Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Pared @ 01/08/12 03:48 PM
This thread is completely out of hand.

Some of you need to get some perspective. A majority of these comments never used to permeate this forum and it's only getting worse.

If you're upset that X player is not on the roster, learn to portray that in a more adult fashion. Those that are actually interested in discussing the game will not be drowned out by those that want to do nothing but complain and make comments such as the previous.

If only many of you would just sell the game if you're this unhappy and move on, EVERYONE would be better off.

# 162 ihdavis @ 01/08/12 05:22 PM
Not only are there still 20 rookies missing: Greg Stiemsma (BOS), E'Twaun Moore (BOS), Mychel Thompson, Cory Higgins(CLE), Jerome Jordan(NYK), DeAndre Liggins(ORL), Isaiah Thomas(SAC), Chris Wright(GSW), Ryan Reid(OKL), Julyan Stone(DEN), Carldell Johnson(NOH), Gustavo Ayon(NOH), Jeremy Pargo(MEM), Terrel Harris(MIA), Mickell Gladness(MIA), Donald Sloan(ATL), Ivan Johnson(ATL), Vernon Macklin(DET), Dennis Horner (NJN), and Charles Jenkins (GSW) but there are also 5 players with previous NBA experience who are not present in the game: Royal Ivey (OKL), Chris Johnson (POR), Josh Davis (MEM), Jamal Tinsley (UTH), and Larry Hughes (ORL). Hopefully NBA 2K will add the rest of these missing players by the next update.

# 163 ihdavis @ 01/08/12 05:25 PM
Also, Jeff Pendergraph (IND) has NBA experience and is also missing from the game

# 164 erich20012001 @ 01/08/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihdavis
Not only are there still 20 rookies missing: Greg Stiemsma (BOS), E'Twaun Moore (BOS), Mychel Thompson, Cory Higgins(CLE), Jerome Jordan(NYK), DeAndre Liggins(ORL), Isaiah Thomas(SAC), Chris Wright(GSW), Ryan Reid(OKL), Julyan Stone(DEN), Carldell Johnson(NOH), Gustavo Ayon(NOH), Jeremy Pargo(MEM), Terrel Harris(MIA), Mickell Gladness(MIA), Donald Sloan(ATL), Ivan Johnson(ATL), Vernon Macklin(DET), Dennis Horner (NJN), and Charles Jenkins (GSW) but there are also 5 players with previous NBA experience who are not present in the game: Royal Ivey (OKL), Chris Johnson (POR), Josh Davis (MEM), Jamal Tinsley (UTH), and Larry Hughes (ORL). Hopefully NBA 2K will add the rest of these missing players by the next update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihdavis
Also, Jeff Pendergraph (IND) has NBA experience and is also missing from the game
Thank you for the list.

Here's my take on it. In a sports game in today's day and age, you should have at least 95% of the rosters correct, or at least in the game. (Especially when one of the selling points is the Most Accurate NBA 2k ever) Counting the 12 man active rosters, that'd be 360 players. With 26 players missing it's at about 92%. Which is my only gripe.

I'm still going to play the hell out of this game, it's just a tad disappointing.

# 165 HolyStroke3 @ 01/08/12 05:54 PM
In a game who's major selling point was the most realistic rosters possible, there should be 100% accurate rosters. Every player that's on a roster should be in the game

# 166 lsutigernosaint @ 01/08/12 06:09 PM
i love how some dude blasted me saying i only cared about unis when the first thing i said in my statement was that the hornets ROSTER is still awful. hope you arent that selective when you read things of importance.

i apologize to everyone if i am out of line for having complaints about paying $65 for a game thats main selling point is realism, and my team alone has several flaws. im sure the hornets arent the only team with multiple flaws as well ....

# 167 The Yurpman @ 01/08/12 06:11 PM
There's no excuse for not having every single player that's on a roster in this roster update. If Madden can be updated week by week with pretty much 100% accuracy, then teams that have at max 15 players should be updated with 100% accuracy.

# 168 Preo32 @ 01/08/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Thank you for the list.

Here's my take on it. In a sports game in today's day and age, you should have at least 95% of the rosters correct, or at least in the game. (Especially when one of the selling points is the Most Accurate NBA 2k ever) Counting the 12 man active rosters, that'd be 360 players. With 26 players missing it's at about 92%. Which is my only gripe.

