Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC is available now for 360 users. The DLC should be available for PS3, later this afternoon. For details about the DLC, click here.

Queue it up right here, if you're on 360 (800 Points)

Play a few games, test some things out and let us know what you are seeing.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K12 Legends Showcase Add-on Content Now Available

Adds hours of play with more than 300 basketball legends and all-new gameplay modes

New York, NY – November 29, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today that Legends Showcase, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available for $9.99 via PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and for 800 Microsoft Points via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“2K Sports is committed to supporting NBA 2K12 by providing fans with exciting and engaging downloadable content,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. “We’re proud to present Legends Showcase as the first add-on package for the franchise. The new modes and legends will provide NBA fans with even more content to satisfy their professional basketball hunger.”

Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square. It will enhance NBA 2K12 by providing a never-seen-before gaming experience, giving fans an all-new way to end the debate over who is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Legends Showcase allows gamers to select from more than 300 of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, including Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Dr. J, and compete in authentic pick-up games from 1-on-1 up to 5-on-5. Legends Showcase also features mini-games, such as 21 and H-O-R-S-E, along with other new features like the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge and 3-on-3 Era Challenge. Gamers can also unlock current NBA players to create unique match-ups between legends and current stars. Finally, for the ultimate challenge, gamers can bring their My Player into the mix and battle the legends of the NBA to see how they stack up against the best ever.

Legends Showcase also includes Classic Quick Match, a new mode that allows gamers to play online with the “NBA’s Greatest” teams in a regular simulation setting.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Wii, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Windows PC. Legends Showcase* is add-on content for NBA 2K12 and now available to be downloaded via PlayStation® Network or Xbox LIVE.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 VDusen04 @ 11/29/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I don't think anyone knows what does it, or doesn't do it. I bought the DLC and added CAPs to legend teams, played the mode for a few hours and didn't have any corruption issues, but clearly others did. I do not have auto-save on, perhaps that is part of it for the others.
I'm in the same boat. I have absolutely no idea what causes this issue but so far I don't have it. I've had issues with auto-save in the past, so I do not have auto-save on.

# 102 basehead617 @ 11/29/11 08:36 PM
Horse is crazy fun if you find the secret spots..

# 103 lsalas76 @ 11/29/11 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I don't think anyone knows what does it, or doesn't do it. I bought the DLC and added CAPs to legend teams, played the mode for a few hours and didn't have any corruption issues, but clearly others did. I do not have auto-save on, perhaps that is part of it for the others.

I haven't had any roster corruption problems as of yet. I too also took off auto save before I started to play the legends showcase earlier this morning and when I came back to play it again a few minutes ago I made sure I took off auto save and like I said I haven't had any problems.

# 104 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 09:16 PM
I think auto save causes the issue. It's funny though. I have tried to replicate it and its not doing it anymore. Thought I would try creating a team with new legends then exporting them to use in another file, but it still freezes up. Would love to figure out a work around to get these new legends in the main game. I tried playing the other modes too (not HORSE yet) and it just seems to me that the gameplay is not designed for street ball type gameplay. It feels sim, but that's not really what you want when playing pick up ball. Overall, I am very disappointed. However, it is nice to edit classic teams.

# 105 cedwebb @ 11/29/11 09:22 PM
Kind of confused about this but, can you take the players from the DLC and put them on the classic teams that came with the game and play quick matches offline with them? Ex. taking Andrew Toney and putting him on the 84 Sixers team to play against someone in quick match offline to be very specific? Thanks!

# 106 hokupguy @ 11/29/11 09:25 PM
love me some dlc

# 107 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Kind of confused about this but, can you take the players from the DLC and put them on the classic teams that came with the game and play quick matches offline with them? Ex. taking Andrew Toney and putting him on the 84 Sixers team to play against someone in quick match offline to be very specific? Thanks!
You can take any CAP (Toney is not a DLC player if course) and put them on classic teams for offline quick match....Now, i just figured out a work around to get new legends in the main game, but it only works if you got that dreaded roster glitch. Here is what i did..

1. Traded new legends that I wanted (Barry, Unseld, KJ, Young Chamberlain, etc) to a regular default team (Pacers).
2. Did the whole season export team process and exported the Pacers
3. Load that team to new roster and you trade them off.

Exporting teams is risky, but this may open new doors for roster makers...

# 108 sunsaz @ 11/29/11 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
You can take any CAP (Toney is not a DLC player if course) and put them on classic teams for offline quick match....Now, i just figured out a work around to get new legends in the main game, but it only works if you got that dreaded roster glitch. Here is what i did..

1. Traded new legends that I wanted (Barry, Unseld, KJ, Young Chamberlain, etc) to a regular default team (Pacers).
2. Did the whole season export team process and exported the Pacers
3. Load that team to new roster and you trade them off.

Exporting teams is risky, but this may open new doors for roster makers...
First off, how did you even get the new players into the main game to begin with so you could trade them?

# 109 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 09:56 PM
Not quite sure, but it's the roster glitch that's been discussed several posts back. It happened when the game auto saved after playing Legend Showcase and going back to the main game. I have not been able to replicate. But I will be happy to upload teams with new legends on them later on tonight in case anyone is interested.

