Home
News Post

These videos are also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Please give thanks to blueandwhite!

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 riotmonster @ 02/28/12 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BG
Confused as to why a "Tru broadcast presentation" is labeled as one of the major additions to this years title and the intros are the same. Disappointing..
Yeah, well the good news is this is the first year of true broadcast so it should improve every year from now.

# 42 ParisB @ 02/28/12 01:17 AM
I just don't understand some of the complaints.

Maybe because I'm all gameplay, and skip through cut scenes etc. and I don't find cut scenes cool.

Players walking into the stadium? Signing autographs? Meh...that would get real old after the 3rd time. I just don't get it.

# 43 MIKEY93 @ 02/28/12 01:22 AM
Even though the intros are the same as last year, I'm still excited for the game. I gotta finish my MLB 11 season though. Lol. This game is gonna be legen-... wait for it...-dary!

# 44 econoodle @ 02/28/12 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I just don't understand some of the complaints.

Maybe because I'm all gameplay, and skip through cut scenes etc. and I don't find cut scenes cool.

Players walking into the stadium? Signing autographs? Meh...that would get real old after the 3rd time. I just don't get it.
i agree any cutscene would get old, which is why they should use real time cut-aways, something different every time.
Also, if it was interesting, maybe those button pressers would hang around to see whats up.

# 45 jkra0512 @ 02/28/12 08:55 AM
You know for all the talk about bad pre-game presentation, the ideas some of you are coming up with are just as boring as the intro that's in there now. I don't want to change anything just for the sake of changing it or because it's something new. What's so cool about watching a fielder take ground balls compared to a few players talking during the pre-game? To me, that's just as lame...

# 46 econoodle @ 02/28/12 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
You know for all the talk about bad pre-game presentation, the ideas some of you are coming up with are just as boring as the intro that's in there now. I don't want to change anything just for the sake of changing it or because it's something new. What's so cool about watching a fielder take ground balls compared to a few players talking during the pre-game? To me, that's just as lame...

Jkra, i can understand what u mean, but its not so much just the scene showing, but with a good commentary or overlay going on with it, it ties together nicely and makes it fun.
when u see that stuff on fox or espn, do u say, man this is lame?
no because its dynamic and its getting u kind of primed for the game.
if thy were saying somethying about the upcoming game with an overlay that was relevant and u was helpful or important to the game, you wouldnt care if a guy was taking a grounder.
besides its all part of an immersive presentation package.
nothing wrong with having that, right?
the Show intro drags in molasses.

# 47 Sco291 @ 02/28/12 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

Even the way 2K Baseball does it is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZgu...eature=related
Ugh...hearing the commentary in that clip...just wow.

But i think The Show's pre-game presentation is fine. I mean honestly, how many of us skip over it anyway for the most part? It's good enough for me!

# 48 Knight165 @ 02/28/12 10:36 AM
MLB Baseball has intros?
Yawn.

I'm usually getting my sandwich prepared and glass of water until first pitch.

M.K.
Knight165

# 49 tordevil @ 02/28/12 10:51 AM
That first video in the rain looks great! I really hope to see more of it in franchise mode this year.

# 50 reyes the roof @ 02/28/12 11:37 AM
I love the Mets road uniform with the blue hat and blue undershirt, last year the undershirt would always be black for the gray jersey

# 51 prot22 @ 02/28/12 12:28 PM
Already noticed two problems with uniform numbers. Nats Espinosa will wear #8 this year, but the game still has it retired as Gary Carter's number from the Expos. So they have him as #9. Probably cannot correct this like last year. Also Marlins Logan Morrison will wear #5 which the Marlins had retired and then un-retired so he could wear it this year. Unfortunately the game still considers it retired. Hope they can patch these two and #30 on the nationals as well to reopen the numbers for availability. Sorry I'm a roster nerd.

# 52 thaSLAB @ 02/28/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prot22
Already noticed two problems with uniform numbers. Nats Espinosa will wear #8 this year, but the game still has it retired as Gary Carter's number from the Expos. So they have him as #9. Probably cannot correct this like last year. Also Marlins Logan Morrison will wear #5 which the Marlins had retired and then un-retired so he could wear it this year. Unfortunately the game still considers it retired. Hope they can patch these two and #30 on the nationals as well to reopen the numbers for availability. Sorry I'm a roster nerd.
Here you go ▼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
This has been addressed. You'll be able to edit Morrison's number to 5 on the Marlins as well as 8, 10 and 30 for the players on the Nats.

# 53 Cavicchi @ 02/28/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Here you go ▼
Do you have any info on correcting that Gold Glove error for Ellis that should be for Kershaw?

