Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot showing off the new playable zoomed camera. Click the link for a higher resolution image.

Good? Bad? Needs tweaking?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SmittyD81 @ 05/30/12 09:10 AM
This view reminds me of BackBreaker, just not as close up. This is MOST DEFINITELY NEEDED. If they just zoom in a little closer and raise the view up an inch or two, it would be perfect. Like the ESPN field cam view to a degree.

# 62 josephid @ 05/30/12 09:48 AM
Why is the QB in the middle of screen. So much dead space behind or lower of him. Can EA please zoom in and out more. When the pass is released follow the ball closer to WR. When running zoom in, they take us further away from the game. My God who thought of the new kick off distance, it is a video game, not watching, playing.

Get rid of the side line angle when kicking off and go back to the way it was in 11.

# 63 Moegames @ 05/30/12 09:48 AM
The only thing i wish is if the camera was zoomed in a bit more.... a way to get a higher percentage of users satisfied is give three variations of this zoomed camera..the more options the better..i always say the more options a gamer has the more happy people you will have...not everyone will like how far back its zoomed i can clearly see that now...i think its pretty nice though so don't get me wrong..but i personally would like it a tad closer to the players. Again this is where giving us three variations of this camera would do it justice.

# 64 m-dogg @ 05/30/12 10:21 AM
I'd like to see a pic of what this camera looks like on defense. If it "reverses", so the defense is facing upfield at the offense I will love it. I usually play as one defender (MLB) and don't switch, so since they refuse to give us the NCAA player lock camera, this could work for me. I am so tired of playing defense facing down, it makes no sense to me as a sports fan.

and not to beat a dead horse, but I agree, its time for custom cams. isnt this the only sports title in existence that doesn't have customizable cameras? c'mon mayn!

# 65 tnixen @ 05/30/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot showing off the new playable zoomed camera. Click the link for a higher resolution image.

Good? Bad? Needs tweaking?

I really hope that's not he final scorebar they are going with.

the latest one created in this forum is a lot better!

# 66 therealsmallville @ 05/30/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Why is the QB in the middle of screen. So much dead space behind or lower of him. Can EA please zoom in and out more. When the pass is released follow the ball closer to WR. When running zoom in, they take us further away from the game. My God who thought of the new kick off distance, it is a video game, not watching, playing.

Get rid of the side line angle when kicking off and go back to the way it was in 11.
Prior to the kickoff, you can press RT and it switches back to "classic" view...

# 67 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I really hope that's not he final scorebar they are going with.

the latest one created in this forum is a lot better!
It's a big improvement over the original one, why don't you like it?

# 68 at23steelers @ 05/30/12 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's a big improvement over the original one, why don't you like it?

It's not bad. This one is just better. If I had to rate them:

1st attempt: 2 / 10
2nd attempt: 6 / 10
Our attempt: 9 / 10

# 69 BezO @ 05/30/12 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallace1975
...The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
Yeah, maybe have it zoom in a bit on running plays & out a bit on passing plays. Just a bit though.

But I like it. It's a God view, but closer to player eye level. It looks great.

# 70 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Well actually the one you referenced looks similar to the one in the screen shot, the only difference is the size of the font used. The person who created the scoreboard, used a different more bolder font which to be honest is the only thing that scoreboard needs to look exactly like the one you referenced.

I agree with everyone else on the screen shot, it needs to be a little closer.
The one that EA is using needs a possession indicator and I tweeted Mike Young about that yesterday.

# 71 RGiles36 @ 05/30/12 12:10 PM
For all intents and purposes, I'll likely stick w/ the default cam. But dang, this zoom cam is certainly intriguing.

Definitely have to see how it behaves during live-gameplay, but it looks good enough for me to give it a shot. I just have to see what sort of experience it gives you. For example, are you still able to detect when a WR gets behind a safety so you can hit him for a big play?

