored finishers can be used just like flaming ones. Just press Y/triangle in the appropriate position. When you hit a signature you get a "super (flaming) finisher". It does more damage if you hit it when it's on fire, but if you don't you can still hit a regular finisher.

# 109 DJ @ 12/05/11 04:19 PM
My initial impressions on WWE 12 are mostly positive. This game is a definite improvement from last year's game, and from previous WWE games on the 360/PS3.

I like the new control scheme, although I don't understand how to increase the bar on my submissions, and I'm struggling with the new meter on pin kickouts, but otherwise, things are very smooth.

The presentation is GREAT. I like the additional camera cuts and the audio on the entrance music is much improved from previous years. The player models look good, too.

Universe Mode is also improved from SVR 11. I haven't had the chance to download anything yet, so I'm just running with the out-of-box rosters (I got a copy that had The Rock download, so he's in the game) and I made most of the current-day WWE changes, although I still have Awesome Truth as a group.

The AI is definitely harder than last year. Right now I'm playing on Hard with no slider adjustments and I'm probably winning 60% of the matches right now.

Brock Lesnar's addition is very welcomed by this individual. I like that the developers gave Lesnar some MMA-inspired submissions, too. Nice touch.

I can see myself spending A LOT of time in Universe Mode, especially once I download a few different arenas and created wrestlers. I'd like to change Smackdown to WCW Nitro at some point, but for now, I'm having fun with the game the way it is.

There's still some legacy issues with this game, but most of us that have played wrestling games for decades know what they are, so I won't go into detail.

Fun-factor is huge for me with these games and this is the most fun I've had with a wrestling game since Legends of Wrestlemania. Kudos to the developers for improving on its product.

# 110 Jukeman @ 12/12/11 08:10 PM
RTWM is easily the worst part of this game. Just poorly done and Ive created better stories using Create a Story Mode.

And

Why do companies put things in the game that pisses off the player and not make them want to play anymore?

Who in the blue hell came up with a 5 vs 1 ladder match???

The match is already flawed with the ai rat racing to the ladder without gaining momentum first. Combine that with the AI cramming the ring...Headaches!!!

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 111 rckabillyRaider @ 12/17/11 04:41 PM
I totally suck in this game this year. I can't hardly beat any opponent....on EASY! Must be the new controls.

# 112 Majingir @ 12/18/11 04:52 PM
If anyone wants to play the TLC match card in story mode, I've uploaded it on community creations. It has Nash(with NWO music) and Booker unlocked.

The name of it is "TLC". Just search for Tables Ladders Chairs in the story section

It also has the ladder match with HHH/Nash and the sledgehammer as the main object in extreme rules matches.
The chairs match is done the same way, all 4 object slots are made into chairs

# 113 N51_rob @ 12/25/11 09:11 PM
Got the game, for Xmas, and was able to get in one match before I had to make my dish for xmas dinner, per my agreement with my GF.

Long story short first match went about 15 seconds as I couldn't figure out how to break out of a submission hold I was put in. Lol and good times. Looking forward to getting more time with this game.

# 114 DavonBrown @ 12/25/11 09:48 PM
Just got this game Friday and I'm really liking it.

# 115 donkey33 @ 12/26/11 01:01 AM
Also got the game as a gift. Hammered in my first match as I get used to the controls.

Downloaded a CAW but when I went to edit it, game froze but haven't tried again since then.

# 116 azdawgpound @ 12/26/11 11:40 AM
has anybody used cm punk? i tried using him and not sure if i hit wrong button since just got game on christmas but i tried doing his running knee in corner but he jumped up and did a double knee to chest instead i've never seen punk do this move in corner also i did another move where punk flip over the other guy and did a reverese ddt like aj styles does off rope which again have never seen punk do @ all either.

# 117 Jukeman @ 12/26/11 02:00 PM
I havent played this game in a few weeks, just been catching up on some other gaming.

Had the rental for over a month now and since the price drop, I am def picking this up.

Havent got into comm creations or create a story yet so that should be a blast when I get the retail.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 118 The Kid 24 @ 12/28/11 01:52 PM
I have a GC for Gamestop to use and I'm thinking about picking this up... I have a few questions... What is the difference between RTW and WWE Universe? Are they both story modes? What do I do in each of them? Thanks for any information.

# 119 DavonBrown @ 12/28/11 02:40 PM
RTWM is a scripted story that last a few hours. WWE Universe is an open story that lets you control everything and it can go on forever.

# 120 BlueNGold @ 12/28/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I have a GC for Gamestop to use and I'm thinking about picking this up... I have a few questions... What is the difference between RTW and WWE Universe? Are they both story modes? What do I do in each of them? Thanks for any information.
Universe Mode is the coolest wrestling game feature ever.

Road To WrestleMania is complete ****.

That's the difference.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.