Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Illustrator76 @ 05/03/12 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
thanks for those stats man - im diving into them now.

why do you want more penalties is it for the sake of realism or is it bc you feel as though you are getting a unfair advatange when playing the game nad not getting the calls

or is it both?
For me it is both. I simply couldn't imagine playing an NBA game without fouls being called. It just ruins the realism and immersion of the entire game.

# 122 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
For me it is both. I simply couldn't imagine playing an NBA game without fouls being called. It just ruins the realism and immersion of the entire game.
makes sense.

i guess when im playign i just dont see many instances where i think BAHHHHHHHH that was PI how do you not callll that!!!!!!!!! i guess i just deal with whats before me and live to fight another day.

that might be my inherent flaw with how i look at the game.

# 123 Illustrator76 @ 05/03/12 02:02 PM
To take this stuff even further, I have been saying for years that Madden needs to have a "commits penalties" rating for each and every player on the field. This would make playing with each team & player much more realistic, and the rating would make you focus more on what players you choose to build your team around. Said players could have high potential, but also cost you at key points in the game by committing stupid penalties because of their high "commits penalty rating". The only problem though, is that this would in turn screw my Detroit Lions, because we have Gosder "Starts Playing Hard AFTER The Whistle" Cherilus and Steven "The Penalty Machine" Peterman anchoring the right side of our Offensive Line. I'd cut both of those guys reeeeeeal quick

# 124 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
We have been discussing defensive PI and illegal contact for the most part, both of which are not represented properly in Madden. Your entire premise behind this being no big deal is because it doesn't cause wins or a losses, in Madden. However, as Rgiles stated, that is an issue that something as bedrock to the NFL as defensive PI and illegal contact is not only lacking in Madden but that the tourney scene doesn't see intentionally taking advantage of that fact, as exploiting the program.

Madden is INTENDED to simulate NFL football, not to create it's on unique brand of football. So just because Madden has not been programmed to properly regulate all the applicable parameters of NFL football does not change what those NFL parameters are.

You or anybody else can choose to regulate Madden competition based on whatever rule set you like but if that means considering things like intentionally impeding a receivers route, zig-zagging through traffic and User controlling players utilizing sprint in an unrealistic manner, not a problem, that certainly is not even attempting to simulate NFL football, ie play "sim".
there is a ton of stuff that we all do that isnt nfl like. unless you play 15 min games every single game with no ACC clock and call the correct amount of run vs pass for your specific team - and run the exact plays that you see on sundays then i could take that nfl like card to the next level.

we all buy the game, we all spend $60 on the game to play it how we want to play it. we all have to respect each other to that point.

nothing I do gives me a unfair advantage in the game that cant be stopped or guarded against.

yes i will user catch, yes I click on defense and make plays defensively. but to be told that the way I play the game and enjoy the game is the problem at hand just isnt right.

i love this game, i have always loved this game, and I want this game to continue to improve. The things you mention I dont see them being a problem with the game. thats a big difference in how we view things. but again what are your stats when you play the game? do you play 15 min qtrs? do you only play on sundays? do you play online? you can take taht arugment as far as you want in terms of realism.

at the end of the day lets just respect each other and work together to make a the game better and more realistic each season.

# 125 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
To take this stuff even further, I have been saying for years that Madden needs to have a "commits penalties" rating for each and every player on the field. This would make playing with each team & player much more realistic, and the rating would make you focus more on what players you choose to build your team around. Said players could have high potential, but also cost you at key points in the game by committing a stupid penalties because of their high "commits penalty rating". The only problem though, is that this would in turn screw my Detroit Lions, because we have Gosder "Starts Playing Hard AFTER The Whistle" Cherilus and Steven "The Penalty Machine" Peterman anchoring the right side of my Offensive Line. I'd cut both of those guys reeeeeeal quick
i like this a lot - one i would want to see for offensive linemen is "snap rating". because right now im not so sure what the bad snaps are tied to. but i feel like when i play with rodgers i dont see as many as opposed to a lesser overall QB

# 126 BlackBetty15 @ 05/03/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
thanks for those stats man - im diving into them now.

