Home
Tiger 13 News Post

Got this in our inbox from EA today:

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 introduces some new online features, most notably a key social feature called Online Country Clubs and a coins-based economy.

The coins-based economy will enable players to earn coins through regular gameplay. With coins, players will be able to purchase Pin Packs as well as individual rounds on PDLC courses. The player’s ultimate goal will be to unlock unlimited play on PDLC courses via either collecting all the pins for that course (players collect pins by purchasing “Pin Packs” with their earned coins), or by completing course mastery on that course by purchasing individual rounds with coins.

Country clubs will enable players to create or join an exclusive country club with friends and will also accelerate a players’ coins earnings. Friends will gather together in clubs, create tournaments and compete against club members for the coveted Club Championship. As players’ country clubs grow and level up, they’ll be awarded with increased coins payouts.

The virtual economy and country clubs simplified: Connect, Compete and Collect. The more you play, the more coins you earn, the more coins you earn the more pins you can collect, the more pins you have, the faster you’ll earn additional coins, which leads to unlocking unlimited play on PDLC courses. Participation in a Country Club will accelerate the rate at which all the above occur, so make sure to get into a Country Club starting March 6 at www.easports.com/countryclubs.

In addition, the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo will go live on March 6 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

For more info on the online country clubs, click here.

So what do you think about the Tiger Woods Online modes? Are you going to check out the demo?

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DivotMaker @ 03/01/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Does anyone know if we'll get to try out the Kinect controls in the demo? I haven't seen anything announced either way
Yes, you will be able to try out the Kinect functionality in the demo.

# 42 DivotMaker @ 03/01/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
So Divot you're saying that TW true aim is back in that there is no aiming marker that pinpoints where your shot goes and that that your clubs are measured by the carrying distance and there are yardage markers around various parts of the green and fairways that allow you to gauge distance that way because those 2 are the most important factors in what made the TW 11 true aim so enjoyable.

Also can we get some feedback about chipping. If you played 18 holes then I assume you had a few chips. Are they actually improved with the feel and look that a real chip would have rather than the poor implementation that we are used to with prior games. Thanx in advance.
Again, I had VERY limited time with the game and TruAim was in it, but I did not get a chance to play around with it much. I do know that you can choose from "carry distance" and "total distance" for TruAim, but I am not sure what is the default setting in Tournament mode is. I did see an aiming marker, but I was not able to check to see if this could be turned on/off by the user. That being said, with the new swing, I never once managed to hit my ball right where the aiming marker was due to the variations in distance that perfect versus slow/fast tempo gave me. I saw variations in distance of up to 50 yards and sometimes more (on drives with the driver) due to variations with the kind of tempo I could produce. I found it to be very "simulation-like" in the short time I had to play. This will be even more pronounced using Kinect IMO.

I had a couple of chips and I flubbed both of them because in Tournament mode I could not manage the strike meter properly to get the right impact point on the ball. I was always way underneath the ball which resulted in a very short chip. If I had enough time, I had planned to go the AN Practice Facility to check this and other things out. I also found the ball physics to be vastly improved as EA had stated earlier. Again, take this information as it is because I was processing quite a bit of information in a very limited amount of time. My overall feeling of the game is that I think Tournament mode will be much more challenging than 11 or 12, especially out of the rough AND bunkers with the wireless controller, but I also think the ultimate challenge for sim users will be playing with Kinect which at this point I am anxious to get my hands on for an extended period of time.

# 43 OnlookerDelay @ 03/01/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I also think the ultimate challenge for sim users will be playing with Kinect which at this point I am anxious to get my hands on for an extended period of time.
Did you happen to try swinging a real club or club trainer when using the Kinect? Did Christian mention anything about using a real club with it? If not, do you think you would have benefited from having a club in your hands while you were "swinging"?

# 44 DivotMaker @ 03/01/12 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Did you happen to try swinging a real club or club trainer when using the Kinect? Did Christian mention anything about using a real club with it? If not, do you think you would have benefited from having a club in your hands while you were "swinging"?
I did not have a real club and willk likely never use a full club, but I can see myself possibly using a weighted club just longer than a club grip.....and they said you could use a club with no issues other than the possiblility of hitting something in yur entertainment space....

