Home
WWE '12 News Post

Now that WWE 12 is available to everyone, we are starting over, with a fresh impressions slate for the OS community.

As we like to keep the clutter down, please post your impressions only. If you have a question, please post in our WWE 12 Q&A thread.

If you would like to read impressions from some of the lucky OS'ers that received the game much earlier, click here.

Renowned WWE Simulation Franchise Returns to Action, Delivering Core Gameplay Improvements, Most Extensive Feature Set to Date and Instinctive Presentation

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - November 22, 2011 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that WWE® ’12, the long-awaited rebirth of the renowned WWE flagship videogame franchise, is now available at North American retailers for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. Featuring a bigger game, badder presentation and better simulation-based gameplay, including critical core gameplay improvements, the most creative and extensive feature set to date and a visceral, edgy and polished presentation, WWE ’12 is available now for the suggested retailed prices of US $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system) and US $49.99 (Wii).

“WWE ’12 delivers an incredible experience for fans this year through significant gameplay improvements, a robust, diverse feature set and the most polished presentation to date in the franchise,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “Now is the time to get in the virtual ring and experience WWE action like never before.”

Game: WWE '12Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
WWE '12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jb1 @ 01/13/12 07:39 AM
I've had the game since Christmas and I have to say it's right up there with the best WWE games I have played.

I didn't enjoy the Road to Wrestlemania mode too much but the Universe mode is one of the best modes i've ever played on a wrestling game. Sure it has it's issues that we all know about like odd booking but the fact you can edit every match is great. I've probably spent more time on this mode than I have any other wrestling game i've ever played and I started out with WWF Royal Rumble on the SNES.

One of the best aspects of this game that keeps me coming back is the gameplay, the biggest problem for me in the past is that the games have been too easy but this is a step in the right direction. I still win the majority of my matches but a lot of them are close and I do lose some matches aswell which is a good thing.

In saying that I do have issues with the gameplay, mainly that the CPU is too hesitant at times, particularly after hitting a finisher. I also try and avoid weapons matches too much as the CPU doesn't seem quick enough to utilise them and can often make for easy wins.

I also don't like the fact that the CPU likes to stay in the ring too much, meaning for example that the Elimination Chamber is wasted as the CPU rarely if ever leaves the ring to utilise the chamber.

The only major negative I have is the bugs and glitches but I can get over those because of the overall quality of the gameplay and the Universe mode. Personally i'd say this is one the best wrestling games i've played and i've played most of them.

# 142 cjonesfan921 @ 01/19/12 11:14 PM
Smackdowb vs raw 1 and 2 are still tops unfortunately. Is there a way to get out.of the Hell in a Cell and fight at the top?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

# 143 BlizzWDE @ 02/21/12 09:21 PM
I am really sick of these servers. I have NEVER had problems like these with SvR servers. Leave it to THQ to screw something up.

# 144 babythug23 @ 02/22/12 06:16 PM
Does the 360 version have the same problem downloading Caws like the ps3 does?

# 145 Shibito @ 03/01/12 01:01 PM
I'm addicted to Universe mode, finally THQ did something amazing and improved on it!

However they also screwed up the servers big time, I haven't been able to download anything yet!!!

# 146 rkoman316 @ 03/05/12 11:12 PM
I still feel the Road to WrestleMania mode needs improving. I read an article about it explaining the many flaws of it in WWE '12. I agree with the fact that there were only Triple Ha, Jacob Cass and Sheamus in the mode. I also agree that it was long and repetitive too!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.