why do you want more penalties is it for the sake of realism or is it bc you feel as though you are getting a unfair advatange when playing the game nad not getting the calls

or is it both?
Yea, in a lot of ways its kinda boring. It's like a monotenous dance with no story...how ma.y times do we see a very talented team go down because they didn't execute that given day. The story of day is usually the way a team can execute and the dicipline not to commit penalties. Imagine if FIFA didn't have the offsides rule, or nhl didn't have qb offsides or icing penalty.. what kind of game would that be? Or what if the roughing penalty was taken off of both sports...there would be no caution or strategy just a bunch of dudes laying the wood left and right with no gameplan. I can literally manually slow and bump a reciever off his route with no consequences whatsoever.. and vice versa as sometimes I throw my arms in the air in utter disbelief when the CPU does it with no call...I especially would love to see intentional grounding, defensive holding, and illegal blocks. With the new db/wr interaction I have seen, EA devs should be able to tune PI better...its a matter of making a db do the animation sooner so the penalty is called. Or also they could randomly trigger the db jam animation later in the the wr route to engage the defensive holding. I mean SOMETHING to add to the realism and drama that is football. When was the last time you ever sweated the CPU blocking a FG or punt too? That's another discussion but the lack of the penalty sliders working is very frustrating and in my opinion it takes away from the "story" of the game the dev team is trying to create. It's just plain backyard football as it is now with no real drama and strategy needed. I hate using it over and over again, but picture the Miami vs buckeye game in the NC way back...Miami stopped Ohio states pass in the end zone to give them the title, but WAIT...PI was called bringing them a whole new set of downs and closer! Now its real pickers time and drama because of either a bad call or whatever...I NEVER get that in ncaa or madden unless I do something to the game that's so over the top I get frustrated anyways.

# 127 BlackBetty15 @ 05/03/12 02:57 PM
Bottom line is the game has the NFL shield on it yet the devs pick and chose what parts of the game it wants in and what part it doesn't. That's kinda agonizing for a sin player like me who always says, "yea, game is ok but maybe next year they will add penalties and ect..." It's mindblowing that people want mullets over the actual game of football (which yes people, penalties are a very important deal in football...ALL OF THEM) I just get bored when there is no drama and suspense...there are other things that go with this like CPU blocking fg and pints and such but man, just to have ALL the penalty sliders working would make this a day one buy IF they did that and all the cool guy stuff they are promoting actually works.

# 128 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
@Sgibs, I have repeatedly stated I respect your or anybody else's right to play the game however they see fit and I haven't intended to imply anything different.

That said, all that seems irrelevant to the point that we are discussing right now. How can you or anybody else claim to want to play Madden as NFL "sim" or realistic as possible while not reasonably enforcing or prioritizing applicable NFL rules like not intentionally attempting to impede a receivers progress and not making intentional contact after 5 yards without making a legal attempt for the football? If that's not allowed in the NFL how is allowing that in a Madden competition NFL "sim"?

Those things don't have to be programmed into Madden to be enforced and regulated in a NFL "sim" manner when competing.
i do want a nfl like game and overall madden is really good at representing that.

i dont see intentional attempts to impeder receivers that ruin my gameplay experiance. maybe it happens and i just shy my eye away from it or i just dont see it being something that effects really anything. i didnt even know it was a issue until recently.

now that im aware of it i see what your saying and yes i totally understand where you are coming from - still doesnt change that I havent really found it as a issue throughout the year.

# 129 AzureEffect @ 05/03/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Its people and stuff like this http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...st-you-do.html

That kill the hard work that these devs put into madden every year only to get killed by the masses of wannabe MC players who want to take short cuts on winning instead of enjoying and playing the game the way it should.

That very forum and thread is what makes my desire for a new madden much less than it ever was before the internets. First thing people wanna do is lab glitches and gimmicks and kill online play once again!
That post is so sad...I mean I understand that ppl can do what they want with their money but those are the type of ppl I would love to see eliminated every year, take more and more away from them or make them less successful.

"Practice Nanos" "See if last years glitch is still there" SMH

# 130 AzureEffect @ 05/03/12 04:22 PM
I mean if you want ADD or arcade Football; just play Blitz.

I understand the need to please a "tourney" crowd, "casual" NFL Fans, "kids" and "Sim" crowd from a business standpoint but its never encouraging to see a group of people just looking for exploits in programming as opposed to enjoying the game.

