Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

April 16, 2012 – Today, EA SPORTS announced former Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders (RB, Oklahoma State University), has been selected by fans to join the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III (QB, Baylor University), on the cover of NCAA Football 13, which hits retail shelves on July 10. Sanders was selected by fans as part of the NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote contest, which put the power into the hands of the fans to decide which college football legend would join Robert Griffin III on the cover of this year’s game.

The NCAA Football 13 My Heisman Cover Vote contest kicked off on March 12, with a competitive bracket-style tournament on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page, pitting eight former Heisman Trophy winners in head-to-head matchups. During the three week-long tournament, fans had the power to choose which player would advance to the next round and get one step closer to gracing the cover alongside Robert Griffin III. Sanders pulled ahead of former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker in the final round to earn the coveted honor of becoming the NCAA Football 13 cover athlete. Other former Heisman Trophy winners in contention included former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BraveHeart @ 04/16/12 04:37 PM
I don't like the cover at all despite being a fan of both players.

# 22 coogrfan @ 04/16/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Go Big Twelve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Hipsters liked it better when it was the Big 8.

Shoulda been the Big XVI. Thanks, Texas.

# 23 Tengo Juego @ 04/16/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
You think so? Im glad they moved away from a one man cover for at least a year... I like it
Both players are awesome and deserving. The design, effects, and theme all clash. And RGIII just looks weird in that pose.

# 24 pirates946 @ 04/16/12 06:08 PM
The cover couldve been better, but I like it still. I saw a guy on facebook say "Is it sad Im only going to buy the game this year because Barry is on the cover." Looks like EA accomplished its goal by doing this. I think Heisman mode will start to grow on people when they realize they can actual play as the old winners. I wanna play as Barry Sanders so bad.

# 25 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/16/12 06:12 PM
Congrats to Barry Sanders getting on the over with RG3 this year. Cover looks cool.

# 26 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/16/12 06:47 PM
Would have preferred a better cover photo shot of RGIII for the cover, in my opinion. Also, without the nike logos it diminishes some flare. Unfortunately, I'm looking forward to the same disappointment tomorrow with regards to gameplay...SMH.

# 27 nivek64 @ 04/16/12 07:01 PM
I would have preferred Doug Flutie in keeping the old school-new school QB theme. But hey, it's Barry Sanders! Gotta love the dual player cover, no matter what!

# 28 Watson @ 04/16/12 07:05 PM
Hell Yea! Easily the right choice

# 29 Watson @ 04/16/12 07:07 PM
Also, look to the right of the EA logo circle. That's a Nike Swoosh alright. Not that it matters

# 30 TDenverFan @ 04/16/12 07:36 PM
I like the cover. Not too much, nor too little, going on.

# 31 TheRegan @ 04/16/12 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Hipsters liked it better when it was the Big 8.

Real hipsters liked it when it was the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association

# 32 kingsofthevalley @ 04/16/12 08:00 PM
They absolutely have to be doing something with the player movement this year if they're touting utilizing the skill sets of the likes of Barry Sanders.

# 33 DIRRTY30 @ 04/16/12 08:15 PM
RG3's pic looks like it was taken in a studio (which technically it was), instead of a game shot, which is what they normally look like. Overall, I don't like the cover. But considering I will only look at the cover for maybe a total of 10 seconds, I don't care. Also, if they took the logos off because of his deal with Adidas, that doesn't really make a lot of sense. Baylor's unis are made by Nike, and he is wearing a Baylor uniform, not a Robert Griffin III uniform. Not only that, but what is Adidas going to do about it on every Sunday when he's wearing an NFL jersey made by Nike with the Nike logo on it?

# 34 drk3351 @ 04/16/12 08:27 PM
RG3's pose just looks unnatural. i dont like it at all

# 35 HoundsOfHowl @ 04/16/12 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Also, look to the right of the EA logo circle. That's a Nike Swoosh alright. Not that it matters
Guess that's a predecessor of whats to come....That EA misses the little things? Just maybe a thought of mine. But yea kinda funny they missed that.

# 36 TrapStar215 @ 04/16/12 09:18 PM
Hands down the worst cover ever! They should hire me, I can do better for half the pay.

# 37 drk3351 @ 04/16/12 09:33 PM
terrible photoshop, rg3 has a huge head. you can see it better here

# 38 TrapStar215 @ 04/16/12 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm curious as to what people expect from a cover? This looks like a pretty standard cover. Yes some of the people that do custom covers do a better job but so do the people that do the rosters. In the end it's just a cover, something that you'll maybe look at for 10 seconds and then 2 more seconds anytime you need to take the game out of the box or put it back in.
I can't speak for anyone else. But the reason I'm so judgmental about the covers is because the guys that EA hires to make these are college graduate Computer Graphics or some sort of Art Design Major. So they do stuff like this for a living. I make these when I'm bored and can do produce a better looking cover in 20 minutes than this. lol

# 39 Sparkles @ 04/16/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk3351
terrible photoshop, rg3 has a huge head. you can see it better here
lmao it looks like a bobble head

# 40 Fredonia @ 04/16/12 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
lmao it looks like a bobble head
You mean his head really isn't that big?

Honestly, it looks too busy to me. Great concept, but the execution is a little... I don't know, something just seems...off about it, I don't know. I'm not gonna look at it very much, anyway, so what does it matter?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.