Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (Fast forward to roughly 12:55)
  • No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball
  • 25 different pass trajectory zones (Drop it over LB's, lead your receiver using left stick)
  • 20+ new dropbacks, including new screen play dropbacks
  • New rollout passing animations, will still be difficult to complete passes throwing against your body, as you will not have enough arm strength
  • Icons are dimmed out, until they are actually "ready" to make a catch
  • Available in stores July 10th

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 TripleCrown9 @ 04/13/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_JP_VHS_xX
I'm tired of that same ole damn scoreboard on the bottom, update that shiz.
Tell that to ESPN.

# 142 Blackout863 @ 04/13/12 02:54 PM
Not getting excited. I wont be until i have the game in my hands. Going in with super low expectations and that way i wont be bummed out if i dont get it. Not trying to start any mess but ive just been let down by this hype train that is finally smokin its way down the tracks. I like some stuff and it looks improved but a few clips doesnt change the fact that NCAA is that girl that always disappoints you but you keep going back because she is better looking than any of your other options

# 143 NINJAK2 @ 04/13/12 02:56 PM
Fool me once....Shame on you. Fool me twice...Shame on me. Fool me another 3 times..I'm an idiot..Done being an idiot..
No more first day buy from me NCAA. Your words mean nothing. Show it on the field. I'm gonna let GotMad and others break this game down first before putting down cash.

# 144 darknmild @ 04/13/12 03:00 PM
i used to love this sight i still do but not as much..... everything you guys dont like is well documented . we dont need to read 100,00 f'n times. you're not buying the game fine. dont buy it.... you dont like the animations thats cool too. but to bitch everytime something is said about the game is annoying as hell. sound like bunch of unhappy bitter *** people...... you dont like the game we get it.... its crappy to you dont buy it its that simple. but some people are not that anal retentive and some people do like the game and they cant say they like the game cause as soon as someone says something postive here comes the bitter patrol with the 10 negative comments, not one game you have ever played is perfect. what do you geniuses expect a complete overhaul over some months.... you are pissing yourselves off silly m****f****as. you have been *itching about pass trajectory for years now you have 25 different pass trajectories instead appreciating that you find something else to *itch about. accept the fact that is the same engine animations are not going to change until next gen.... thats not up to par for you dont buy the freakin game but please please please stop with the *itch*ssness we have read all your negative *ss comments. To everyone i apologize for this post but i get so tired of reading the negative *hit when we really dont know what has been done or hasnt been done in the game. if i was younger maybe these things would bother me more but now that im older other things in life are far more important. you guys suck the fun out of the game for people who actually might enjoy it. do us a favor and start a website called www.allwewannadoisbitch.com.... sorry Steve N. my apologies.

# 145 Watson @ 04/13/12 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_JP_VHS_xX
I'm tired of that same ole damn scoreboard on the bottom, update that shiz.

# 146 DorianDonP @ 04/13/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Tell that to ESPN.
FWIW, it still could be updated.

# 147 ultralow36 @ 04/13/12 03:06 PM
good old OS over reaction never fails....

# 148 chen_sc @ 04/13/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
FWIW, it still could be updated.

I think it's a "work in progress" video...

# 149 NINJAK2 @ 04/13/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
i used to love this sight i still do but not as much..... everything you guys dont like is well documented . we dont need to read 100,00 f'n times. you're not buying the game fine. dont buy it.... you dont like the animations thats cool too. but to bitch everytime something is said about the game is annoying as hell. sound like bunch of unhappy bitter *** people...... you dont like the game we get it.... its crappy to you dont buy it its that simple. but some people are not that anal retentive and some people do like the game and they cant say they like the game cause as soon as someone says something postive here comes the bitter patrol with the 10 negative comments, not one game you have ever played is perfect. what do you geniuses expect a complete overhaul over some months.... you are pissing yourselves off silly m****f****as. you have been *itching about pass trajectory for years now you have 25 different pass trajectories instead appreciating that you find something else to *itch about. accept the fact that is the same engine animations are not going to change until next gen.... thats not up to par for you dont buy the freakin game but please please please stop with the *itch*ssness we have read all your negative *ss comments. To everyone i apologize for this post but i get so tired of reading the negative *hit when we really dont know what has been done or hasnt been done in the game. if i was younger maybe these things would bother me more but now that im older other things in life are far more important. you guys suck the fun out of the game for people who actually might enjoy it. do us a favor and start a website called www.allwewannadoisbitch.com.... sorry Steve N. my apologies.
Sorry you feel that way dark. My apologies for not being impressed by more promises. Myself and others will make sure to only post positive remarks on these titles so we don't offend those who like X game. The point you are failing to grasp is that most people who complain have PAID for and PLAYED various versions of this title. Believe it or not we actually want the game to be the best it can be to justify buying it. NO ONE expects perfection man, these games are made by humans so that is impossible. If you can't deal with this kind of criticism/apprehension based on past efforts you may want to cut your stay short here at OS.