EA should just give everyone a lobby and just be straight up in the description about it. Also have ratings that are based on repetitive playcalling, 4th down attempts per game, run/pass ratio...etc that weeds out some of these type of players

"Simulation Lobby" for players who enjoy "Simulation aspects of Football"
"Glitchers Lobby" for players who like to exploit
"Tournament Lobby" for players who like to find money plays
"Casual lobby" for players just looking to play a Football video game

I'd much rather have those lobbies than "East Room" "West Room" or try the crapshoot that is Ranked play to where you may or may not get a legit game.

# 131 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEffect
I mean if you want ADD or arcade Football; just play Blitz.

I understand the need to please a "tourney" crowd, "casual" NFL Fans, "kids" and "Sim" crowd from a business standpoint but its never encouraging to see a group of people just looking for exploits in programming as opposed to enjoying the game.

EA should just give everyone a lobby and just be straight up in the description about it. Also have ratings that are based on repetitive playcalling, 4th down attempts per game, run/pass ratio...etc that weeds out some of these type of players

"Simulation Lobby" for players who enjoy "Simulation aspects of Football"
"Glitchers Lobby" for players who like to exploit
"Tournament Lobby" for players who like to find money plays
"Casual lobby" for players just looking to play a Football video game

I'd much rather have those lobbies than "East Room" "West Room" or try the crapshoot that is Ranked play to where you may or may not get a legit game.
i like that idea and could be pretty interesting to see.

but in terms of exploits, nanos, and money plays they just dont exist. (edit - there are things that might be exploits and need to be fixed for the next years game - but they still can be stopped in the current game by the defense making adjustments and vice versa - )

a lot of people might consider Gun Tight Flex WR Cross as a money play as it can be a lot of defenses based on hits routes.

Now against any stock defnese with no adjustments - yes it will be effective the majority of the time. For example the wheel route on the far left of this play will literally have the advantage against man to man coverage nearly every play as he breaks up field. Now if the defense switches to zone then this no longer becomes effective, the defense can also drop a purple zone into the same area if they are playing man to man defense and it will also stop this route.

Falcon Cross might be called a money play because its effective and can attacka lot of different defenses but i think a lot of the issues people experiance in this game are caused by a lack of adjustments.

nano's dont exist because you can use slide protection to pick up intended pressure. many times guys send 6 pass rushers after the QB and then i hear people complain about a nano. 6 against 5 is a overload and not a nano.

I think we talked about all this before lol - definlty with the sim sheriff haha

# 132 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
@Sgibs, I just don't understand your POV about reasonable realism. Something effecting whether or not you win or lose in Madden and it not be being enforced along reasonable NFL guidelines are two different things. There are a host of Madden "tactics" that I can win in spite of but that doesn't make them "no big deal" to me. Competitive rules for Madden shouldn't be tailored made to suit what certain people have an issue overcoming or not, they should just try to limit game play to being as reasonably NFL realistic as possible.

If someone is better at User INTs than everybody else, I don't want some rule created preventing User INTs just because people are losing to them. However, if the game allowed a User controlled defender to play 20 yards underneath receivers and still make super swats on passes intended for that receiver, I would want that prevented, regardless of the losses it was creating.
This doesnt happen in Madden 12. I find this as an exaggeration to what happens in the game. If you play up on the LOS you wont recover across the field to a deep bomb to a 1v1 receiver. In the past this was a issue - on current gen is what i recall.

Again, you seem to believe regulation and enforcement of Madden game play is about winning and losing, in Madden. I believe it is about reasonable adherence to applicable realistic NFL parameters.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. The fact of the matter is basing rules and enforcement for game play in Madden strictly on an opinion of how it effected the final outcome of the game, is not attempting to simulate NFL play but I respect anyone's right to do it.
what im saying is a lot of the things you are saying you have issues with - i just dont see them happening on a consistent basis to the point that it ruins the experience of the game.

I do not see players playing up on the LOS and recovering downfield on bombs.

