Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Due to concerns of the lack of field degradation (specifically on white jerseys) in the NCAA Football 13 demo, EA Sports has tweeted an image, showing it off in the game. For those of you not seeing any field degradation, it is likely tied to the quarter length.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mm boost @ 06/29/12 01:29 PM
well good to see this included.

On the downside, it looks like rain games still have that horrible looking green/blue hue.

# 22 BSchwartz07 @ 06/29/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Actually if that's a replay still image I'd be happier as the replays in the demo look terrible.

Glad to see that EA is addressing the issue.
Now if they would only address the other 700 things wrong with their games...

# 23 BSchwartz07 @ 06/29/12 01:31 PM
one other question, why is it that most all QB's in NCAA now have RB face masks? I noticed it on last year's game, and it was a little annoying. From the screen shots of this year's game it would appear that the RB masks are back on the QBs again....

# 24 benschoolyard513 @ 06/29/12 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
one other question, why is it that most all QB's in NCAA now have RB face masks? I noticed it on last year's game, and it was a little annoying. From the screen shots of this year's game it would appear that the RB masks are back on the QBs again....
schoolyard here,
my guess is because of that lawsuit with the player "likeness" from last year. i think eventually we will have generic rosters.

-bsy

# 25 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Been saying this but it won't happen because nobody would buy the game any longer.
Well that's not true. There are plenty of college football fans and gamers that would still buy. This is why I have so much respect for roster makers and we should really appreciate what they do for the community.

# 26 BSchwartz07 @ 06/29/12 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benschoolyard513
schoolyard here,
my guess is because of that lawsuit with the player "likeness" from last year. i think eventually we will have generic rosters.

-bsy
Only thing about that is that there has never been an issue with CURRENT college players. They actually sign their likeness over to the NCAA, actually the NCAA is working to be able to use their names on NCAA licensed things (ads, jerseys, video games). The legal troubles come from using the likeness of a player AFTER they are no longer at the school. This is why EA's hack job at the classic games from NBA2K's series is only a select few guys playing as if they were 18 in 2012....

# 27 fsufan4423 @ 06/29/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
well good to see this included.

On the downside, it looks like rain games still have that horrible looking green/blue hue.
I totally agree. The coloring in the rain games look terrible. I would love to actually see a afternoon shower game where the sun is still out.

# 28 benschoolyard513 @ 06/29/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I totally agree. The coloring in the rain games look terrible. I would love to actually see a afternoon shower game where the sun is still out.
the yard here,
it looks like that blue "hue" has been taken out of some of the dome stadiums, but not all.

-bsy

# 29 lost1 @ 06/29/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9er

I would like to see a screenshot in a sunny game in the last minutes of the 4th quarter on a grass field.
EA NEED TO CUT THAT OUT. WE KNOW THEY GET DIRTY IN THE RAIN. WE WANT A LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER, SUNNY AFTERNOON, DIRTY WHITE UNIFORM SHOT. ITS NOT THAT HARD. ALL OF THE IMAGES THEY POST ARE ON SUNNY DAYS, BUT NOT ONE WHITE UNIFORM IS DIRTY

# 30 lost1 @ 06/29/12 02:53 PM
WHY NOT JUST USE THE GRASS STAINS IN MADDEN 12 AND 13 AND BE DONE WITH IT. AINT THEY THE SAME COMPANY?

# 31 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1
EA NEED TO CUT THAT OUT. WE KNOW THEY GET DIRTY IN THE RAIN. WE WANT A LATE IN THE 4TH QUARTER, SUNNY AFTERNOON, DIRTY WHITE UNIFORM SHOT. ITS NOT THAT HARD. ALL OF THE IMAGES THEY POST ARE ON SUNNY DAYS, BUT NOT ONE WHITE UNIFORM IS DIRTY
Quote:
WHY NOT JUST USE THE GRASS STAINS IN MADDEN 12 AND 13 AND BE DONE WITH IT. AINT THEY THE SAME COMPANY?
You must be new around here. Lay off the caps lock man.

# 32 MrRudy @ 06/29/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
This guy is really angry.
Gotta say something related to field degradation, um... Grass + Football = Dirty jerseys... Grass + Football + Inclement weather = really dirty jerseys. I'm now a theological scholar capable of improving EA's product. I'll be waiting for their call, patiently

# 33 acreyman @ 06/29/12 03:22 PM
I dunno about that. maybe they fixed it after the demo but this was not a quarter length issue because the dark pants were getting dirty in the demo just fine.

# 34 Equinox831 @ 06/29/12 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I have a friend on my 360 list with the game and asked him to check if white jerseys show dirt in games. When I get a reply, I will post back with the answer.
You're going to need to verify your source before anyone really takes you seriously.

# 35 sub9er @ 06/29/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I have a friend on my 360 list with the game and asked him to check if white jerseys show dirt in games. When I get a reply, I will post back with the answer.
just a regular daytime game that would be awesome

# 36 scottyo60 @ 06/29/12 04:47 PM
All I can say is very happy about white jerseys getting dirty. Thanks OS for the hard work.

# 37 PowerofRed25 @ 06/29/12 05:19 PM
Another believe it when I see it in retail situation, but that picture looks good. This has never been a big deal for me and I'm glad it isn't an overblown degradation effect like those Penn State pictures. In reality, you get a game like that maybe once or twice an entire football season.

Hopefully it works right in game. I am a little worried about the weather though, rain has historically been very disappointing and lack of customizable weather in dynasty mode is really a let down. The engine that drives weather based on time of year and location seems to be a let down. We'll see, looks good in that photo though.

# 38 pj_28 @ 06/29/12 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronomymarkus
EA, at LEAST put the damn mask IN the game. I have no qualms going in and editing EVERY SINGLE qb in the game. BUT, SHOW ME SOME EVIDENCE THAT IT'S IN THE GAME, and then i'll pre-order again.

if not, screw your game!! you've already disappointed me on everything else this year practically. i'll just pick up madden and WAIT ANOTHER YEAR until you guys have real-time physics, upgraded unis, and upgraded equipment!

---thank you
Odd rant on a thread about uniform degradation... Anyway I like the way the picture looks, it doesn't seem over the top but still noticable.

# 39 TDenverFan @ 06/29/12 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronomymarkus
maybe if they did a thread on updated equipment, i'd post there...but i've never seen one on operationsports yet. so until that happens, i'll just post my views in every thread about this game, in hopes that they'll add updated equipment.
It's a stickied thread over in the wish list forum.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...wish-list.html

# 40 brandon27 @ 06/29/12 06:35 PM
I think it looks good. Its noticeable, and its not overly done.

I think the example pics of the PSU/LSU game are the extreme though, its rare it ends up looking that bad.

Itd be nice if the game could mix it up from heavy wear, to lighter wear from game to game. but, it is what it is. All in all, I think it looks good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.