Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch 1.04 is now available on the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

For details on NBA 2K12 patch 1.04, click here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coolcras7 @ 12/13/11 10:44 PM
Alot more fouls in the act of shooting

# 82 Sundown @ 12/13/11 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I just started up an online game. I chose the Wizards. My opponent chose the Heat (predictably). He's playing with a mic. He sounds like he's about 12. This should be a good game to judge cheese.
Eager to hear your results. Meanwhile here are some crackers to go with the cheese.

# 83 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
2 questions:

1) How are those magical 3rd quarter CPU runs?

2) Overall, is the pick and roll as reliable as it was in 2k11?

Thanks fellas.
1. CPU still goes on runs but its a lot less magical lol. The cpu doesn't feel as cheesy. They do make more shots in this quarter but not every crazy shot goes in. The user still misses more in the third but not an unbearable amount. Good shots still fall. It just seems a tad harder to get open and I notice slight more bumping in this quarter compared to the rest.

2. Pick and rolls seem unchanged

# 84 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:50 PM
cpu tips less passes...there are times where the ball whizzes right past them without tipping it...pre patch they would've tipped it. not sure how i feel about this...it's a bandaid solution to make the passing feel better for now.

# 85 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:50 PM
3rd quarter was even....havent had that happen in a while....

Highlight- I actually crossed Lamar Odom over with TP and got past him......couldnt believe it...

# 86 wepr3 @ 12/13/11 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
1. CPU still goes on runs but its a lot less magical lol. The cpu doesn't feel as cheesy. They do make more shots in this quarter but not every crazy shot goes in. The user still misses more in the third but not an unbearable amount. Good shots still fall. It just seems a tad harder to get open and I notice slight more bumping in this quarter compared to the rest.

2. Pick and rolls seem unchanged
Thanks Mars, that's good to hear about the CPU/3rd quarter. Very disappointed about the pick and roll - unless I'm just flat out using it wrong, they're pretty worthless to me in 2k12.

I remember Nogster saying that the CPU failed to double team a hot user player - anyone notice any double teams?

# 87 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 10:52 PM
Im going to try and play my friend online, even though he doesnt like playing on PS3

hes mastered the art of spamming steals with Westbrook, so ill let you guys know how it goes..

# 88 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:53 PM
cpu definitley no longer abuses the cheesetastic "up-and-under"...now the cpu gets into the paint and will pass it back out rather than shooting the up-and-under over 2 defenders.

cpu loses the ball more if they keep trying to drive into a defender.

# 89 Sundown @ 12/13/11 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Thanks Mars, that's good to hear about the CPU/3rd quarter. Very disappointed about the pick and roll - unless I'm just flat out using it wrong, they're pretty worthless to me in 2k12.

I remember Nogster saying that the CPU failed to double team a hot user player - anyone notice any double teams?
Pick and Roll is definitely erratic this year but strangely I had some consistent success with it the last time I played with Curry/Ellis to David Lee. I don't know what I'm doing right or wrong. This is one area I don't quite understand how it should be improved except knowing that the execution feels messy and like a huge gamble each time I run it.

# 90 MarvellousOne @ 12/13/11 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I know this is irrelevant, but I'm wondering...

Just quickly, in My Player, does Jimmer go to the Kings or the Bucks?

Something related:

Can someone simulate a season in Association and review the roster moves/trades? Or basically until after the trade deadline?

Thanks in advance
Your first question would take some time to answer.

Your second question I simmed one association to trade deadline

Here are the results of the trades

Bobcats trade D.J. Augustin, Boris Diaw
for
Timberwolves Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic

Bucks trade Earl Boykins
for
Kings second round pick 12 and Hassan Whiteside

That was all the trades that happened

# 91 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 10:57 PM
finished my first full game on superstar/sim. CPU shot 40 percent and they were 1/6 on 3's. i won by 8 points.

at one point the cpu cut the lead to 2, but i never really felt threatened the entire game...i may have to bump it up to hall of fame.

# 92 Nodima @ 12/13/11 10:58 PM
Alright, just finished my first online game. Guy quit with about 1:10 left in the game so I don't have full stats, but they're basically fully and I'd been playing my bench for about two minutes anyway. FIrst of all, let me emphasize that if you like to play basketball, you can finally play basketball. Blocking and passing are still floaty relative to what you'll see offline but nowhere NEAR as awful as it was last week. What's really changed through is player control in general, it finally feels like what you do with your stick has an affect on your player. Shooting is also more of a struggle; pre-patch I could crush people with Monta's signature fadeaway jumper, but this game it just wasn't falling. I suppose it could be a fluke since a couple days ago I had Melo go 5-19 and he was usually more like 15-19, but we'll see. I just have to say I loved playing this game, and not least of all because my opponent used the Pistons! I was blown away; his record was 0-0 but you could tell he'd played some 2K before. I took the Warriors specifically to test 3 point shooting; I liked what I saw for the most part. Here's the stats:

