Home
SSX News Post

The SSX demo is available now for 360 and later today for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

You can queue up the SSX demo, right here. It weighs in at 1.24 GB.

Defy reality and own the planet by jumping into the boots of the classic SSX character Zoe Payne to complete a tutorial run in the Rockies, then experience reality-defying gameplay through Race it, and Trick it events. In this online enabled demo, compete against your friends on your own schedule by uploading ghosts of your best runs to the SSX servers in Explore mode. Feeling lonely on the mountain? Don’t forget to send the demo invite to a friend to unlock SSX trickster Mac Fraser! SSX is in stores February 28th, 2012.

Game: SSXReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
SSX Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Buddywalker @ 02/21/12 07:33 AM
SSX not even has a instant replay mode. That's pretty lame for a racing game with trick style contests. My pre-order has just been canceled.

# 2 Tomba @ 02/21/12 08:01 AM
Game is everything I remember SSX3(Gamecube Version)to be.

The series is now on next gen and minus the failures of past attempts:

SSX on Tour
SSX Blur

The demo gives the feeling and spirit back of SSX3 and does it so in ways that adds to the SSX3 Classic by making this game its most worthy predecessor.

Graphics - Arguably Perfect
Gameplay - EXTREMELY intuitive and responsive

The best thing about the game is the fact is that its a throwback to SSX3 with MAJOR upgrades thanks to what modern tech can pull off.

I don't feel they could have done any better

Every race every trick feels and looks different.

This is the opitimity of organic FUN (tried to get that right HA!)

Theyv'e added a few things new and those things blend seemly in the world I remember in SSX3.

I miss the lodges I miss Royksopps' Poor Leno, but I'm not gonna miss out on SSX for 360/PS3....

It's just beyond a reboot, it's a remaking of a classic I thought wouldn't be made...

EASport's, Connor and Company!

You guys pulled it off

# 3 davis420 @ 02/21/12 08:23 AM
I just finished playing the tutorial and I have to say this might be a game I get after the Show is released. The tricks are nice to pull off using the L and R sticks. The race down the 1st mountain was FUN! I'm really not a racing or extreme sports type of gamer but I think this game can appeal to many different types of gamers. I probably will rent first before I buy it tho.

# 4 bigball12 @ 02/21/12 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

I miss Royksopps' Poor Leno...

# 5 Tomba @ 02/21/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12

Bro,

Much Luv

"poor leno where did he go ohh"

where it is I find you"

# 6 bigball12 @ 02/21/12 03:56 PM
I really must consolidate my complete enthusiasm and positive feelings regarding this game, or I would need my own section

Put simply, this is easily a top contender for game of the year, and is an absolute pleasure to play. Talk about being in love with a video game!

DO YOURSELF AN ENORMOUS FAVOR, AND BUY THIS GAME!

# 7 Tomba @ 02/21/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
I really must consolidate my complete enthusiasm and positive feelings regarding this game, or I would need my own section

Put simply, this is easily a top contender for game of the year, and is an absolute pleasure to play. Talk about being in love with a video game!

DO YOURSELF AN ENORMOUS FAVOR, AND BUY THIS GAME!
Better words could not have been said.

The bar has been raised for video games in general. Not only is the franchise of SSX gloriously back it's back in a way that is uncomprimising of control or fun factor.

Here at OperationSports we talk Sim we talk realism and yet when a game based on a sport that can only be made in this way where realism and sim need to have that fun factor it makes you wonder why this hasnt been attempted in other sports games.

Haven't played a better pick up and play game in ages

# 8 OhTheBagger @ 02/21/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Better words could not have been said.

The bar has been raised for video games in general. Not only is the franchise of SSX gloriously back it's back in a way that is uncomprimising of control or fun factor.

Here at OperationSports we talk Sim we talk realism and yet when a game based on a sport that can only be made in this way where realism and sim need to have that fun factor it makes you wonder why this hasnt been attempted in other sports games.