# 110 mrclutch @ 11/29/11 10:11 PM
Quote:
Not quite sure, but it's the roster glitch that's been discussed several posts back. It happened when the game auto saved after playing Legend Showcase and going back to the main game. I have not been able to replicate. But I will be happy to upload teams with new legends on them later on tonight in case anyone is interested.
That would be great! maybe you can just pile as many of the new legends as you can(start with Dale Ellis on how many ever teams it takes and upload the teams then we could kick them into the free agent pool. Or could you just upload the single players?
Whatever works best for you since you are doing all of the work.

# 111 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 10:18 PM
It would not take long to just upload the players on teams. I don't think you can upload individual players anyway.

# 112 VDusen04 @ 11/29/11 10:29 PM
In all honesty, I kind of like H.O.R.S.E. There's certain things that hold it back for me, mostly based on downtime between shots; each person's turn seems to drag out just little bit too long. It'd be nice if there was a way of playing speed games in these modes, cutting out the replays and the wipes and whatnot.

Anyhow, I wrote off H.O.R.S.E. earlier because I didn't understand the sweet spot mechanic. I thought you had one chance to land the ball in the sweet spot. I didn't realize if you held X it just teetered back and forth on the arc meter like a pendulum to better help you time it out. Pretty fun. I suck, but I did manage to hit a shot while sitting atop a building. I thought it'd give me an achievement, but apparently it's not known as the "Tall" building. I can't find any building taller though. The few times I could manage to make shots, it was quite satisfying.

# 113 Bk1234903 @ 11/29/11 10:51 PM
I think the dlc is great.
The teams for the 3vs3 challenge are balanced for the most part, and the mode is fun but each game is only to 11 so they don't take too long.
Although the pick- up games are just like blacktop from 2k11, it is pretty cool having so many players to choose from.
While I am not a big fan of the cell-shading, I got used to it pretty quick, and 2k did a great job with Times Square in my opinion.
The other thing I enjoyed was the classic team-up. Although I didn't play much online with the regular teams, I had a blast playing with the classic teams, and look forward to playing it more ,and trying all the teams. In the 3 games I got in, I chose 3 different teams(89 pistons, 86 celtics, 98 spurs) while my opponents always had Shaq (2 magic, 1 laker). Just thought that was interesting.
I would definitely recommend the dlc.

# 114 BRxSKINSx @ 11/29/11 10:57 PM
Looks like I won't be wasting my 800 msp on this..... Thanks 2k.... Guess I'll stick to MW3 or just go ahead and buy Skyrim, which I've been putting off, hoping that I'd get some type of fun or at least my money's worth outta 2k12... Oh well...

# 115 sportjames23 @ 11/29/11 11:14 PM
Quote:
It would not take long to just upload the players on teams. I don't think you can upload individual players anyway.

If you could upload Chambers, Majerle and KJ on one of those teams, I'll be your best friend in the whole world.

# 116 lsalas76 @ 11/29/11 11:14 PM
Quote:

thats awesome! hopefully it would allow you to do so.

Not sure how this will work out for you or what the process involves but it would be cool if you can upload teams with ALL the new legends but I would especially like to see:
Kevin Johnson
Tom Chambers
Cedric Ceballos
Dan Majerle
Artis Gilmore
Bill Walton
Pete Maravich
Rick Barry
Fat Lever
Rolando Blackman
Kenny Anderson
Yao Ming
Tracy McGrady(2003)
Vince Carter(2001)
Grant Hill(1997)
Shaq(2000)
Tim Duncan(2003)

Are you on ps3 or xbox? If you are on xbox what is your gamertag so that I can look out for your uploads?

# 117 infam0us @ 11/29/11 11:21 PM
No issues with my rosters but my NBA greatest challenges were reset, I had them all complete now it says I've only done the Jordan one.

I wish there was an option to remove the cell shading because it kills it completely. I knew it was going to be in the game but its something you don't realize how annoying it is until you play.

# 118 Sellaz32 @ 11/29/11 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
thats awesome! hopefully it would allow you to do so.

Not sure how this will work out for you or what the process involves but it would be cool if you can upload teams with ALL the new legends but I would especially like to see:
Kevin Johnson
Tom Chambers
Cedric Ceballos
Dan Majerle
Artis Gilmore
Bill Walton
Pete Maravich
Rick Barry
Fat Lever
Rolando Blackman
Kenny Anderson
Yao Ming
Tracy McGrady(2003)
Vince Carter(2001)
Grant Hill(1997)
Shaq(2000)
Tim Duncan(2003)

Are you on ps3 or xbox? If you are on xbox what is your gamertag so that I can look out for your uploads?
I am going to post a new thread with the details in the roster forum but the new legends will up in just a few.

# 119 mrclutch @ 11/30/11 12:19 AM
Ok finally had some time to play it. First off I got the dlc mainly for the quick match on line and the full control of the Legends Teams. So far that part looks good.

I do no like the street ball stuff. It's just like NBA Blacktop which comes with the game. It's funny I read alot of post that say "like Blacktop in 11". Blacktop is already in 12 with the disk people. I've only played it once(prob more than most folks) and that was enough for me.
Like most others I hate the cell shading. It makes the game look even more 2D. Seems to take away from the on screen depth. I was sure I read a post where you could turn that off. A tweet from Ronnie I think. Somebody needs to figure out how because I don't see any options for that.

# 120 Sellaz32 @ 11/30/11 12:24 AM
New legend players are now on 2kShare. Details in roster forum. Gamertag is Sellaz32.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.