# 54 econoodle @ 02/28/12 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
MLB Baseball has intros?
Yawn.

I'm usually getting my sandwich prepared and glass of water until first pitch.

M.K.
Knight165

you cant be considered a hardcore baseball fan if all you watch baseball related is games first pitch to last out.

casual fan? yes of course.

People who watch pre and post game, MLB Network, listen to baseball talk shows on the radio.
theres your hardcore. the ones who lap up EVERYTHING baseball.
so, what the show does in that regard doesn't apply to you.
but there are some who love that stuff. tnixen being a perfect example.

people could say 'yawn' to those who 'play' MOM in the Show.
but thats your preference, boring to some, not to others. sony looks at all areas and improves them.

the changes wanted there are for them.
Just look at how revered NFL 2k5's presentation is to this day.
all u need to know.

# 55 Knight165 @ 02/28/12 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
you cant be considered a hardcore baseball fan if all you watch baseball related is games first pitch to last out.

casual fan? yes of course.

People who watch pre and post game, MLB Network, listen to baseball talk shows on the radio.
theres your hardcore. the ones who lap up EVERYTHING baseball.
so, what the show does in that regard doesn't apply to you.
but there are some who love that stuff. tnixen being a perfect example.

people could say 'yawn' to those who 'play' MOM in the Show.
but thats your preference, boring to some, not to others. sony looks at all areas and improves them.

the changes wanted there are for them.
Just look at how revered NFL 2k5's presentation is to this day.
all u need to know.
Riiiiight....
:s pit:

Please stop. You're making yourself look very foolish.

Casual fan...me?
That's hysterical.

But of course when you are doing yourself...what you are blaming me(and others) of doing.....projecting what's important to YOU on everyone else....that's what's going to happen.

Throw your bait in the water somewhere else....not at me.

M.K.
Knight165

# 56 Skyboxer @ 02/28/12 01:07 PM
I hate Bermuda....
Love the vids though.

# 57 thaSLAB @ 02/28/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp121272
Do you have any info on correcting that Gold Glove error for Ellis that should be for Kershaw?
No I don't, but I'm sure they're aware of it now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 58 jkra0512 @ 02/28/12 02:31 PM
Quote:
Jkra, i can understand what u mean, but its not so much just the scene showing, but with a good commentary or overlay going on with it, it ties together nicely and makes it fun.
when u see that stuff on fox or espn, do u say, man this is lame?
no because its dynamic and its getting u kind of primed for the game.
if thy were saying somethying about the upcoming game with an overlay that was relevant and u was helpful or important to the game, you wouldnt care if a guy was taking a grounder.
besides its all part of an immersive presentation package.
nothing wrong with having that, right?
the Show intro drags in molasses.
I don't say it's lame, but I certainly don't say "HOLY CRAP THAT'S SO COOL THAT NEEDS TO BE IN THE SHOW!!!!" either. I would like to see few overlays with some stats, maybe I player to watch and his stats, but I usually just cycle through that to get the the meat and potatoes. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Also, before you say anything, yes, I am a hardcore fan...

# 59 econoodle @ 02/28/12 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I don't say it's lame, but I certainly don't say "HOLY CRAP THAT'S SO COOL THAT NEEDS TO BE IN THE SHOW!!!!" either. I would like to see few overlays with some stats, maybe I player to watch and his stats, but I usually just cycle through that to get the the meat and potatoes. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Also, before you say anything, yes, I am a hardcore fan...

sounds fair to me, jkra.

thats why the Show rocks, they cater to ALL fans.
fans of minute stadium details, tattoos, etc etc.
one mans trash is another mans gold rolex.
SCEA treats them all the same and tries to give something to everybody.

as far as hardcore, i only meant casual basball fans who only watch first pitch to last out and no post game or pregame, etc, etc. i didnt mean to relate them to people who don't like intros in a baseball game.

# 60 sbmnky @ 02/28/12 04:47 PM
Quote:
as far as hardcore, i only meant casual basball fans who only watch first pitch to last out and no post game or pregame, etc, etc. i didnt mean to relate them to people who don't like intros in a baseball game.
That's what make a "hardcore" baseball fan? Really? I disagree wholeheartedly - what about the people who attend the game? Are they casual fans, because I highly doubt they are watching pre and post game shows.

There are some dedicated baseball fans who enjoy the game within the game which has almost nothing to do with the over produced pre and post game analysis. I don't need someone in a studio to tell me what's important about a specific game - as a baseball fan, I'm going to know. In fact, I could make the argument that pre and post game analysis is for the casual fan [/rant]

Back on topic: I enjoy fastplay because I want to play the game (meat & potatoes as someone mentioned). I couldn't care less about player/lineup introductions except maybe for Opening Day, All-Star Game and World Series.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.