Haven't played a better pick up and play game in ages
agree 100%. This new SSX gets back to what made the series great and adds great new features. Cant wait until next week!

# 9 Tomba @ 02/21/12 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhTheBagger
agree 100%. This new SSX gets back to what made the series great and adds great new features. Cant wait until next week!
The paracute gliding etc all make sense and the level of trick control is like a mix between skate and burnout just like they said

# 10 The Amaizen Blue @ 02/21/12 05:12 PM
PSN

Y U NO UPDATE STORE EARLIER?!

tehe

# 11 Sandman42 @ 02/21/12 05:44 PM
Just did the opening tutorial and first race and can already say this game is hitting the same notes with me that Tricky did.

Also, a dubstep remix of of the Tricky theme. Take my money EA.

# 12 Tomba @ 02/21/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Take my money EA.
edit:

Take my gas money EA

# 13 areobee401 @ 02/21/12 06:12 PM
After playing the demo there's no doubt I'll be picking this up day 1. The game comes out next Tuesday or the following week?

# 14 Sandman42 @ 02/21/12 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
After playing the demo there's no doubt I'll be picking this up day 1. The game comes out next Tuesday or the following week?
Next Tuesday.

For those playing the demo, there is a trick mountain if you go over to New Zealand.

# 15 Tomba @ 02/21/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
next Tuesday feb 28th

# 16 8iron @ 02/21/12 07:51 PM
Tricky is my all time favorite game. Its why I keep my ps2 hooked up and not in a box.

That said, this has the potential to unseat it and not just because I love the franchise. This is what a reboot on next gen should be. Familiar yet innovative, "accessible" yet deep.

For the multiplayer fans, I personally think the Autolog (here Ridernet) model is the absolute standard for online mp. No rage quitters, no in your face cheese. Just an old school feeling leaderboard with a modern social network sensibility. You know WHO you are duking it out with but dont have to be online with them simultaneously, battle lag or anything else. If you like head to head, cool. But i loooove this method of competition.

I had cancelled my pre order due to a busy schedule and some still shrink wrapped games backlogged since Christmas (plus Reckoning) but this is back to day 1 must have, probably day 2 "sick day".

# 17 Randiesel75 @ 02/21/12 07:55 PM
Glad to see the great demo feedback and really excited for this release. I love the day 2 sick day comment, may have to try that!

# 18 Tomba @ 02/21/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
Tricky is my all time favorite game. Its why I keep my ps2 hooked up and not in a box.

That said, this has the potential to unseat it and not just because I love the franchise. This is what a reboot on next gen should be. Familiar yet innovative, "accessible" yet deep.

For the multiplayer fans, I personally think the Autolog (here Ridernet) model is the absolute standard for online mp. No rage quitters, no in your face cheese. Just an old school feeling leaderboard with a modern social network sensibility. You know WHO you are duking it out with but dont have to be online with them simultaneously, battle lag or anything else. If you like head to head, cool. But i loooove this method of competition.

I had cancelled my pre order due to a busy schedule and some still shrink wrapped games backlogged since Christmas (plus Reckoning) but this is back to day 1 must have, probably day 2 "sick day".

SSX for gamecube was a tie for first with f zero gx for me.

I havent had a all time favorite on 360 at all yet that compared to those two like they did on gamecube for me.

SSX is finally shaping up to be my favorite next gen game apart from maybe MLB 11 The Show due to the nature of its organicness with it's time of day etc gameplay and pure calmness you get from the tile.

But again i can't recall game where it was just instantly hitting on all parts.

SSX is THAT game.

# 19 scottborasjr @ 02/21/12 08:49 PM
Has anyone gotten the demo on PS3 yet? I still can't find it.

# 20 Blzer @ 02/21/12 09:32 PM
I don't think the store has updated yet.

Like Twisted Metal, I already know I'm getting this game day one so I'm going to try my best and not play a demo. It's very difficult not to lol but I feel it's necessary, though I've watched a ton of gameplay videos for it.

Can't wait till next Tuesday!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.