Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 title update #1 is available now for both PS3 and 360. Please keep in mind title update #2 arrives in late August, which fixes gameplay, dynasty and custom playbook issues. It will also include the Uniform Store.

What does the first title update fix exactly? Here's a recap.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game.

The online rankings system update, was a server side update last week. Once you play your next game, you'll notice a change in the leaderboards.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TarHeelPhenom @ 08/01/12 12:26 AM
I've already deleted the patch and I don't use the tuner either...enjoying the game without them.

# 102 Skulletor @ 08/01/12 12:32 AM
i guess they fixed game load freeezes but not in game freezes, classic EA

# 103 nolesfan69 @ 08/01/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
i guess they fixed game load freeezes but not in game freezes, classic EA
They never said that the in game freezes was fixed in this patch. The patch in August will fix the in game freezes.

# 104 malky @ 08/01/12 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
They never said that the in game freezes was fixed in this patch. The patch in August will fix the in game freezes.
Did they say they would fix the in games freezes in August?

# 105 CrimsontideuA @ 08/01/12 12:56 AM
The fixes for in game freezes will be in patch # 2.

# 106 BraveHeart @ 08/01/12 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
The fixes for in game freezes will be in patch # 2.
Hate to question you, but you have proof?

# 107 weeeeeeez @ 08/01/12 02:12 AM
I don't think there is a way for EA to fix the freezing that happens during the animations like Studio update and end of quarter animations which is really disappointing.

# 108 TarHeelPhenom @ 08/01/12 02:23 AM
I'm going to try and post 2 separate videos in the next couple of days...1 game pre-patch and 1 post-patch with the same rosters and same slider set. The quality may not be that great because I'm a have to record it with my webcam. But, I just want people to see the difference. Now, again...I'm not saying they did anything to gameplay on the field. but, I do believe something has happened to make the sliders more powerful than they were pre-patch.

# 109 lowndsy @ 08/01/12 03:18 AM
Had no freezes pre patch and played 1 game after no freezes! Guess I am lucky ps3.

# 110 weeeeeeez @ 08/01/12 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
If the freezing issues everyone is having is true (which I have no reason to question that it's not), then EA owes a serious explanation on why their game is unplayable.

Thankfully, I saw this before I downloaded the patch and won't be touching this one, as I have not had a freeze yet.

It gets harder and harder to defend this game... I've had some debates with another poster about EA charging for NEW uniforms in their store, but I'm moving off of that now and think they should provide all uniforms for free. If this patch did not fix the freezing issues people experience or made it worse, that is just inexcusable.
It's pretty much NCAA Basketball 10.

edit: For those who don't know or haven't played it NCAA Basketball 10 froze almost every game.

# 111 kingsofthevalley @ 08/01/12 04:15 AM
Opinions are like (insert here) everyone has one lol, here's mine. I haven't had ANY freezes with this game post or pre patch/with tuner or without tuner or any combination of the previous (knock on wood). I honestly think a huge portion of these problems originate from the user side somehow. Uncared for systems, hard drives full of crap (custom stadium music anyone, your whole iTunes play list), system location/positioning, etc.

I had to return my previous xbox because a storm actually blew out my internet connection hub, and the guy at work just stool there speechless for a second, looked at me and stated "dude this is thee most pristine and clean system I have EVER seen in my 2 years working at this place, you play this in a bubble or something."

I'm honestly not trying to imply that anyone here is unkempt or not very attentive to the things I stated earlier buuuuut....I'll leave it at that. Good day.

# 112 kingsofthevalley @ 08/01/12 04:23 AM
To add on to my last post. I don't put ANYTHING (except standard game saves of course) in my xbox hard drive because I think it is a sensitive diva, and depending on what game you're playing will wreak havoc, i.e. game freezing all the time, general weirdness, all types of fuggery, etc while you're trying to enjoy a game.

# 113 shaunbot @ 08/01/12 04:24 AM
Had 2 freezes before the patch that caused to veer off dynasty for a bit. Had my second post patch freeze tonight. Just a little irritating...

# 114 weeeeeeez @ 08/01/12 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Opinions are like (insert here) everyone has one lol, here's mine. I haven't had ANY freezes with this game post or pre patch/with tuner or without tuner or any combination of the previous (knock on wood). I honestly think a huge portion of these problems originate from the user side somehow. Uncared for systems, hard drives full of crap (custom stadium music anyone, your whole iTunes play list), system location/positioning, etc.

I had to return my previous xbox because a storm actually blew out my internet connection hub, and the guy at work just stool there speechless for a second, looked at me and stated "dude this is thee most pristine and clean system I have EVER seen in my 2 years working at this place, you play this in a bubble or something."

I'm honestly not trying to imply that anyone here is unkempt or not very attentive to the things I stated earlier buuuuut....I'll leave it at that. Good day.
Problem is no other games ever freeze for me. Tiburon must do something different with their games that make a lot of copies freeze. Either hardware or software there is a problem.

# 115 GoDucks1224 @ 08/01/12 05:21 AM
Quote:

The only two games I've EVER had hard freeze my Xbox like this are NCAA 12 and NCAA 13. So.. Explain that plox.

# 116 CT Pitbull @ 08/01/12 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
lol...they hope... by then madden will be living in my disk tray and ncaa will be a 45 dolla beer coaster

# 117 michigan21 @ 08/01/12 07:01 AM
Quote:

Is this a serious post? Come on man. I have a well cared for system no dust etc. I have no custom music on my xbox at all. I had only one freeze before the patch. Ever since I dl'ed the patch it freezes every time. The game is broke.

# 118 w00dy Hayezz @ 08/01/12 08:40 AM
Had my game freeze while uploading highlights after an OD game last night, it was the first time i have had this problem in an online dynasty game.

# 119 roadman @ 08/01/12 09:44 AM
I've never had a freeze pre patch and post patch.

I'm sure after I post this, I will.

# 120 ballinoutactrl @ 08/01/12 11:13 AM
glad to see they wont fix the gameplay till after madden comes out so i might as well return this game and get a few dollars towards madden

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.