Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jagsrock95 @ 06/04/12 06:54 PM
sheesh some people will never be happy. I mean come on if it is what they make it out to be then it's the biggest change to madden this generation,add pass trajectories, over 400 catch animations, elimination of psych dbs, the face the ball integration, connected careers and improved graphics/ progressive lighting. That's pretty good progress if you ask me. TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!

# 42 TreyIM2 @ 06/04/12 06:59 PM
What's funny about this is that it's what I first thought this secret announcement would be but then I saw no evidence of rtp in the earlier vids and started thinkin it would be stupidly hyped, gimmicky motion gaming.
THEN I thought that those earlier vids were just a front after seeing the new NHL stuff becuz NHL AND FIFA were getting too far ahead of Madden and....well, too much to break down. Let's mind was doing a lot of math regarding this big gameplay announcement, before hand.

# 43 PGaither84 @ 06/04/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The big question though is, will this calm down all the fix the gameplay talk?

10 characters

# 44 SteelerSpartan @ 06/04/12 07:07 PM

Did anyone else have this theme go off in there head after todays announcements???

# 45 carnalnirvana @ 06/04/12 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajknows
Really?? Sorry but no, rtp is a core gamplay change, team tendencies means nothing if guy's are warping all over the place without regard to physics.
good now we have RTP..... however, the AI patriots will continue to play like the browns, the packers will continue to be anemic like the seahawks... etc BUT atlest now my RB will break that tackle nicely...

look without core tendencies making the AI saints into an explosive team through playcalling, routes and ability to get the ball to the superstar...we now have a game suited to make BIG hit montages...

look we all like the game and play it, forgive me if i'm not jumping off my roof. i dont know why people get offended if everyone isn't crazed with cheer....

back on topic, i hope it works, it will certainly help....

# 46 Dj_MyTime @ 06/04/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
good now we have RTP..... however, the AI patriots will continue to play like the browns, the packers will continue to be anemic like the seahawks... etc BUT atlest now my RB will break that tackle nicely...

look without core tendencies making the AI saints into an explosive team through playcalling, routes and ability to get the ball to the superstar...we now have a game suited to make BIG hit montages...

look we all like the game and play it, forgive me if i'm not jumping off my roof. i dont know why people get offended if everyone isn't crazed with cheer....

back on topic, i hope it works, it will certainly help....
Play vs SIM users/like-minded people who play to the teams real-life tendency. It's obvious they're going away from offline fixes to team styles etc. Personally I see no appeal in CPU play outside of practice.

# 47 videlsports @ 06/04/12 07:22 PM
I'm glad they added this gotta buy now.

# 48 K0ZZ @ 06/04/12 07:37 PM
The connected careers might've helped the tendencies not to mention in the blog it says

"Team Specific Overall Ratings

Every team rates players based on their individual philosophies. Gone are the days of every single team thinking that the same running back is a 90 overall rating across the board. The Saints now prefer smaller receiving backs while the 49ers lean toward backs that can handle the load. This brings a whole new layer of strategy to the Draft, Free Agency, Trades and Scouting. You might think a rookie quarterback is an 80 overall but the Bears may think he’s a 76."

Which should help a team develop to its philosophies as well as

"New Stat Engine

We’ve got a new stat engine that we built from the ground up that uses real team playbooks and tendencies to deliver the most accurate stats in Madden NFL history."

This I'm not 100% sure how to interpret this. If it's only sim stats than no good, but I don't see how they could get it to work in sim and suddenly make it not carry over to an actual game. [It's possible but who knows, I don't completely understand how the game simulates, my understanding is it does go play by play which means if your simming or playing the team should follow a certain game play to reach a certain result.

Edit:
Link

# 49 sactown_13 @ 06/04/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Play vs SIM users/like-minded people who play to the teams real-life tendency. It's obvious they're going away from offline fixes to team styles etc. Personally I see no appeal in CPU play outside of practice.
Yes, but many users do prefer the offline play and this would be a concern to them. Video does look good tho!!

# 50 EAGLESFAN10 @ 06/04/12 07:53 PM
With E3 today we might get NEW vids everyday

# 51 TreyIM2 @ 06/04/12 08:01 PM
Here's a lil more...but u gotta watch for a while before seeing actual game footage - http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-madden-nfl-13-adds-physics-kicks-***

# 52 Lalangan @ 06/04/12 08:06 PM
Looks awesome! Anyone else catch the two man tackle at :23? The runner landed on the tackler but he never touched the ground. Then it cut out after that...maybe we'll have plays where the runner continues to run

# 53 TreyIM2 @ 06/04/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalangan
Looks awesome! Anyone else catch the two man tackle at :23? The runner landed on the tackler but he never touched the ground. Then it cut out after that...maybe we'll have plays where the runner continues to run
Yup, it's in the game. Read the blog.

# 54 ChicagoChris @ 06/04/12 08:44 PM
First time in years i watched a Madden video and...smiled.

# 55 Skyboxer @ 06/04/12 10:39 PM
Loving what I'm seeing!

# 56 DaBear23 @ 06/04/12 11:09 PM
to be honest i hope the rtp eliminate the zig zag running. if zig zag running is still present in madden, then we are getting nothing more than a tackling montage. i like the new engine, but what is the use if i cant hit a player bcos they are zig zagin all over the gad danm field.

# 57 FreAk47 @ 06/05/12 12:20 AM
I feel like I ummmm...actually...WANT to buy this game? It's a weird confusing feeling.

# 58 TjJunior @ 06/05/12 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The big question though is, will this calm down all the fix the gameplay talk?
Its possible, not probable though. After they said the passing trajectory was improved, they pretty much had my 59.99+tax. All the other things are just icing on a chocolate cake para mi.

# 59 videlsports @ 06/05/12 08:25 AM
Every time I see the Trailers I get pumped, but I also feel upset this was not in NCAA to.

# 60 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 06/05/12 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

Yeah boy!!! It's on like Donkey Kong!!!
this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.