# 150 DorianDonP @ 04/13/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
I think it's a "work in progress" video...
That's a fair point.

Was just pointing out that it's still possible for the team to keep up with the current ESPN graphic. ESPN has been using it for awhile now. My hope is that as long as EA has the license, they will always be keeping up with what ESPN is doing presentation wise.

Not a gamebreaker by any means though.

# 151 Scrapps @ 04/13/12 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
good old OS over reaction never fails....
Overraction to what, exactly? Has the community not been disappointed time and time again, by this game? In the past, EA has shown the ability to screw up water. It sounds all well and good in writing. However, the transition to the playing field is a totally different animal. We had locomotion jammed down our throat, only to see 320 pound defensive tackles, turn on a dime like Gale Sayers. Time will tell. And those that are skeptical (myself included), have more than enough reason to be.

# 152 darknmild @ 04/13/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Sorry you feel that way dark. My apologies for not being impressed by more promises. We and others will make sure to only post positive remarks on these titles so we don't offend those who like X game. The point you are failing to grasp is that most people who complain have PAID for and PLAYED various versions of this title. Believe it or not we actually want the game to be the best it can be to justify buying it. NO ONE expects perfection man, these games are made by humans so that is impossible. If you can't deal with this kind of criticism/apprehension based on past efforts you may want to cut your stay short here at OS.
bro i have played this game since i was called Steve Walsh Football... when Florida St was referred to as Tallahasee.... I know the issues of the game but constantly complaining and complaining and complaining is not healthy for anyone. If wanna complain about something do it but dont keep kicking a dead horse. and believe im not going anywhere..... it was criticism the first 50 times...... now its just bitching

# 153 darknmild @ 04/13/12 03:24 PM
let me say this if i was so tired of EA as you guys claim to be i wouldnt even waste my 40 wpm. its that simple.

# 154 Pokes404 @ 04/13/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
let me say this if i was so tired of EA as you guys claim to be i wouldnt even waste my 40 wpm. its that simple.
We're college football fans and gamers. EA is the only company that can produce a college football game. We're not going anywhere. It's that simple.

# 155 NINJAK2 @ 04/13/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
bro i have played this game since i was called Steve Walsh Football... when Florida St was referred to as Tallahasee.... I know the issues of the game but constantly complaining and complaining and complaining is not healthy for anyone. If wanna complain about something do it but dont keep kicking a dead horse. and believe im not going anywhere..... it was criticism the first 50 times...... now its just bitching
That was my first post in this thread of nearly 20 pages dark and I didn't bother to read the previous pages of complaints. I was posting my opinion on the preview which is the point of this thread. I'm done on this topic. Hope NCAA gets the job done

# 156 darknmild @ 04/13/12 03:33 PM
@NINJAK I hope they get the job done too. so we can we all have an enjoyable football game.

# 157 NINJAK2 @ 04/13/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
What?? that could be bad
I actually like that idea on paper. No psychic db's and no wr's automatically adjusting and making catches without seeing the ball will make the game more balanced in theory for both sides..

# 158 gogators @ 04/13/12 04:03 PM
The video also has old Florida players so there is still some stuff from '12 they are using. Brantley is still QB throwing a pass to Rainey so the roster part is not updated. Most of it is just to show what they fixed and the difference b/t psychic DBs from 12 to '13.

# 159 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 04/13/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I actually like that idea on paper. No psychic db's and no wr's automatically adjusting and making catches without seeing the ball will make the game more balanced in theory for both sides..
That's the key. It's looking good in theory right now.

I'm sure they will fix psychic DB's, amazingly jumping Linebackers ... but it will likely open the flood gates for more issues.

Get rid of the blue tint and i'm pretty happy thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
The video also has old Florida players so there is still some stuff from '12 they are using. Brantley is still QB throwing a pass to Rainey so the roster part is not updated. Most of it is just to show what they fixed and the difference b/t psychic DBs from 12 to '13.
Yeah all of the screens are old players as well. Kirk Cousins was in the shot of Michigan State.

Not really sure when they edit their rosters ... but makes me wonder why they don't have certain late transfers like Danny O'Brien.

# 160 H to the Oza @ 04/13/12 04:04 PM
Not impressed. Slap a graphic/roster update on 2K5 and it blows anything EA has done in the last few years out of the water

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.