Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 will not include the University of South Alabama. Jags Jungle corresponded with EA Sports for the answer.

Quote:
South Alabama was a provisional member of FBS last year and did not play a full FBS schedule. We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14.

Sources - Jags Jungle, CBS - Eye on College Football

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
For what it's worth, this is more UofSA's fault than EA's.... EA will get blamed nevertheless, but still.
Not arguing with you just asking, how do you figure it is their fault? They announced in '09 that they were going to move up in 12.

# 22 moylan1234 @ 06/14/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
Yes if I want to take the time to try and create them I can do that, then take the time to edit the roster to resemble them, then throw a team out of the FBS, then try and get their schedule right...or EA could have just included a team that should be in the game. I am not saying anything crazy like this is a deal breaker for me just that I am disappointed.
There's already tons of South Alabama teams on TB for you to download and I'm sure plenty of them will have accurate rosters. I know it's not ideal just making the point that you and your friends are not completely out of luck.

Quote:
Not arguing with you just asking, how do you figure it is their fault? They announced in '09 that they were going to move up in 12.
Everything I've read says that when they announced in '09 they said they would be in FBS by '13 and that '12 would be their final transitional year

# 23 LakerPride @ 06/14/12 03:10 PM
@moylan You are right about that. But we are the same status as the other three and even a year ahead of UTSA

# 24 w00dy Hayezz @ 06/14/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
If you read the very first post it explains exactly why it is not EA's fault. EA has deadlines to get this game out on time, if they don't get the info they need in time it's not thier fault.

Clearly it is important for some and i shouldn't have stated that it's no big deal earlier, sorry for that. I just don't think EA dropped the ball here, either the NCAA or South Alabama did.

# 25 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
If you read the very first post it explains exactly why it is not EA's fault. EA has deadlines to get this game out on time, if they don't get the info they need in time it's not thier fault.

Clearly it is important for some and i shouldn't have stated that it's no big deal earlier, sorry for that. I just don't think EA dropped the ball here, either the NCAA or South Alabama did.
I did read the post and I also read the post that was linked in it from the Southern Alabama forum. After reading around it sounded to me like this could have been avoided by EA. But what has not been said was if EA called or emailed and Southern ignored them or if EA expected them to initiate contact to verify their status. I am not laying the entire blame on EA but I don't think they are faultless either.
I have no dog in this fight other than a silly OD we were going to play around with. I probably wouldn't have posted more than my original comment on this one but my work is crazy slow today so I am just surfing around OS all day and this was the most interesting thread to me that was being active right now.

# 26 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 03:24 PM
Quote:

This is from what EA said. They did not receive a conformation from UoSA (I don't like using USA as an abbreviation for the school... Is that just me?) in time for NCAA 13.
"We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. "

# 27 Suntan Superman @ 06/14/12 03:28 PM
Its always EA's fault. I'm waiting for someone to blame gas prices on EA

# 28 Watson @ 06/14/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
For what it's worth, this is more UofSA's fault than EA's.... EA will get blamed nevertheless, but still.
Quote:
This is from what EA said. They did not receive a conformation from UoSA (I don't like using USA as an abbreviation for the school... Is that just me?) in time for NCAA 13.
"We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. "
How DARE you bring logic into this.

Sir, you forget yourself!

# 29 coogrfan @ 06/14/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
least UMass, UTSA, and Texas State made it.
If EA made a mistake, it wasn't leaving USA out. The error was putting the other three schools in.

Technically speaking, since these schools (as well as USA) are in their last year of "transitioning to FBS" they will not be considered full FBS members for the 2012 season. That will not happen until 2013, when all will become eligible to win their conference championships and participate in postseason play.

# 30 TheTruth437 @ 06/14/12 03:51 PM
I believe I read information on another website about this team being left out of NCAA Football 13-- months ago?

# 31 frankwyte81 @ 06/14/12 03:51 PM
Some people complain just to complain. Who's gonna play with South Alabama? Who who go to South Alabama won't play with them.

# 32 Kingfish @ 06/14/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Its always EA's fault. I'm waiting for someone to blame gas prices on EA
As a person that doesn't care much for EA, I have to have their back on this one. Damn'd if you do... If they had included them and then in late march they said, "Oh, ummm, yeah...thanks but we won't be wearing out big boy pants just yet, sorry." Then EA would have been up a creek...this is at least aire'n on the side of caution.

And as for the gas and everything else...I blame Obama! Maybe I can blame him too for no RTP in NCAA and CCM in Madden! Thats the ticket!!!

# 33 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
I apologize I miss read this the first time and just saw someone else quote it and realized my mistake. I agree that they are both at fault when I first read this I thought you were saying it was all the schools fault.

# 34 Floridastatefan02 @ 06/14/12 05:00 PM
South Alabama is only playing two non FBS opponents, which completely throws off everybody's schedule.

If anything, we should be blaming South Alabama for not stepping their game up and releasing the information on time.

But it would be nice, and it's not out of the question yet, if EA allowed us to add teams instead of having to switch them out. Or allow us to add teams throughout Dynasty. Maybe have a certain limit/amount you must add so that scheduling doesn't get thrown off.

# 35 superjames1992 @ 06/14/12 05:12 PM
USA shouldn't be in the game, anyways. Next year, they should be, but not this year.

# 36 LakerPride @ 06/14/12 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridastatefan02
South Alabama is only playing two non FBS opponents, which completely throws off everybody's schedule.

If anything, we should be blaming South Alabama for not stepping their game up and releasing the information on time.

But it would be nice, and it's not out of the question yet, if EA allowed us to add teams instead of having to switch them out. Or allow us to add teams throughout Dynasty. Maybe have a certain limit/amount you must add so that scheduling doesn't get thrown off.

Incorrect on the first statement. UTSA is technically a FBS opponent and the only FCS school is Nicholls State.

# 37 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchase27
We all know it was Obamas fault he is trying to destroy the South by leaving them out of the game.
Erm.... What?

# 38 themassacre771.1 @ 06/14/12 07:57 PM
EA just botched the whole football bundle this year.

# 39 downsouthgamer @ 06/14/12 08:58 PM
Would have loved to play with the Jags of USA but i cant wait until next year but on the other hand i had a close friend work for USA & hes crushed he wont be able to use them but life goes on

# 40 Wildcats302 @ 06/14/12 09:43 PM
South Alabama dropped the ball...not blaming EA for this one. If that makes me an "apologist" then so be it. Logic won't work with some people that have an agenda and bash this game and EA on almost every post. I just call it like I see it on not blaming them on this, just seems they were misled by South Alabama, end of story.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.