Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

These are the team overall ratings from the E3 build so obviously they're not final just yet. What do all you think? Any anomalies?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mf756193 @ 06/07/12 06:37 PM
First off as a life long Eagles fan I understand why some are saying we shouldn't be that high. However, regardless of our horrible record last year we are one of the most talented teams in the league, top to bottom. You simply don't know football if you deny this. Lots of things were going on internally last year with coaches as well as players. There's no need to go through rosters, because I'm sure most of you don't even watch the Eagles unless their highlights are on Sportscenter.

Also, a few pages back I saw a Saints fan saying that Broderick Bunkley was the #1 running stuffing DT. All I can do is LMAO at that comment. Bunk is a below average player. Trust me, you will see first hand how bad he is.

# 62 vln13 @ 06/07/12 06:38 PM
I know the trend has been getting lower for years, but these are pretty darn low!

# 63 87Birdman @ 06/07/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
First off as a life long Eagles fan I understand why some are saying we shouldn't be that high. However, regardless of our horrible record last year we are one of the most talented teams in the league, top to bottom. You simply don't know football if you deny this. There's no need to go through rosters, because I'm sure some of you don't even watch the Eagles unless their highlights on Sportscenter.

Also, a few pages back I saw a Saints fan saying that Broderick Bunkley was the #1 running stuffing DT. All I can do is LMAO at that comment. Bunk is one a below average player. Trust me, you will see first hand how bad he is.
As a Bronco fan I would say that the Eagles don't know Defensive talent since Bunk was a great run stuffing DT. Problem is if I remember the Eagels like their DT to get a pass rush which he doesn't do that well. Hence why the Eagles didn't mind getting rid of him. But if you watch football you know Bunk is one of the best run stuffing DT in the league right now. Whether he did it for a contract is besides the point. He was one of the best last year.

And talent means nothing if they don't work well in a scheme together like I will just use your guy's corners. One is great in man the other was great in zone. That is a bad mix lol, and doesn't help. But the fact is the game doesn't have the other ratings matter as much as speed which really screws up online, because of that. Speed kills so poor teams like the Raiders and Eagles. Hopefully they rated the players right because that is truely what matters, and that the other ratings matter I will be good.

# 64 justcallmedaddy @ 06/07/12 06:48 PM
Dolphins 68, fair overall compared to their season last year, they did do better towards the end of the season, but they'll have to prove themselves for a better overall this year.

# 65 microsales25 @ 06/07/12 06:51 PM
We have a lot of delusional Eagles fans here

# 66 brandon27 @ 06/07/12 07:25 PM
Dolphins at 68? Give me a break EA...

# 67 Retropyro @ 06/07/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift kincade
i know this has nothing to do with ratings but you might like

In the video it looks like the Colts have a rating of 73 and the Skins are 77. Obviously still being worked on and tinkered with.

# 68 DUDERMAN @ 06/07/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
Also, a few pages back I saw a Saints fan saying that Broderick Bunkley was the #1 running stuffing DT. All I can do is LMAO at that comment. Bunk is a below average player. Trust me, you will see first hand how bad he is.
You shouldn't go there, man. I've heard that way too much over the years and when I hear it, people just come off as uninformed.

He was very good for us. The fan base wanted him to be a sack master at DT since he had that potential coming out of college. What he became was a force in the run game along side Mike Patterson. If anything, both those players were underrated for years. If Bunk never got hurt, Antonio Dixon would never have had a chance to take his job. Jim Johnson's scheme was about disguising his pressure and he had his D-line play the run first and allow his LBs and safeties to blitz. Sean McDermott copied that philosophy too. Juan Castillo and Jim Washburn installed an entirely new scheme and Bunk was expendable. He had a great year with the Broncos and he will greatly help out the Saints D-line.