I do not see players intentionally running into WRs to cause PI and not allowing receivers to catch the ball.

I do not see those above things consistent enough within the game for me to think its broken to the point that you are saying it is.

# 133 videlsports @ 05/03/12 05:50 PM
I have a wait and see approach.

# 134 Smoke6 @ 05/04/12 10:56 AM
Quote:
what im saying is a lot of the things you are saying you have issues with - i just dont see them happening on a consistent basis to the point that it ruins the experience of the game.

I do not see players playing up on the LOS and recovering downfield on bombs.

I do not see players intentionally running into WRs to cause PI and not allowing receivers to catch the ball.

I do not see those above things consistent enough within the game for me to think its broken to the point that you are saying it is.
Players online do this to me all the time, its that risk v reward that doesn't exist (risk) like it sbould. Especially with the caliber of players being used to demonstrate this tactic, its not like their Troy Ps on every team, I could sort of understand that but that's not the case.

I should be rewarded greatly when my opponent moves the NT off the los and plays safety or LB with them thinking I'm passing only to come thru the line untouched from the spot where be moved from.

I can't wait to get home and start recording sessions against randoms to show this off, its amazing you haven't seen this yet.

What do think/feel about people tackling with the strip button?

I ran track aswell and the is mo way you can maintain a full Sprint without pumping your arms and fist but in madden you can see these guys chasing you down as if they are ready to hack you with a machete. No way this should happen, at best it should be clickable and not just hold down the button, as it is now the weakest smallest player on the team can strip anyone at any time. That's not enjoyable at all.

# 135 Illustrator76 @ 05/04/12 11:09 AM
Quote:
Players online do this to me all the time, its that risk v reward that doesn't exist (risk) like it sbould. Especially with the caliber of players being used to demonstrate this tactic, its not like their Troy Ps on every team, I could sort of understand that but that's not the case.

I should be rewarded greatly when my opponent moves the NT off the los and plays safety or LB with them thinking I'm passing only to come thru the line untouched from the spot where be moved from.

I can't wait to get home and start recording sessions against randoms to show this off, its amazing you haven't seen this yet.

I ran track aswell and the is mo way you can maintain a full Sprint without pumping your arms and fist but in madden you can see these guys chasing you down as if they are ready to hack you with a machete. No way this should happen, at best it should be clickable and not just hold down the button, as it is now the weakest smallest player on the team can strip anyone at any time. That's not enjoyable at all.
I agree with Smoke6 on this sgibs7. It really is more present than what you may be seeing, and it it can be a huge issue sometimes. It's blatant PI, and you can even feel the controller rumble because of the illegal contact to your receiver.

@sgibs7 It could be that you aren't seeing this issue because you stated that you user catch almost everything, where as I (and some others) don't. Maybe that somehow counters what people are able to do with their corners. Either way, I don't mind someone usering their corner as long as: A) It is in a realistic manner where physics and foot planting limit the superhuman BS, and B) Users get flagged for PI every single time they bump into my WR and knock him off of his route. If cats want to go all Asante Samuel with their corners and gamble for picks, then that is fine, but they should also have to deal with the consequences of those actions when they do something illegal, which they currently don't have to in Madden.

# 136 sgibs7 @ 05/04/12 11:32 AM
Quote:

That would be great if you could get some footage on it - thanks man

hate it - one of the most frustrating things in this current game for me. It was my number one issue to be addressed moving into the game next season.

Totally get the "chicken wing" as I like to call it. I wish that you could hold down cover up and it would just not allow you to fumble (or at a very low %).

# 137 sgibs7 @ 05/04/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
I agree with Smoke6 on this sgibs7. It really is more present than what you may be seeing, and it it can be a huge issue sometimes. It's blatant PI, and you can even feel the controller rumble because of the illegal contact to your receiver.