# 72 jeremym480 @ 05/30/12 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
For all intents and purposes, I'll likely stick w/ the default cam. But dang, this zoom cam is certainly intriguing.

Definitely have to see how it behaves during live-gameplay, but it looks good enough for me to give it a shot. I just have to see what sort of experience it gives you. For example, are you still able to detect when a WR gets behind a safety so you can hit him for a big play?
That's pretty much how I feel also. It seems that you will be able to gauge separation on crossing routes better, but I'm not sure about deep fly routes. I'll definitely give it a try.

# 73 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/30/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallace1975
The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
This is exactly what I've been thinking;thats why I've always thought that the guys should take the fisheye route.Non the less this will do until later

# 74 kevin23 @ 05/30/12 01:05 PM
Closer would be awesome. Imagine seeing the picture above and being able to move the right stick to see what's unable to be seen. I would be paying closer to attention on each play.

# 75 mestevo @ 05/30/12 01:37 PM
To me it's clearly meant to be a feature to allow for more immersion or an alternative way to play without handcuffing casual players in the process by reducing the amount of field you are seeing. We aren't quarterbacks, we don't have the instincts, we haven't gone through OTAs, etc... and are calling plays sometimes for the first time ever while playing a game rather than executing a gameplan we've spent all week or longer preparing for.

This is why I don't expect to see a first-person/too-far-in zoom camera unless it's something easy to do as part of putting in some new system that makes it simple to provide more options/customization.

Also, I think we could be missing out by not seeing this in motion. It's a zoom camera after all, not a 'Hello from the end zone behind you!'

# 76 bluestar @ 05/30/12 02:27 PM
It sounds good but who knows intill you play with it

# 77 rudyjuly2 @ 05/30/12 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skabatula
What about a setting that would chose the "best" camera for the type of offensive play that you pick? If you pick a running play, the view would be the Action camera. For pass plays, the Zoom camera. Use the Broadcast camera for goal line plays or 3rd/4th and inches. Play action plays could randomize between Zoom and Action, as to not give away the play.

Just an idea.

Maybe keep the camera the same for running and passing plays (Zoom or Action), but use the Broadcast for short yardage and special teams.

I would just like to see the Broadcast camera added when it wouldn't distract from game play.
The PS2 versions had that. You could use a custom camera or use zoom for run and a different camera for pass.

I still wish they would just steal the NCAA camera code and add it into Madden. Is it really that hard?

# 78 Only1LT @ 05/30/12 05:48 PM
To call it a Zoomed cam is a bit of a misnomer lol. It's not zoomed in at all really.

I love the fact that the camera is placed at field level though and is more of a 3rd Person cam.

If they zoomed it in much more, and allowed the right stick to control the viewing axis, then it would be perfect.

As it stands, by virtue of it being a field level cam, it's still much more preferable than the Standard cam, so I would definitely use this over any other. One small step as it were.

Now if they would just bring back user defined cameras...

# 79 bigeastbumrush @ 05/30/12 05:56 PM
I love it...when I'm on offense. I don't know how I would be able to play it on defense.

Seems like the offense would always have the advantage.

I do think the camera should be zoomed in a little more closer to the QB/line of scrimmage. It's just a bit too far.

But I like this as an option and definitely want to try it out.

# 80 Only1LT @ 05/30/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I really like the angle It looks cool, but when I read zoom camera angle Im expecting something very close to the players. This camera is way behind the QB. I understand it pans in and out, but that doesn't make it a zoomed angle IMO.

I was looking for something alot closer to the action. Something to really enjoy using when running the ball.

I will give it a shot for sure. I love trying all the angles, and I feel this angle will be fun.
I just wouldn't call this a zoomed camera. I feel the name is misleading.

This camera actually deserves a different name, something with more flavor

Can you come up with a better name that describes this camera?

Oh wait just thought about something. I can't say this till I see what the camera looks like when your running the ball.

Hmmmm A photo please

Call it what it is. Field Level Cam.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.