# 45 DivotMaker @ 03/01/12 05:24 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the info. To expand with my chipping question, does the chipping animation swing look realistic in terms of backswing and speed and just overall natural feel and looking like it would with a real golfer doing the same chip.
I was spending too much time watching the swing meter initially to notice, then when I went to Tournament mode I was focused on getting the ball striker in the right place to notice as well....again, if I had more time, I could comment. I was just trying to learn the new swing and how the ball stricking feature impacts the shot results.

# 46 DivotMaker @ 03/01/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
So you found it difficult to keep the right stick steady and in place as you swung the left stick? If that's the case then "yikes" for us PS3 users. The stick is sensitive enough on the DS controller to keep a shot straight but I guess if you're in a PS3 CC with only Dual Shock users then there should be some pretty realistic scoring.
I was swinging with the right stick and using the left to set the strike meter and yes, it was not easy at all....this will take come getting used to.

# 47 OnlookerDelay @ 03/01/12 06:09 PM
Divot, I'm a little concerned now about having to watch the strike meter during the swing when using the wireless controller. I like using my golfer's animation to gauge my swing, plus I feel like I'll lose a bit of immersion watching a meter instead of my swing. Curious to get your thoughts on this...

# 48 kickingguru @ 03/01/12 06:31 PM
I found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_EricBusch
The differences are the Swing Difficulty, the presence of the on-screen Swing Meter, as well as the use of Putt Preview and Ball Spin. Swing Difficulty affects a couple of things, first and foremost is the sensitivity to mi**** (both left/right as well as overswing and tempo). On Normal and above, you will also be required to swing your stick diagonally to execute draws and fades.

Swing Difficulty also affects the Strike Meter behavior:
* Easy: Defaults to the center of the ball, and does not need to be held in place during the swing
* Normal: Defaults to the center of the meter, and does not need to be held in place during the swing
* Hard and Expert: Defaults to the center of the meter, and must be held in place during the swing

The Difficulty Levels are as follows:
* Amateur: Easy Swing, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, Ball Spin
* Pro: Normal Swing, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, Ball Spin
* Tour Pro: Hard Swing, Swing Meter, no Putt Preview, no Ball Spin
* Tournament: Expert Swing, no Swing Meter, no Putt Preview, no Ball Spin
* Custom: Any other combination of Swing Difficulty, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, and Ball Spin

The Caddie Mode is a separate setting which can be set independent of the Difficulty Level.
This would indicate to me that Tournament is truly an expert swing... Tour Pro may be where its at. Hopefully, coin bonuses will encourage the "Pro's" in this game to at least abandon Am and default to Pro instead. I would like to see Am be truly for those new to the game and very little incentive for a higher skilled player to use it.....

# 49 OnlookerDelay @ 03/01/12 08:21 PM
Quote:
I would think it would just be something you need to get used to since that type of shot system has never been used before. As long as you have a steady hand it should become 2nd nature with keeping it in place but leaves open the possibility that the stick may go off kilter once in awhile and you shank a shot which is a good thing. It's like paying a FPS and trying to keep your aim as you move, takes awhile getting a feel for it but once you do then it's not a problem.
I hope this proves to be the case Seymour; I do follow your reasoning here. What we haven't seen is how shots are setup with the Kinect. We can't have a strike meter with the Kinect. I just wonder if the Kinect will be able to pick up the height of the hands at impact and judge whether we've hit it thin or fat. Furthermore, will the Kinect be checking to see if we've hit under the ball for an explosion shot, for example?

# 50 kickingguru @ 03/10/12 02:29 PM
Total Online Play Country Club open for business... If you interested in a good club with some "experienced" guys (30 or 40 somethings) we would be the right place. Required: Thick skin, sense of humor, play the game some....

Info is in my sig or just drop a message here and I will PM you the pw.... We have 4 members now and looking to have 20....

# 51 kickingguru @ 02/23/13 03:18 PM
Not to be nit picky... but you just posted this in the thread for the Tiger 13 Demo last year

# 52 OnlookerDelay @ 02/23/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Not to be nit picky... but you just posted this in the thread for the Tiger 13 Demo last year
Doh! I took the advice of the duplicate thread warning device without reading the number. I'll start a new thread... thanks!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.