Home
NHL 13 News Post

NHL 13 GM Connected mode details arrive next week. Word is, it's the largest dynasty mode ever, in a sports video game.

What are you hoping for?

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kalkano @ 07/18/12 07:06 PM
Unfortunately, it's not what I'm hoping FOR, but what I'm hoping they don't do. I'm just hoping they don't pull a madden, and take away our freedom to play the way we want to. I already have to pas on madden '13 because of it. Hopefully, the NHL team doesn't make the same mistake...

# 2 savoie2006 @ 07/18/12 08:33 PM
Yeah, the NHL series has never had the options that Madden had and then took away so not sure you're gonna like it any more.

As for what I'm hoping for, good Cpu team logic for trades, lines, ect and as few bugs as possible. If all that goes well, I'll likely be happy.

# 3 BlueNGold @ 07/18/12 08:58 PM
What am I hoping for?

Everything and the kitchen sink.

Oh, and that it all actually works.

# 4 06woz @ 07/18/12 11:36 PM
AI GM Revamp and the ability to fill online leagues with AI GM's and only a few friends.

More realistic player development(ie. The 1st overall pick being NHL ready)

# 5 Simple Mathematics @ 07/19/12 12:53 AM
I hope they let us use our custom rosters in GM Connected. They took that out of Madden 13. I couldn't use EA's shotty rosters in a Franchise. I like getting Matty's rosters and tweaking them a little to my liking.

# 6 Bloop33 @ 07/19/12 03:06 AM
For GM Connected, specifically, there are a few things I'm looking for

1) Since you don't actually do your own drafting, I hope my first rounders don't bust out as much as some do in NHL 12. I don't always pick the best player in the long run, but at least I don't pick the worst. Nothing worse than a 13th overall pick being a 75 overall with no potential.

2) I hope it's simple to use, nothing would be worse than an overly complicated set up.

3) CPU teams adjusting their strategies during the course of a GM Mode.

# 7 TDKing @ 07/19/12 07:09 AM
CUSTOM SEASON LENGTH !!! 20/42/82 I haven't finsished more than one season in years. Franchise mode has been pretty much a waste for me. Now it will be even harder to get through a season with multiple users involved. If they what this connected GM (online franchise) mode to succeed they need to give us the ability to customize the length of the season in our franchise. IMO...

# 8 tsp120 @ 07/19/12 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
Unfortunately, it's not what I'm hoping FOR, but what I'm hoping they don't do. I'm just hoping they don't pull a madden, and take away our freedom to play the way we want to. I already have to pas on madden '13 because of it. Hopefully, the NHL team doesn't make the same mistake...
This. I want an open game.

# 9 FBeaule04 @ 07/19/12 10:32 AM
I've been so much discouraged with EA over the last few years with their Jack-in-the box presentations of new features while the product in the end was a deception that I cannot hope for anything more than if I'm John Tortorella answering questions in a press conference.

Brooksy : What do you expect from EA next week revealing GM Connected features?
Torts : That they will announce something next week
Brooksy : Are you excited about what's coming out next week?
Torts : I don't know, it's coming out next week?
Brooksy : Do you plan to play the mode if the features looks interesting?
Torts : Well' see when they reveal it.
Brooksy : What would you say to EA about the mode?
Torts : Nothing, the mode isn't out yet.
Brooksy : What would you have add in the mode if you we're EA?
Torts : I'm not EA, can't answer.
Torts : Thanks guys. *Raise and go by the door on the right*

# 10 Money99 @ 07/19/12 10:59 AM
I'm really hoping this 'deep Dynasty Mode' extends to the AHL, CHL and European leagues as well.

I would LOVE to run my own OHL club.

# 11 Hjkflannel @ 07/19/12 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
CUSTOM SEASON LENGTH !!! 20/42/82 I haven't finsished more than one season in years. Franchise mode has been pretty much a waste for me. Now it will be even harder to get through a season with multiple users involved. If they what this connected GM (online franchise) mode to succeed they need to give us the ability to customize the length of the season in our franchise. IMO...
Couldnt agree more

# 12 BlueNGold @ 07/19/12 11:23 AM
One thing I wonder is how similar this is going to be to Madden's Connected Careers mode. For the most part I like what I've seen out of that. I just hope NHL isn't removing features like they are.

If NHL can accomplish getting the sense of being in an actual living and breathing league, that will be a huge step forward from where we've been with Be A GM.

It would also be nice if the CPU teams start identifying what they are through the course of a season. For example teams like the Blue Jackets being a rebuilding team, the Pens being a championship contender, etc. If they were to add that and have the CPU AI construct their teams and make moves according to that, it would add so much more depth and replayability to GM mode.

# 13 canucksss @ 07/19/12 11:26 AM
hoping that they'll not IGNORE the "regular" GM mode and EA will implement ALL the features that they're promoting as new in NHL 13.

# 14 BlueNGold @ 07/19/12 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
hoping that they'll not IGNORE the "regular" GM mode and EA will implement ALL the features that they're promoting as new in NHL 13.
If it's anything like Madden, then it's going to be the same offline as it is online, which was mostly the reason they gutted everything for these "Connected" modes.

# 15 gopher_guy @ 07/19/12 11:28 AM
I hope thus huge update isn't just for a multi player GM mode. Some of us don't want to play BeAGM waiting on a bunch of other people...

# 16 RangersFan_91 @ 07/19/12 12:06 PM
If you don't play a game in online be a gm does the cpu take your place?

# 17 goalieump413 @ 07/19/12 12:38 PM
I have two things:
1 - I hope the BAP and BAGM modes merge into one mode, where your player can start in juniors and work his career through the NHL and transition, after retirement, to a GM. One big mode, with skill points accumulating along the way.
2 - Personal backstory. The effectiveness of any good leader often comes from his personal experiences, not just his professional experiences. A solid backstory, with random events, meant to challenge or ease the job.

# 18 mercalnd @ 07/19/12 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm really hoping this 'deep Dynasty Mode' extends to the AHL, CHL and European leagues as well.

I'd love that too, though I would probably go with a team in the Q. I'm not holding my breath though.

# 19 canucksss @ 07/19/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
If it's anything like Madden, then it's going to be the same offline as it is online, which was mostly the reason they gutted everything for these "Connected" modes.
sorry blue...but i dont play Madden and kinda lost about what you're saying regarding Madden and their GM mode. could u elaborate on this? thanks.

# 20 brandon27 @ 07/19/12 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

This would be awesome!
Along with custom schedule lengths as well.

Kingsville!! Never thought I'd see someone else here that close!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.