Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition

Exclusive package to include NBA 2K13, downloadable All-Star add-on content,
customized Spalding® basketball, Skullcandy Ink’d earbuds and Skinit controller skin

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

“With this special edition package, we want to give something meaningful to our great fans,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last.”

NBA 2K13 is the follow-up to NBA 2K12, which has sold-in over 5 million units worldwide and won more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards from outlets including Gamespot, Sports Illustrated and the Spike Video Game Awards.

NBA 2K13 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. NBA 2K13 and the NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jd@os @ 06/28/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Give it to your kid? How is this a gimmick when other titles do the same thing..

Batman Arkham City Collectors edition

God of War collectors edition
EXACTLY. I remember one Batman game came with a bat-a-rang. If you're over the age of 11 and you would carry a bat-a-rang with you, you have some serious issues.

Keep it in your house or give it to a kid.

# 22 VDusen04 @ 06/28/12 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
If you're over the age of 11 and you would carry a bat-a-rang with you, you have some serious issues.
Speak for yourself, bro.

# 23 spankdatazz22 @ 06/28/12 11:13 AM
The basketball design is cool and I like the black box. I brought the 2K10 special edition and [still] love the extras I got from that. Not bad, but won't be biting on this one. Will preorder to get the ASW content

# 24 jd@os @ 06/28/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Speak for yourself, bro.
Don't worry VDusen; if I see you in a dark alley wearing a cape with a bat-a-rang and a utility belt, I'll be sure to be extra nice to you.

# 25 noshun @ 06/28/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Don't worry VDusen; if I see you in a dark alley wearing a cape with a bat-a-rang and a utility belt, I'll be sure to be extra nice to you.
Vdusen would be a Gotham City Imposter, hehe.

# 26 jd@os @ 06/28/12 11:32 AM
Getting things back on track here.....I was actually hoping since the Brooklyn Bridge image was in fact confirmed to be a nod to Jordan, that he would have a cover for a limited edition or something.

Or maybe in the future, I think it would be good for limited editions to have an extra disc with the cover athlete's greatest game of the previous season or greatest game period. For instance, have a dvd of one of Durant's highest scoring games or something. I know they would have to get the NBA's permission and probably pay a lot for it, but it's just an idea. I have a lot of Jordan dvds, but I can imagine how much a Lakers or Celtics fan would have loved a great game on dvd for Magic or Bird for last year's game if there was a limited edition version.

# 27 exposedaking @ 06/28/12 11:37 AM
sweet! I can use that ball for nba baller beats.............NOT

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 28 Gatorfan Frank @ 06/28/12 11:43 AM
Nice! This must be the huge announcement that 2K announced they would announce soon!

# 29 VDusen04 @ 06/28/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Getting things back on track here.....I was actually hoping since the Brooklyn Bridge image was in fact confirmed to be a nod to Jordan, that he would have a cover for a limited edition or something.

Or maybe in the future, I think it would be good for limited editions to have an extra disc with the cover athlete's greatest game of the previous season or greatest game period. For instance, have a dvd of one of Durant's highest scoring games or something. I know they would have to get the NBA's permission and probably pay a lot for it, but it's just an idea. I have a lot of Jordan dvds, but I can imagine how much a Lakers or Celtics fan would have loved a great game on dvd for Magic or Bird for last year's game if there was a limited edition version.
Those are both actually pretty great ideas.

# 30 SmittyD81 @ 06/28/12 11:47 AM
Nice gimmick. I just hope that the gameplay is as nice, if not better than this package. I'm a fan of the 2k series, but not diehard enough to drop $100 for this.

# 31 qnzballa5 @ 06/28/12 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan Frank
Nice! This must be the huge announcement that 2K announced they would announce soon!
Lol Yup Cant Wait!!

# 32 NoTiCe_O @ 06/28/12 12:00 PM
Remember when it was Live doing all the Marketing and 2k keeping quiet? Funny how the tables have turned...

# 33 bigsmallwood @ 06/28/12 12:03 PM
sounds great....except for the price! Should be 79.99 not $100...too steep for what we would get.

# 34 Blzer @ 06/28/12 12:08 PM
Was this the massive announcement?

# 35 NINJAK2 @ 06/28/12 12:16 PM
I pray to the heavens that this was not the major announcement. like others have said I simply wont buy this. would have been nice if they hooked up with mcfarlane toys and included a 3 pack with griffin rose and durant and ditched the ball and skins. still looking forward to 2 k 13

# 36 23 @ 06/28/12 12:27 PM
Always wondered why they never did this while they had MJ on the cover

# 37 LD2k @ 06/28/12 12:33 PM
The NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition is limited quantity & will only be available while supplies last. Completely optional of course.

# 38 Vni @ 06/28/12 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'am wondering aswell. If it is then it's a looooooot of hype for something that might be cool for some people I guess but not 'something big for 2K'.

# 39 jfsolo @ 06/28/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No, there's zero chance of this being the massive announcement.

# 40 Vni @ 06/28/12 12:43 PM
I would say it's a coin flip.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.