Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has updated their NCAA Football 13 website with a few tidbits of information. Details are shown below, along with release dates, when more information and details will be available.

Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds (More details released on April 2nd)
Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (More details released on April 17th)
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (More details released on May 28th)
There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (More details released on June 11th)
The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 johnnyg713 @ 03/14/12 12:18 AM
the new defensive "read and react" system needs a few things to really be successful in my opinion. First, there needs to be realistic foot planting and momentum. Second, there should be a "read and react" rating for every player to separate the smarter players from the rest.

# 142 geezmeister @ 03/14/12 12:42 AM
You have got some serious shoes to fill NCAA just read the boards. Your paying fans are telling you what they want. I don't want to play as Desmond Howard. I want better stay overlays, more uniforms, option for a tournament, the list is endless. and much, much, much better commentary. I love NCAA but please don't waste our time this year!

# 143 geezmeister @ 03/14/12 12:47 AM
Heisman mode...... Yeah!!!!!!!!

Freaking shoot me now..... News flash... The game modes we have now need tweaking. Who the hell even plays road to glory. And now we get another linear feature. Yawn fest. I expect to be amazed for my 60+bones I'm droppin for this. Cause we all know no matter how much whining we do we will still be in line. Damn you EA

# 144 Rancid Radio @ 03/14/12 12:57 AM
I'd be OK with Heisman Mode or whatever if everything else didn't need so much fixing/additions.

I want more stat overlays. I want to know mid-way through the 3rd quarter the game my QB has had without having to pause and check manually. Even better, how about some talk about the game my QB had last week whether he played good or bad? Dynasty mode needs so much more, nobody cares about Heisman Mode. Give us a College Gameday pre-show before a major game instead.

How about commentators that don't sound like they're watching golf? Same for the crowd. I gave up on this game when I ran in a TD to come within 1 as time expired, then went for the win instead of tie, got it and nobody cared. Announcers didn't talk about the play or finish and the crowd was dead. I haven't put it in my Xbox since then, that's unacceptable. College Football is built on madness.

I personally don't have much issues with the gameplay. Obviously some things could be better, but for the most part I'm happy with the gameplay. I just get so bored playing because of how boring the atmosphere is. They have a decent 30 second pre-game video and then it's crickets for the rest of the game. How about an around the nation halftime show?

I don't know. I never don't buy the game, but I was so upset with this year's version that I might just pass on this if I don't hear rave reviews about the presentation.

# 145 aerovt @ 03/14/12 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
the new defensive "read and react" system needs a few things to really be successful in my opinion. First, there needs to be realistic foot planting and momentum. Second, there should be a "read and react" rating for every player to separate the smarter players from the rest.
They have enough ratings. Most of them are meaningless. Just use the ones already there. Awareness or play recognition comes to mind. Part of their problem is they just keep adding ratings to players when ever they update something or add a new feature, so some ratings are obsolete and others are duplicates of another similar rating. I really dont think the programmers know what the exact effects of each of the ratings are TBH.

I do find it funny they have 'new entrances' as a main feature every year for going on 3-4 years. And every year you can watch all of them and be bored with them before the game ever comes out.

I really hope the new wr/qb dynamic is route based passing instead of that silly stuff we have now. Knowing EA though its probably just 2-3 more animations.

# 146 TarHeelPhenom @ 03/14/12 04:16 AM
Not getting my hopes up. Couple of questions:

1) What would a new passing system entail? Different throwing motions...added QB attributes for short,medium and long ball? Cone?

2) Scouting players in recruiting. Does that mean, you get to watch a high school football game? Or does it just mean you spend time/points scouting recruits and you get back letter grades? How in depth is the scouting report?

3) Enhanced commentary and in-studio analyst. Does this mean a halftime show running down scores form across the nation? Or just a recap of the 1st half of your game?

4) Heisman Challenge...who cares!!!

5) Pregame traditions...such as?

# 147 Leon Sandcastle @ 03/14/12 06:32 AM
Holy Schnikes! New commentary and new recruiting already makes a game a buy plus fixing passing animations my goodness if there is no bugs this game could be awesome...

# 148 BigDuke @ 03/14/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Only thing that worries me is with having 2 heisman winners on the cover and this new heisman game mode similar to nba 2k12, it makes me worry that they spent too much time on this mode. I would much rather them focus their resources on gameplay and dynasty because I feel like that is probably where 95% of peoples time is spent on these games.

EA already knows this is where most people spend their time. But rather than going all out on dynasty mode, they decide to add yet another useless game mode nobody asked for.

# 149 johnnyg713 @ 03/14/12 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
They have enough ratings. Most of them are meaningless. Just use the ones already there. Awareness or play recognition comes to mind. Part of their problem is they just keep adding ratings to players when ever they update something or add a new feature, so some ratings are obsolete and others are duplicates of another similar rating. I really dont think the programmers know what the exact effects of each of the ratings are TBH.

I do find it funny they have 'new entrances' as a main feature every year for going on 3-4 years. And every year you can watch all of them and be bored with them before the game ever comes out.

I really hope the new wr/qb dynamic is route based passing instead of that silly stuff we have now. Knowing EA though its probably just 2-3 more animations.
Not every player reads and reacts to the play the same way or at the same speed. Get rid of the other ratings and use new ones that make sense to how the game plays now.

# 150 SoulAssassin @ 03/14/12 09:56 AM
April 17th is going to be an important hype day for '13.

At least for me.

