Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
I don't know if this has been answered but can I continue my offline association that I started a week ago with this new Patch or must I restart it?
Yes you can, patch will automatically be updated to current associations

# 22 bfrombleacher @ 12/13/11 09:56 PM
No patch for PC

I wonder if the 'momentum' is still there.

# 23 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:00 PM
game is definitely easier overall...i'm on Superstar/Sim and beating the CPU 16-8 after the first quarter. before the patch i'd be lucky to be tied with the CPU on Superstar/Sim.

# 24 xxBuck Nutsxx @ 12/13/11 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
game is definitely easier overall...i'm on Superstar/Sim and beating the CPU 16-8 after the first quarter. before the patch i'd be lucky to be tied with the CPU on Superstar/Sim.
What teams are you playing with?

# 25 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:02 PM
I just played a few possessions against the Knicks (as the Pacers) on Superstar/Sim. To me, this is 2K11 2.0, and I mean that in a good way. If you enjoyed 2K11, you will thoroughly enjoy 2K12 with this patch. Imagine all the play calling and animation enhancements of 2K12 infused into 2K11. That's what you're getting now with this patch in my opinion. And this is coming from one of the most vocal 2K12 detractors on the board. I can finally say, as of this moment, 2K has satisfied me for the time being. I'm not saying that the game is perfect; after all, no game will be. The speed thing wasn't addressed it seems, but it's not as frustrating as it was before, mainly because the passing is 100x better, and the controls are more responsive. Now back to my regularly scheduled program of Knicks vs Pacers.

P.S. I also wanted to add that foul calling seems more balanced now, even on Superstar. I'm finally getting fouls in situations where I was getting assaulted before (even with foul sliders maxed) and not getting the call. Could it be a balanced 2K12 even on Superstar? More to come later.

Another quick edit: Teammate A.I. is noticeably better. Big Roy just got a huge block for me on the weak side, and I didn't control him until the final second. Before, I would have taken control, but he would have been too far out of position to make a play.

# 26 NINJAK2 @ 12/13/11 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I played a few possessions on All-Star/Sim just for you...

This is what 2K12 should have been at launch. Finally, I'm satisfied with this game. I just hope I'm not being too shortsighted in my early impressions. The passing speed does wonders in running an effective offense now. There are still little animation hitches when trying to break upcourt after an outlet pass, but the control responsiveness makes this a little less frustrating.
Wow! This means alot coming from you Mos..I can't wait to check this out on 360 Wednesday. I don't tknow if you or others play online much but can you check if it's easier to move the ball against zone d's?

# 27 Nodima @ 12/13/11 10:03 PM
I'm going to quit at half to try this game out online but I'm really liking what I see. I saved a replay of me blowing by defenders with Augustin, it was saved to the HP Media Zone if I can figure out where to find it I'll post it here. The only things I'm really having an issue with right now is post defenders biting on pumpfakes. Varejao and Sessions are getting plenty of wide open lay ins from 3 feet out because guys are leaving their feet on the first fake.

I'm not sure if this is a Baron Davis problem or not, it wasn't happening until he came back in the game, but he constantly holds the ball and/or the team is desparate to get the ball back to him. I also uploaded a play where he held the ball for all 24 seconds of the shot clock doing dribble moves and ignoring Jamison setting screens until he had to shoot with a second left. Of ourse he made it.

# 28 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:03 PM
This feedback is amazing ps3 users, makes me kind of sad i didn't join the PS3 masterrace (xbox guys are going to be mad i said that)

# 29 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:04 PM
cpu is not so automatic in the paint anymore...my help defenders are coming over and swating the CPU's attempts in the post.

# 30 xxBuck Nutsxx @ 12/13/11 10:05 PM
Quote:
I just played a few possessions against the Knicks (as the Pacers) on Superstar/Sim. To me, this is 2K11 2.0, and I mean that in a good way. If you enjoyed 2K11, you will thoroughly enjoy 2K12 with this patch. Imagine all the play calling and animation enhancements of 2K12 infused into 2K11. That's what you're getting now with this patch in my opinion. And this is coming from one of the most vocal 2K12 detractors on the board. I can finally say, as of this moment, 2K has satisfied me for the time being. I'm not saying that the game is perfect; after all, no game will be. The speed thing wasn't addressed it seems, but it's not as frustrating as it was before, mainly because the passing is 100x better, and the controls are more responsive. Now back to my regularly scheduled program of Knicks vs Pacers.
Could you give me a final score please? Because whenever I played on Superstar the CPU regularly blew me out, even though last year all I could play on was Superstar.

