Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 OverallAgree or disagree?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 raiderphantom @ 08/06/12 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanToniyo
Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 Overall

Wow most of you guys are unbelievable. For one I'm going to start saying that I am probably one of the few people on this forum that thinks EA stat systems are good enough.. They are not perfect, and i repeat ( Before everyone in the world that hates Donny Moore makes a smart *** comment that im not gonna give a **** about cause this is Online ) THEY ARE NOT PERFECT... But i disagree with most of you guys a lot on how you want the rating system to be.. First and foremost, i must say to anyone who thinks that they can create a better rating system, needs to SHUT THE **** UP!! Because anyone who at least as smart as i am would probably know by now that regardless of who is picked to do the ratings is probably going to get the same treatment because everyone has DIFFERENT OPINIONS about the players, so plz cut the crap people, its starting to get annoying...

Another thing i would like to talk about is everyone comments on wanting to separate the good from the Elite. Something I very much agree with.. I personally believe that the only rating in the game that can do that is the AWR system, which i think needs some work... All the players that have been posted in the Top ten running back deserves all of their ratings...

Everyone wants the seperation to come between the 90 OVR and the 80 OVR which is something that you cannot do, because if you do that then the players wont have any to fill in the stats that need to be filled in.. I Really dont feel like going into detail on that, im just hoping that most people will understand.. But i will give one example using a running back from my favorite team Michael Turner. The only way you get him down to a 85 is by taking down his trucking rating from the 97-99 OVER its going to be to a 87, and taking his AWR thats probably in the 90s to the lower 80s, which isnt logical because hes been one of the most consistent backs in the league. Im pretty sure u get were im coming from now.. Everyone wants him in the Mid 80s, but only the smart football people know that in the past four years hes 2ND in rushing yards and 2ND in rushing touchdowns.. Second only to Adrian Peterson who deserves to be at the top... MJD being 3RD in those categories which matters alot for this category... im perfectly fine with Mick Turner being at 91 because thats a rating he has EARNED year after year just like everyone else on this list has.

Then you have your all around backs in Forte, Shady, Foster, Rice, Gore, Charles, and Steve Jackson. FIRST of all I must say, EVERYONE thats complaining about a 3 point differential between these two needs to shut up and just get the **** out, because a 3 point difference doesnt chance the effective ness of these players. I wont bother arguing about were their rated because they ALL have proven to be Elite Backs.

#Forte- The most productive player on his team, can catch the ball, and running and make big plays. Check his numbers, Beautiful
#
Shady- One of the best elusive back in the league, compared to most by barry sanders because of his abilities to make plays missed. if you disagree tell these to experts who know the game and have said this AND look at his numbers, not to mention he can catch in the backfield. He hasnt gotten as many catches as others on this list but believe me, im sure he can. But i will be fair to say that if anything his catching rating should be the lowest on the list when the stats are release. i would give him a 80 which is fair.

#Frank Gore- Has been consistent all throughout his career and is definitely a back with big play ability. Hes numbers in the passing game have gone down over the years but his run game has been consistent. And i think with that being enough said his five 1000 yard season and his 4.6 career AVG is enough for me to have him in the 90's.

#Ray Rice - One of the best all around backs in the league along with Forte, Foster, and Mccoy. He is so versatile and is capable of doing everything a running back should be able to do and more. Catch, run, blk.

#Arian Foster- Has proved that he can be a consistent running back and pass catcher with back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons and 600 yard passing yards with 9 yard per catch AVG. i dont think i have to say much about him, hes balance, speed, power, blah blah.
#
Steven Jackson - Anyone that thinks he should be rated lower than an 90 is ****ing ********, he is a beast. SEVEN STRAIGHT 1000 yard rushing seasons, cmon guys, not to mention he has been on a pretty tarrible team for awhile now and is the ram all time leading rusher. He can catch, as he has shown early in his career. He hasn't done much of that lately but i still think it should be atleast a 76-80. a Great ball carrier and definitely a 3 down back. Hes definitely earned his spot in the 90's and anyone who TRULY knows football and isnt biased should know that too.

#Jamal Charles - This guy is one of the most explosive backs in the league and has proved with three seasons that he is a great running back with a record high in yards AVR per carry not to mention TWO 1000 yard seasons Averaging 6 yards a carry. Just because he got injured doesnt mean he dooesnt deserve to be in the 90's. NOW if he comes back and his stats go waaay down in productivity then thats when you should see a decline, as with anyone thats coming back from an Injury which is why people like Peyton and Peterson are still in the 90's

At the end of the day, If anything i Feel like the ratings are right were they should be. Rice and Shady belong ont he same rating level, they are both very versatile and consistent in both the running game and passing game. Riced more in the passing game but that doesnt mean he should automatically be rated higher. Forte, he is just as good. But of course Rice and Shady are higher because they got way more yards in the run game which is fair. Hes still a 93 which is beast in madden so any Forte Fans, plz stop complaining.

Everyone who feels like Turner and Jackson doesnt belong, SHUT UP!
First, stop telling everyone to shut up. Second, read my post if you don't understand why these ratings are not put together well. You develop a formula. Either you are going by 100% 2011 stats, or 50% 2011 stats/30% ability/20% 2010 stats. Etc. there is no consistent basis.