# 151 Pezell04x @ 03/14/12 11:17 AM
Everything sounds good, but it always sounds good in March.

# 152 edaddy @ 03/14/12 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the read and react has me intrigued, without a physics overhaul i dont see how it can work but april 17th will be a big day for my wallet....

they tried locomotion and we still see the warping and skipping so its going to be a big day for me to see how they are going to fix these issues.

no head tracking= fail

cant wait....
That's what's puzzling me as well..Wasn't the whole locomotion/head tracking/procedural awareness billed as read and react?.. How could there be much of a difference in such a short developmental timeframe?..While I would love this read and react feature to be featured I can't see it being a major overhaul..I would much rather just see better wr-db interaction along with some realistic PI animation penalties based on ratings..that actually would go a long way in starting the process of improving gameplay IMO..I also am personally wishing that new camera angles are implemented ..don't know we shall see!!

# 153 BenGerman @ 03/14/12 11:29 AM
I, like others, had minimal issues with the gameplay. Is it great? Not at all. Playable, yes. The atmosphere is a completely different story. Is it great? Not at all. Playable? Not at all. Heres why.

Crowd Noise: Holy cow is it bad. I'm not sure why other games have similar issues with crowd noise (WWE, The Show to some extent). It goes completely dead half of the game. Half of the game, there is no crowd noise. How is this possible?

I'll go pay in Wyoming's stadium and it feels no different than playing in The Swamp. This cannot possibly happen next year. They need crowd noise differential, and not just 2 or 3 different levels. I can't imagine it being that hard to get about 10 different tiers of crowd noise (for peak loudness). For a place like The Swamp, it should experience all 10 of these tiers at different times in the game.

Sidelines: It is killer to look at the sidelines during a game. There needs to be life over there. Coaches roaming the sideline, camera men everywhere, and players that don't jump up and down like idiots. I don't want to hear anything about how this is impossible, because I just played a video game where in the same 10 seconds I saw a guy chop wood, a lady cooking food, an old man begging for food, and kids playing tag all over the place. Or how I was playing College Hoops 2k8 (a game thats four years old mind you) and saw the coaches roaming the floor, players acting appropriately, and fans actually making noise. No excuses this year EA.

Overall Atmosphere: You know how you'll put in The Show, FIFA or NBA 2K12, and within seconds you'll see something out of the crowd that you'd see in real life? A vender selling popcorn in the stands, someone giving updates over the PA system, or talking about how tickets are still available for future games. NCAA has none of this. Zero. I'm not sure why this is the case, but fans can't be cardboard clipouts, and they need life. How about a wave every now and then?

# 154 Cardot @ 03/14/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I think that sports games in general have become way overly complex with too many algorithms running on top of each other, magnifying and contradicting each other, and the results are simply screwy. I think an awareness is a good one...but how does that interact with confidence, composure, the awareness slider, homefield advantage and probably another 50 things that we could theoretically tie to awareness?

# 155 pirates946 @ 03/14/12 12:57 PM
Gametrack better work 100% of the time instead of about 3% like it does for me

# 156 sparkdawg777 @ 03/14/12 01:34 PM
I'm really hoping they work hard on the presentation (right behind gameplay of course). It is really disappointing that they are the only video game with an actual TV license, yet they aren't anywhere near the top. I'm getting sick and tired of the unrealistic replay views that are only used to show off the 3D grass and lighting. Some people may think it's cool, I don't know but I really don't like it because it takes away the realism, maybe 30 years from now we'll have cameras that can run on the ground but not today. The Show this year has done a great job with replays and cutscenes being mirror images of what you see on TV. I haven't played NBA 2k12 but from what I've seen its presentation is spot on as well.

EDIT: My main complaint here is on replays because when I bust a big run with my RB the camera is zoomed too much and circles around him and I can't even see what defenders he makes miss or what yard line he is even on.

# 157 mercalnd @ 03/14/12 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
They did not address the main issues I have:

1. no more disconnects in online dynasty play (or at least have an ingame save)
2. no more transfer fails
3. tendancy issue fixed
4. fix the custom playbooks
While these are all legitimate issues, no company will ever make their PR about bug fixes.

# 158 aerovt @ 03/14/12 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
EDIT: My main complaint here is on replays because when I bust a big run with my RB the camera is zoomed too much and circles around him and I can't even see what defenders he makes miss or what yard line he is even on.
A bit off topic, but you know there is a zoom out button, right? Triangle on PS3 I believe. I think that would be "Y" on the 360?

I am going to assume the new version will have all the old bugs fixed. When you think about it, most of the bugs in '12 were in brought back features that werent in '11. Not a good sign for the new features this year, but means most of the old ones should be fixed (though I bet option plays will still be broken for year #3)

# 159 DorianDonP @ 03/14/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
A bit off topic, but you know there is a zoom out button, right? Triangle on PS3 I believe. I think that would be "Y" on the 360?
He is talking about the in-game replays not the user controlled replays during the pause menu.

And he is right. Those replays suck. NBA12 has spot on TV style replays and highlight reels.

# 160 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/14/12 03:27 PM
One more thing......I hope they make the ratings more realistic for the player position and weight. Some examples of stuff I SHOULDN"T see:

Quote:
Defensive ends with 88 speed........

300 pound defensive tackles with 78 jump......

190 pound RB with 90 truck.......

190 defensive back with 82 strength.

225 pound RB with 66 strength.

Defensive lineman with 88 spin, 82 juke and 79 elusiveness......WTF ?

Power backs with 68 stiff arm, 76 Truck.
With that out of the way.....please make the Route Running rating actually MEAN SOMETHING other then determine if a guy slips during rain and snow games. I mean who came up with that dumb idea anyway ? You got a rating for SLIPPING ONLY ? SMH at that BS. Make that rating determine you know actual route running ability.

Same thing with the elusiveness rating.......It should make a player more shifty and harder to bring down.

So I hope they did a ratings over haul as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.