Quote:
We have a lot of delusional Eagles fans here
As for the Eagles rating, I said it earlier that an argument could be made either way. The Eagles had a top ten offense and defense. The Eagles, along with the Cowboys, blew more 4th quarter leads than any other team in the league. Most of those 8 losses came from the defense collapsing from mental errors early in the season and Vick regressing and throwing bad picks in key situations.

The team itself is still top tier by talent level alone. I'm not saying that guarantees them a spot in the playoffs, I'm just saying that you can't ignore stats when giving a rating in a video game. At this point I'm more defending my team than the actual rating, which I wouldn't be upset to see a bit lower.

Let me end with this (again repeating from my earlier post)...

We DO NOT know the formula used to get these team ratings so any arguments arising from them are pointless.

# 69 brettmickey @ 06/07/12 07:44 PM
These are the team ratings in order of best to worst just to make comparison easier:
1.Patriots-86
2.Packers-86
3.Steelers-85
4.Giants-84
5.Eagles-84
6.Niners-81
7.Falcons-81
8.Bears-81
9.Ravens-80
10.Cowboys-79
11.Jets-79
12.Texans-78
13.Saints-78
14.Chargers-78
15.Redskins-78
16.Lions-77
17.Broncos-76
18.Chiefs-76
19.Panthers-76
20.Cardinals-75
21.Bengals-74
22.Bills-74
23.Seahawks-73
24.Titans-72
25.Rams-71
26.Vikings-71
27.Raiders-70
28.Jags-70
29.Bucs-69
30.Dolphins-68
31.Browns-67
32.Colts-66

# 70 justcallmedaddy @ 06/07/12 07:46 PM
I do disagree putting the Rams ahead of both the Raiders and Dolphins though, I try to not overrate my team because I knew they've been bad, but I disagree with the Rams being over them.

# 71 brettmickey @ 06/07/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
These are the team ratings in order of best to worst just to make comparison easier:
1.Patriots-86
2.Packers-86
3.Steelers-85
4.Giants-84
5.Eagles-84
6.Niners-81
7.Falcons-81
8.Bears-81
9.Ravens-80
10.Cowboys-79
11.Jets-79
12.Texans-78
13.Saints-78
14.Chargers-78
15.Redskins-78
16.Lions-77
17.Broncos-76
18.Chiefs-76
19.Panthers-76
20.Cardinals-75
21.Bengals-74
22.Bills-74
23.Seahawks-73
24.Titans-72
25.Rams-71
26.Vikings-71
27.Raiders-70
28.Jags-70
29.Bucs-69
30.Dolphins-68
31.Browns-67
32.Colts-66
This is my humble opinion on who is over/underrated right now. I will try to keep equilibrium between over/underrated so there isn't a bunch up in ratings.

Overrated
Redskins

Slightly Overrated
Pitt
Eagles
Cowboys
Jets

Slightly Underrated
Giants
Ravens
Broncos

Underrated
Niners
Texans
Saints
Lions

# 72 DIRRTY30 @ 06/07/12 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
1.Patriots-86
2.Packers-86
3.Steelers-85
4.Giants-84
5.Eagles-84
6.Niners-81
7.Falcons-81
8.Bears-81
9.Ravens-80
10.Cowboys-79
11.Jets-79
12.Texans-78
13.Saints-78
14.Chargers-78
15.Redskins-78
16.Lions-77
17.Broncos-76
18.Chiefs-76
19.Panthers-76
20.Cardinals-75
21.Bengals-74
22.Bills-74
23.Seahawks-73
24.Titans-72
25.Rams-71
26.Vikings-71
27.Raiders-70
28.Jags-70
29.Bucs-69
30.Dolphins-68
31.Browns-67
32.Colts-66
Hey ho yah derr hey. Watchoo doin puttin the Pats above the Pack, eh? LOL, but seriously, as a Packer fan, I am pleased with an 86. Though these ratings are really low compared to the last time I played Madden a few years back. I'm assuming it has to do with the new ratings system from a few years ago? Anyway, this will be the first time in 4 years or so that I will be buying the game. Infinity sold me on it.

