Home
Grand Slam Tennis 2 News Post

Tennis, despite its limited popularity in America, is one of the only sports gaming genres where gamers have several choices available. The Top Spin series has been the standard in tennis gaming, but Virtua Tennis also has its share of fans. Now, EA has entered the fray on all three major consoles with Grand Slam Tennis 2. Does EA’s newest entry into tennis gaming set a new standard for the genre?

Read More - Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

Game: Grand Slam Tennis 2Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Grand Slam Tennis 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dodgerblue @ 02/20/12 10:28 PM
Well written review Bo. Thanks for your impressions.

# 2 SteelerSpartan @ 02/20/12 10:30 PM
A fair review,

EA has the potential here to make a deep and engaging Tennis experience, but like with Madden, its still mostly a pretty paint job without the raw horse power

Hopefully this series doesn't go the way of NCAA Basketball 10 and they put more emphasis on making this series a Tennis Sim

# 3 tinpanalley @ 02/21/12 01:45 AM
They'll be lucky if even a small audience of people buys this game. So even if it DOES come out again as Grand Slam 3, it won't likely get much more sim than this. They'll probably charge us another 50 bucks next year and do something dumb like remove Nadal.

# 4 tanner75 @ 02/21/12 02:32 AM
I don't know why you are not seeing the cpu serve any faults. Try playing on superstar, i have seen multiple let serves, serves into the net and i even won a crucial game when the cpu (Serena Williams) served a double fault!!

# 5 killer miller31 @ 02/21/12 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
I don't know why you are not seeing the cpu serve any faults. Try playing on superstar, i have seen multiple let serves, serves into the net and i even won a crucial game when the cpu (Serena Williams) served a double fault!!
i know! same here i see cpu serve errors all the time and the cpu hit the ball in to the net a lot as well.

# 6 Da-Man @ 02/21/12 06:31 AM
Good fair review but could someone please explain to me the pros and cons of hitting the ball deep?

# 7 bomccready @ 02/21/12 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
It's great that you're seeing faults. It's my opinion, though, that faults shouldn't only happen on Superstar difficulty. Plus, given the way difficulty progresses in career mode, faults only showing up on Superstar difficulty means that you'll be several years into your career before the CPU starts missing serves.

What console are you playing on and what control method are you using?

# 8 bomccready @ 02/21/12 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Good fair review but could someone please explain to me the pros and cons of hitting the ball deep?
Thanks, Da-Man.

The cons: NONE.

# 9 Bulls321974 @ 02/21/12 10:03 AM
A typical EA game. All show and no substance. Enough said.

# 10 Dazraz @ 02/21/12 11:58 AM
I would push the rating of the game to a 7 purely because EA have at least catered for offline multiplayers unlike any other recent tennis sim.

Despite a number of flaws EA have laid a solid foundation with Grand Slam Tennis 2. Only time will tell whether EA see this potential through to fruition or whether they just let the franchise stagnate as with the likes of the Fight Night series.

# 11 canucksss @ 02/21/12 12:05 PM
thanks for the honest review...you saved me some $$$$. ea is known for eye popping graphics but poor gameplay and career modes (or GM modes in some sports titles).

# 12 tanner75 @ 02/21/12 01:49 PM
I'm playing on ps3 using a combo of sticks and face buttons. I agree that there should be more errors on the lower difficulty and career mode is way too easy to start with, but on superstar and online i'm loving it! I have found players with a high power and serve rating but a lower accuracy rating hit a lot more errors on serve, serena williams for example.

# 13 tanner75 @ 02/21/12 03:51 PM
I just put my theory into practice, only players with a high power and serve rating but a low accuracy rating will hit a lot of errors on serve. Serena & Venus Williams, Andy Roddick being top 3, serve ratings in the 90's but accuracy rating about 68. By editing your created players ratings you can get it so that they all play much more realistically. Unfortunately you can't edit the players already in the game unless you re-create them, which i see some people have started to do.

# 14 killer miller31 @ 02/21/12 04:13 PM
im on ps3 as well with a combo of sticks and buttons and have only played pro difficulty and online.and like i mentioned im seeing cpu errors on pro difficulty.

# 15 STOOPIDSHOOTER @ 03/07/12 03:06 AM
typical EA crap! the carreer mode is garbage. the onine lags from time to time, i have a great internet connection, and none of my other games lag like this one. < this is with every EA game, EA needs to do something with their servers. when playing nadal you are always going to have a lag (online) due to his speed. so i give the game a 5.

# 16 randumo24 @ 01/30/13 06:44 PM
Instead of complaining about the game being too easy(while you are probably playing on the rookie difficulty setting), try turning up the difficulty. I'm willing to bet you aren't playing on the highest, or even near the highest difficulty rating.

# 17 econoodle @ 02/07/13 01:54 PM
I NEVER see this game used at Gamestop.
IS it because its got so much replay value [online], no one wants to sell it, or because no one bought it to be able to sell it?

# 18 rangerrick012 @ 02/07/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
I NEVER see this game used at Gamestop.
IS it because its got so much replay value [online], no one wants to sell it, or because no one bought it to be able to sell it?
Probably the latter.

# 19 cdawg44 @ 02/14/13 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Probably the latter.
Yeah, almost nobody bought this. It is avaiable at best buy for 20 bucks.

# 20 econoodle @ 02/18/13 11:42 PM
still tempted to buy it, just for the arcade style play?
did they fix the serve and volley overuse?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.