I'm still going to play the hell out of this game, it's just a tad disappointing.
Well one interesting thing about this year is that the NBA is letting teams have 15 active players per game up until some day in February I believe, because of the lack of offseason. And Ive seen boxscores where teams have played 13 or 14 players in one game. So that would actually make the percentage of complete rosters around 94% if you were doing 15 man rosters. My issue is that because teams can play 15, we should have those 15 if a team has that many. I havent looked at the rosters still (I plan on it tonight) but knowing who is missing is a disappointment bc there are some key players not in the game.

I follow NCAA basketball a lot so Ive heard of all these mid-major players that are missing and its unfortunate that they dont get a place in the game. Especially Pargo for the Grizz is playing a lot so I feel he should be in here. I like using those not well known college players in the game and adding them in association as backups and try to develop the ones I like, so its just a missing chunk for me. Of course I can, do and will download DNAs of players from 2k share to fill out missing players so its not the worst thing in the world, but it would be nice to have everybody.

Doesnt help that of all the 2K's, this years gameplay is my least favorite by far. Its not bad, but compared to every year before this (Ive had every year since 2k2 except 2k4) I notice I am complaining more about things while playing than I have in the past.

# 169 swenth01 @ 01/08/12 07:47 PM
hey- i'm a first timer over here with nba2k12. what do i do or where do i go to download the latest updated rosters? do i go somewhere in the game? or do i download something then transfer everything to ps3? thanks.

# 170 TK_Axam @ 01/08/12 08:58 PM
#1 upload all the currently active players
#2 update shoes
#3 update faces/ tattoos/ etc.

then I'll be happy for this year

# 171 SirSublime @ 01/08/12 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swenth01
hey- i'm a first timer over here with nba2k12. what do i do or where do i go to download the latest updated rosters? do i go somewhere in the game? or do i download something then transfer everything to ps3? thanks.
Have the same issue. On 2KShare I go to official roster downloads and it says "There are no files available at this time".

Do I need to search by File/Gamertag?

If anyone has managed to download the update could they upload it as a backup if the official update is offline?

# 172 SirDAB @ 01/08/12 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
In a game who's major selling point was the most realistic rosters possible, there should be 100% accurate rosters. Every player that's on a roster should be in the game
Read the entire thread, there's a CONTRACTUAL reason why some players aren't in the game....

# 173 davis420 @ 01/08/12 09:40 PM
Rosters usually update when you start the game, if not I think in the options you can reset rosters and you will have the current one.

# 174 HolyStroke3 @ 01/08/12 09:41 PM
Go to reset rosters and it will give you the newest update

# 175 Hype_R @ 01/08/12 11:45 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of the injuries and suspensions? For example, if I want to start a season with the Spurs but not have to deal with Ginobili being out for awhile.

# 176 Marc_Rez @ 01/09/12 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype_R
Does anyone know how to get rid of the injuries and suspensions? For example, if I want to start a season with the Spurs but not have to deal with Ginobili being out for awhile.
When you start your season all injuries will not be there.

# 177 ManhattanBeachLakers @ 01/09/12 01:57 AM
I've read through this whole thread, and I need to know if there is a way to apply rookies on the new roster update to a previous roster file in the game. Someone already asked it, but the Export Team feature doesn't work in this case because you can't add or remove players on created teams, the only option is to "Release" the players permanently, which makes it useless.

# 178 jpup @ 01/09/12 03:08 AM
Start a season and they will not be injured.

# 179 DENCIO @ 01/09/12 08:21 AM
question if i download the latest update today,is this following jersey are still included?
this jersey includes in the xmas update

Jerseys (12.25.11)
76ers - Secondary uniform unlocked
Jazz - Secondary uniform unlocked
Kings - Secondary uniform unlocked
Mavericks - Secondary uniform unlocked
Heat - Back in Black uniform unlocked
Raptors - Military Night uniform unlocked
Celtics - Christmas uniform unlocked
Knicks - Christmas uniform unlocked
Heat - Christmas uniform unlocked
Mavericks - Christmas uniform unlocked
Bulls - Christmas uniform unlocked
Lakers - Christmas uniform unlocked

# 180 PrettyT11 @ 01/09/12 08:51 AM
Yes they are there. Once 2K unlocked them they will be in all future updates.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.