Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released the following dynasty blogs.

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Presentation

Quote:
In today’s ever-connected sports universe this scenario simply isn’t realistic, and we realized that for NCAA Football 13 we needed to change our weekly simulation logic so that it better reflected what we see in real life. The simulation process now evaluates games being played before and during the realistic time frame of a user’s game, and then begins to expose them in real time during the game. How are they exposed you ask? I’m very proud to announce the implementation of the ESPN Bottom Line ticker into this year’s game.

Utilizing the data that is received from the simulated games, the ticker will be keeping you up to date throughout your own game. That means should you be playing a 3:30 game, you will be receiving final scores from any of the 12:00 contests that are completed. Furthermore, the 3:30 games will be updating in real time as your game progresses, and you will even start seeing some early scores roll in from games that start even later in the day. The ticker will also give you a quick glimpse at upcoming games, complete with team logos and time of kickoff. What makes the ticker even cooler is that it reacts exactly like what you see on ESPN on game day. That means you’ll be seeing Priority Score Alerts--complete with the score changing dynamically on screen--Final Score Alerts, and Upset Alerts.

NCAA Football 13 Operation Dynasty Deep Dive

Quote:
Dynasty mode has received a major upgrade with the addition of recruit scouting. Yes, I did say scouting! Here's how it works: You can scout recruits weekly and during the off-season. During the off-season, you are allowed 20 hours to scout players that you are interested in. Each week during the season, you are allotted 5 hours of scouting time which you can spend on any recruits of your choice. Similar to recruiting in previous years, you can spend as much as 1 hour scouting each recruit or as little as 10 minutes.

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Improvements

Quote:
After scouting has revealed which players you want to recruit, the next step is to sell them on the ratings of your university using the Phone Call system. However, before I get into the changes made to the phone call, I’d like to discuss just how you can now improve these ratings with the new Dynamic Pitches feature.

Each school has 14 pitches which can be viewed on the My School screen in the Recruiting hub (Pictured above). These grades are utilized during the Phone Call, and in the past were practically static with only a slight chance of changing from year to year. However, they are now dynamic and can be directly influenced through various actions in Dynasty. I’ll be walking you through each of the pitches, detailing out how the pitch can be influenced, how often they will be updated.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Special27K @ 05/08/12 01:48 PM
It all just really seems lackluster. They certainly added things I like and see as improvements, but are they what I would call leaps and bounds ahead of '12. There's a month or so of time left for announcements, usually all of it is released by E3 right?

You can't ignore Coaching Carousel. It was practically a flop IMO for '12. It needs so much work, I don't think it was hardly what we envisioned what so ever. Coaches have zero impact on players or games. Its really just a presentation thing the way it works so we don't see the same names at the helm.

I have a terrible feeling about these "Mock Draft" things. I'm worried it'll be cluttered with just high OVR and BCS/SEC players or it'll be purely stat based and we'll see Texas Tech QB's as top 10 picks every year. There needs to be some sort of algorythm between the two and maybe physical attributes.

I think I expected so much more, I guess I might every year though

# 42 hustle55 @ 05/08/12 03:10 PM
I wish they added medical redshirts and made some improvements to CC!!!

But overall I am glad to see them making some improvements I just wish they would have did more!

# 43 splff3000 @ 05/08/12 03:50 PM
I totally despise the idea of having the exact ratings shown and showing whether a player is a bust or a gem before he's on the team. I do like that the recruit roulette is gone tho. Overall the "feature" are meh to me. I mean to me it looks like all they did was tweak the way recruiting works and added tickers and game breaks. Of course, I'm weak and I'm still gonna get the game, but I was hoping for a lil more.

One other thing, what's the over/ under on how many weeks before the game starts freezing because of the ticker/ game breaks? lol

# 44 woody56 @ 05/09/12 01:57 AM
Wondering if anyone knew if being able to edit players attributes is still in dynasty and if it is, were any features added to it, like being able to do players height/weight, class and maybe a global editor?

# 45 Herky @ 05/09/12 10:45 AM
I've been pretty down on NCAA but this sounds fantastic!

# 46 PLACT15 @ 05/09/12 11:48 AM
Do we have Decommitts yet? As a frequent Notre Dame user, this happens all the time... would make things more realistic

# 47 iromerliciousi @ 05/09/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
Do we have Decommitts yet? As a frequent Notre Dame user, this happens all the time... would make things more realistic
That would be a great addition, would also like to know the the percentage of early commitments to go into it deeper - there are numerous prospects that have their dream schools and wait on a certain school to offer then completely close off their recruiting. This shouldn't mean that their recruitment is over, you would still need to contact them throughout the week to keep tabs on them. If you fail to, this should lead to a decommitment. Pulling offers should also be in factor but at the cost of your integrity rating.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.