@sgibs7 It could be that you aren't seeing this issue because you stated that you user catch almost everything, where as I (and some others) don't. Maybe that somehow counters what people are able to do with their corners. Either way, I don't mind someone usering their corner as long as: A) It is in a realistic manner where physics and foot planting limit the superhuman BS, and B) Users get flagged for PI every single time they bump into my WR and knock him off of his route. If cats want to go all Asante Samuel with their corners and gamble for picks, then that is fine, but they should also have to deal with the consequences of those actions when they do something illegal, which they currently don't have to in Madden.
i THINK you can make contact or face guard a receiver as long as you maintain your ground? could be wrong on this but I think you are probably 100% right that if you dont click on to the receiver and your opponent does - i could see it being a biggg time issue if they could literally accomplish it every single rip. Im making show 225 about this topic and i will try to attempt to do this

# 138 EmmdotFrisk @ 05/04/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
i like that idea and could be pretty interesting to see.

but in terms of exploits, nanos, and money plays they just dont exist. (edit - there are things that might be exploits and need to be fixed for the next years game - but they still can be stopped in the current game by the defense making adjustments and vice versa - )

a lot of people might consider Gun Tight Flex WR Cross as a money play as it can be a lot of defenses based on hits routes.

Now against any stock defnese with no adjustments - yes it will be effective the majority of the time. For example the wheel route on the far left of this play will literally have the advantage against man to man coverage nearly every play as he breaks up field. Now if the defense switches to zone then this no longer becomes effective, the defense can also drop a purple zone into the same area if they are playing man to man defense and it will also stop this route.

Falcon Cross might be called a money play because its effective and can attacka lot of different defenses but i think a lot of the issues people experiance in this game are caused by a lack of adjustments.

nano's dont exist because you can use slide protection to pick up intended pressure. many times guys send 6 pass rushers after the QB and then i hear people complain about a nano. 6 against 5 is a overload and not a nano.

I think we talked about all this before lol - definlty with the sim sheriff haha
haha, what an epic battle. I can't wait to see you Farls, Ryno, and Shaun battle royale for the "sim vs freestyle" debate.

# 139 sgibs7 @ 05/04/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
haha, what an epic battle. I can't wait to see you Farls, Ryno, and Shaun battle royale for the "sim vs freestyle" debate.
you know me man - i think there is only one type of madden player and that is a madden player.

we all want the game to be good but overall the entire community has way to many people hating on each other for really no reason.

one person hates another because they play differently and vice versa - might always stay that way but overall we all want the same thing.

a sound football game.

my favorite football game of all time... Tecmo Superbowl...why? because it was fun and while it lacked presentation and the glitz and glam it still was a chess match, you had the ability to have user contorl and interaction. point blank the game was fun. I enjoyed my time playing that game. Ya there loads of things wrong with it but it simulated football and was just awesome.

the epic battles I had with farls playing that game just cant be duplicated elsewhere. Madden does this for me now and really thats why I love the game is because of the entertainment and compeition it provides.

VivaLaMadden

# 140 BlackBetty15 @ 05/04/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
you know me man - i think there is only one type of madden player and that is a madden player.

we all want the game to be good but overall the entire community has way to many people hating on each other for really no reason.

one person hates another because they play differently and vice versa - might always stay that way but overall we all want the same thing.

a sound football game.

my favorite football game of all time... Tecmo Superbowl...why? because it was fun and while it lacked presentation and the glitz and glam it still was a chess match, you had the ability to have user contorl and interaction. point blank the game was fun. I enjoyed my time playing that game. Ya there loads of things wrong with it but it simulated football and was just awesome.

the epic battles I had with farls playing that game just cant be duplicated elsewhere. Madden does this for me now and really thats why I love the game is because of the entertainment and compeition it provides.

VivaLaMadden
Like I said, while there is some truth to your madden player "Oracle" line, the issue remains so much more simple than you would think. Sliders on game says this...I adjust sliders to my liking...said sliders does not work what so ever. This happens to four penalty sliders hence...its broken...completely.

2. There is punt and fg block...once in a blue moon I can block fg but punts never get close. Neither I or the CPU which is a no go. This is broken because the animation for the linger is rushed to get the ball off. He tales no steps forward...he catches and magically boots it...no muey caliente compadre.

Fix what's broken, and tune what's bad. Couple that with all the cool guy features and the majority of gamers have that much less to gripe about. I know I won't say another word other than high praises and endorsements to my friends to buy madden so I can finally play an honest game of football.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.