BOX SCORE (Pts, Position stat, turnovers, FGS (3PT))
Warriors
Steph Curry - 20pts, 3ast, 1stl, 2TO, 8/15 (1/4)
Reggie Williams - 12, 4reb, 2ast, 1stl, 1blk, 5/8 (2/4)
Monta Ellis - 11pts, 3reb, 3ast, 1stl, 1blk, 5/13 (1/4)
Law - 5pts, 2/2
Udoh - 4pts, 2reb, 1stl, 2/2
Thronton - 4pts, 2/3

David Lee - 9 rebounds, 1 block

Pistons
Ben Gordon - 11pts, 1reb, 1stl, 4/7 (2/4)
Stuckey - 8pts, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl, 2TO, 3/10
Tayshaun - 6pts, 5reb, 1blk, 2/5
Brandon Knight - 6pts, 1reb, 2ast, 1stl, 1TO, 2/11 (0/1)

TEAM STATS (GSW/DET)
FGMs: 25-48 (52%)/13-41 (25%)
3PTs: 5-13 (38%)/2-8 (25%)
FTs: 4-4/7-8
Assists: 12/5
TOs: 5/7
Fouls: 5/6
Rebounds: 31&7/19&4
Steals: 6/4
Blocks: 2/2
PITP: 24/14
Bench: 25/10
2nd: 8/4
FBP: 17/11
POT: 10/4

Overall, it was a really fun game that felt very balanced, I just had Reggie Williams put 12 points on him in about a minute and change and from there his moral was broke, he kept rushing me on defense (as you can see, steal mashing didn't work out too well) and rushing his offense into the paint, which obviously didn't work too well either since the majority of his points came outside of it. But what was probably most encouraging was the three point shooting, because usually I take more like 6 or 7 threes a game even when it was nearly automatic. Me taking 13 means I was open most if not all of those times, and they were just tough shots to make. Shooting in general felt challenging, and as you can see if it weren't for my bench guys coming in and getting easy shots on his frazzled, erratic 4th Q defense my FG% would have been a much more normal number. It will be interesting to see what happens against a more seasoned/cheese-approved opponent, but this was a good first trial run online. It's not perfect but it's about as good as 2K10/2K11 was which is, mostly, fine by me.

# 93 OGKing @ 12/13/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Your first question would take some time to answer.

Your second question I simmed one association to trade deadline

Here are the results of the trades

Bobcats trade D.J. Augustin, Boris Diaw
for
Timberwolves Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic

Bucks trade Earl Boykins
for
Kings second round pick 12 and Hassan Whiteside

That was all the trades that happened
Damn, that's good.

Not sure about the Kevin Love trade though. It doesn't bother me though.

# 94 wepr3 @ 12/13/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
cpu definitley no longer abuses the cheesetastic "up-and-under"...now the cpu gets into the paint and will pass it back out rather than shooting the up-and-under over 2 defenders.

cpu loses the ball more if they keep trying to drive into a defender.
So good to hear!

# 95 wepr3 @ 12/13/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pick and Roll is definitely erratic this year but strangely I had some consistent success with it the last time I played with Curry/Ellis to David Lee. I don't know what I'm doing right or wrong. This is one area I don't quite understand how it should be improved except knowing that the execution feels messy and like a huge gamble each time I run it.
And in my opinion, this is a basic staple of basketball and shouldn't be so difficult - certainly shouldn't feel like a gamble.

# 96 OGKing @ 12/13/11 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
That's definitely realistic. Heard some rumblings that the T-Wolves may be forced to pick between Kevin Love and Derrick Williams. But I'm glad I can go pick this game up again and finally get my GM on!
Yea, maybe they did want to get rid of Love to pave way for Derrick Williams, now that i think about it, that trade is pretty good.

# 97 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
What teams are you playing with?
I'm OKC vs Milwaukee.

# 98 The 24th Letter @ 12/13/11 11:07 PM
couldnt get online, so im doing another hum vs cpu against the Thunder...

RW was by far the biggest up and under abuser in this game....glad to report its nowhere near as bad...

# 99 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/13/11 11:07 PM
finished another quick 7 min game: NOH vs LAC
It was back and forth all game, but clippers made better plays down the stretch. Caron Butler was too much for me as i did contain billups and eric gordon. CP3 tried a last minute comeback but it became evident that he needed more offensive help. Blake griffen iced the game with a reverse putback dunk off a Gordon miss. I lost by 6. very fun game little to no cheese.

# 100 blues rocker @ 12/13/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
You must be imagining it! It's not in the notes. /sarcasm off

Some people ...
seems like a lot of major gameplay changes weren't in the patch notes...not sure why 2k wouldn't list this stuff in the notes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.