# 31 Knickerbocker @ 12/13/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
cpu is not so automatic in the paint anymore...my help defenders are coming over and swating the CPU's attempts in the post.
You must be imagining it! It's not in the notes. /sarcasm off

Some people ...

# 32 lightning_78 @ 12/13/11 10:07 PM
Can anybody that's playing MY Player tell me if the cheap CPU is a lot better? Like watching your team/player miss 80% of your shots in the 4th quarter and then watch the CPU come back from a double digit deficit to beat you in the end? Also if the overall feel of the games with your player are a lot smoother now and not as though the game determines whether you win or not.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

# 33 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:07 PM
driving to the hoop feels better.

# 34 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 10:09 PM
Contested shot attempts have definitely been addressed.

# 35 Nodima @ 12/13/11 10:11 PM
I saved a third video of some man defense I played as Kemba on Kyrie to end the first half, blocked his buzzer beater and knocked him on his *** and it looked GREAT. But I went to check nba2k.com and there's nothing in my HP Media Zone so I'm not sure how to find the replays for you guys. Is this one of those things that just doesn't work?

# 36 adub88 @ 12/13/11 10:11 PM
Quote:
driving to the hoop feels better...i'm getting better layup and dunk animations when i drive now...rather than getting some slow two-footed gather and wierd floater, my player does quicker and more appropriate animations now.
Don't wanna repeat all that has been said. I totally agree with you on this. Going to the rack with JJ Hickson and Reke is a thing of a beauty. I'm glad the passing was tuned. The ball gets to the post in a hurry now.

As some said, there are still a few floaty passes here and there, but not enough to complain about, at least not in my early findings. Passings just feels a lot better, you get can into the flow of your offense. You have to play the game to really understand how improved it is.

# 37 Sundown @ 12/13/11 10:13 PM
Quote:
I just played a few possessions against the Knicks (as the Pacers) on Superstar/Sim. To me, this is 2K11 2.0, and I mean that in a good way. If you enjoyed 2K11, you will thoroughly enjoy 2K12 with this patch. Imagine all the play calling and animation enhancements of 2K12 infused into 2K11.
This is crazy. Is there better boxing out like 2K11 patched? How about mirroring defense and drive penetration?

# 38 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:14 PM
passing has improved 5x! makes the gameplay so much better. Also Cpu misses more contested shots especially in the paint. Also it seems the mirroring Defense has been tone downed but it could be a placebo, but it feels like it has. It seems easier to drive. Open shots go in more for the user. cpu buzzer beaters have been toned down

Some negatives:
CpU Defense Recovers wayy too fast when beaten off the dribble or on fastbreaks even with slower players.
CPU abusing pump fakes and up and under move is still there. (Can be fixed with custom rosters)

Allstar default feels very good now. Custom Rosters and minor slider ajustments will make this game fantastic a wonder. The only problem i have gameplay wise is the recovery speed of the defense.

I'll answer some questions

# 39 Mos1ted @ 12/13/11 10:14 PM
I'm sorry guys, but I gotta post again. Like I told one poster in another thread, I'll point give criticism when criticism is due, but I also will give praise when praise is do. The super warpy CPU defenders that were present in the last patch are now gone it seems (I'm currently playing on Hall of Fame/Sim). I'm able to beat guys off the dribble again. #fistpump

And I'm getting every foul call! In fact, I'm getting annoyed shooting free throws!! 2k, whatever do, don't address that LOL. That's more of a testament to my aggressive playstyle. I'm getting the fouls that I rightfully deserve. I finally feel like I can get back to an X's and O's mentally against the computer on the highest level and actually hold my own!!!

# 40 Nodima @ 12/13/11 10:15 PM
Anyway here were the stats before I hopped online.

34-29 Cavaliers leading at half, 7 min quarters.

Davis - 12 5/7
Varejao 6 3/3
Sessions 4 2/3
Tristan Thompson 2-4-2 1/2

55%, 40% from 3, 14 boards, 18 PIP, 4FBP

----------

Walker 8 4/10 (I was forcing it with him just cause he's a blast) 2 blocks
Diaw 7 3/4
Augustin 6 2/3
Maggette 5 2/5

44%, 42% from 3, 11 boards, 10 PIP, 3FBP

This game seems lovable, but I like the challenge of fending off cheesers online so I've gotta see what that feels like now, or if it's still floaty online.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.