# 73 jaynny15 @ 06/07/12 09:01 PM
I really like these ratings cause there is really no dominant team in the nfl.. its who goes on a run when the playoffs start.

# 74 mf756193 @ 06/07/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
You shouldn't go there, man. I've heard that way too much over the years and when I hear it, people just come off as uninformed.

He was very good for us. The fan base wanted him to be a sack master at DT since he had that potential coming out of college. What he became was a force in the run game along side Mike Patterson. If anything, both those players were underrated for years. If Bunk never got hurt, Antonio Dixon would never have had a chance to take his job. Jim Johnson's scheme was about disguising his pressure and he had his D-line play the run first and allow his LBs and safeties to blitz. Sean McDermott copied that philosophy too. Juan Castillo and Jim Washburn installed an entirely new scheme and Bunk was expendable. He had a great year with the Broncos and he will greatly help out the Saints D-line.

As for the Eagles rating, I said it earlier that an argument could be made either way. The Eagles had a top ten offense and defense. The Eagles, along with the Cowboys, blew more 4th quarter leads than any other team in the league. Most of those 8 losses came from the defense collapsing from mental errors early in the season and Vick regressing and throwing bad picks in key situations.

The team itself is still top tier by talent level alone. I'm not saying that guarantees them a spot in the playoffs, I'm just saying that you can't ignore stats when giving a rating in a video game. At this point I'm more defending my team than the actual rating, which I wouldn't be upset to see a bit lower.

Let me end with this (again repeating from my earlier post)...

We DO NOT know the formula used to get these team ratings so any arguments arising from them are pointless.
Not uninformed at all. He's an average DT at best. He couldn't stop the run if his life depended on it. Not sure what kind of Eagles games you were watching, but he was pretty much worthless for us. Yes, every now and then he would make a nice play but that was once in a blue moon. There's a reason he couldn't find the starting line up on our team and then got traded for scraps.

# 75 azdawgpound @ 06/07/12 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
In the video it looks like the Colts have a rating of 73 and the Skins are 77. Obviously still being worked on and tinkered with.

was it me or did the ball look funny coming out of lucks hands on both those ints? it looked me like when his arm was up in air that the ball was above his hand in air and then ball took off? look @ 5:28 mark of the replay of the first int.

# 76 Wildcats302 @ 06/07/12 09:13 PM
Seeing the Titans overall I was ok with it being seeing us ranked 24th does suck. We won 9 games last year and should have won 10-11 if not for a few choke jobs, especially the Colts game (I suppose losing to them last season should drop a team down in the ratings though lol), but I get that it is based on this coming season, not what happened last season.

I like a challenge. I hope CJ is dumbed down this year some speed and ratings wise...with him you can dominate even with a crappy Titan's team. I want a challenge. I want to get pounded some in year 1...struggle to make the playoffs and such. I want realism.

# 77 HarkTheSound @ 06/07/12 09:26 PM
The Bengals got shafted once again, just like every year...

# 78 swift kincade @ 06/07/12 09:39 PM
I think it's still early for ratings because teams still need to finalize their rosters. Plus the dev. team didn't put these ratings on here. So you know they will change.

# 79 pokerplaya @ 06/07/12 09:43 PM
How about the Lions being worse than the Redskins... guess RGIII is just HUGE huh...

# 80 ABR173rd @ 06/07/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
First off as a life long Eagles fan I understand why some are saying we shouldn't be that high. However, regardless of our horrible record last year we are one of the most talented teams in the league, top to bottom. You simply don't know football if you deny this. Lots of things were going on internally last year with coaches as well as players. There's no need to go through rosters, because I'm sure most of you don't even watch the Eagles unless their highlights are on Sportscenter.

Right on...you know football and everyone who's not an Eagles fan doesn't. The guys over at PFF are complete idiots as well because they did the analysis on Bunkley. Thanks for educating us...Eagles are way overrated in Madden just as in real life..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.