# 82 SanToniyo @ 08/06/12 05:30 PM
Oops sorry, didnt mean to quote O_O but their is still other player rating that havent been acount four, their might be more 90 OVR players still

# 83 ozzy57 @ 08/06/12 06:21 PM
Turner is the one I have the biggest problem with. If his rating doesn't fall at the end of the first year in CC then there is a big problem his age is starting to show and he struggled down the stretch. Outside of his 172 yard game against Tampa in week 17 he only averaged 56 yards over the 5 games previously

# 84 ImaGamer_OS @ 08/06/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Really suprised that CJ2K isn't in the top 10.
100% agree. Check my latest blog.

# 85 HolyCrap @ 08/06/12 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I like your list a lot but LeSean McCoy has been very consistent.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...4/lesean-mccoy
Thats true hes been productive last 2 seasons but I still think that the players I have above him give better consistency game in and game out and are better all around players.

# 86 Champion8877 @ 08/06/12 08:12 PM
My opinion it should be:
1. Arian Foster-98
2. Adrian Peterson-97
3. Ray Rice-97
4. MJD-96
5. Shady Mccoy-96
6. Matt Forte-94
7. CJ2k-94
8. Frank Gore-92
9. Jamaal Charles-92
10. Michael Turner-90

But honestly EA's are pretty much good for the most part, other than the fact CJ in not in the top 10.

# 87 gator3guy @ 08/06/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
Thats true hes been productive last 2 seasons but I still think that the players I have above him give better consistency game in and game out and are better all around players.
Do yourself a favor and watch some Eagles' games this year. You're in for a surprise.

# 88 HolyCrap @ 08/06/12 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Do yourself a favor and watch some Eagles' games this year. You're in for a surprise.
Ive seen him play hes good there is no doubt. Hes top 3 Fantasy Running back but hes not a top 5 all around player he can only fit into certain schemes. whereas the people I rated ahead of him can fit in all schemes

# 89 N51_rob @ 08/06/12 08:58 PM
Not that I take a lot of issue with the ratings. I would say that with Peterson coming off a knee that Arian Foster is probable the "best RB in the NFL" but that is such a linear title with about a 4 season shelf life.

My issue (and it will be my issue with all these ratings) is that they are all too high. Go back to STRETCHING out the ratings. Best back in the NFL should be no higher than a 94 and go off that for everyone else IMO. It will never happen but, I can still ask for it.

# 90 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/06/12 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Since his 2K yard season he's been pretty average.
1300+ yards 11 touchdowns in 2010 is average?. he went to the pro bowl that year..in fact he was a pro bowler his first three years in the league. I would agree that for CJ2k's standards that may be average. If he hadnt of had that 2000+ yard season i dont think people would be giving him so much crap for putting up good numbers. He was still a thousand yard runner in his worst season of his career. Honestly it cant get worse that what it was last year. Not showing up to camp, not in "football" shape, new coach, off coordinator, all of that factored into his "bad" season last year. I dont know if this top ten is based off of their track record or what they have done recently.

# 91 dcdreadhead @ 08/06/12 09:41 PM
Damn EA! I was hoping you guys would finally get the correct body types for the RBs this year, but chalk it up as a yearly oversight again! MJD and Michael Turner have massive lower bodies, but they're inaccurate in the video. If I didn't see ther

# 92 dcdreadhead @ 08/06/12 09:45 PM
......If I didn't see their names and numbers on the back of their jerseys, I wouldn't be able to identify them.

# 93 DC Fraz @ 08/06/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
I like McCluster as much as anybody but he's no top ten back.
Yeah thats my boy since them Ole Miss days man. Heard he was getting more reps at reciever than RB at pratices. Probably just be used for returns since Jamal's back and they signed Hillis.

Still got DMC on my fantasy squad though...

# 94 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
1300+ yards 11 touchdowns in 2010 is average?. he went to the pro bowl that year..in fact he was a pro bowler his first three years in the league. I would agree that for CJ2k's standards that may be average. If he hadnt of had that 2000+ yard season i dont think people would be giving him so much crap for putting up good numbers. He was still a thousand yard runner in his worst season of his career. Honestly it cant get worse that what it was last year. Not showing up to camp, not in "football" shape, new coach, off coordinator, all of that factored into his "bad" season last year. I dont know if this top ten is based off of their track record or what they have done recently.
Looking at his numbers, it's been nothing but down hill since then. Last year he was pretty awful. He had two big games and the rest was really poor. 1000 yard seasons aren't exactly what they use to be. If I had a guess, I'd say he's probably number eleven on this list putting him at about a 90.

# 95 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/06/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Looking at his numbers, it's been nothing but down hill since then. Last year he was pretty awful. He had two big games and the rest was really poor. 1000 yard seasons aren't exactly what they use to be. If I had a guess, I'd say he's probably number eleven on this list putting him at about a 90.
I think Chris johnson is partly to blame for 1000 yard seasons not being what they use to be. Plus i think everybody would have predicted his stats to go downhill from a record breaking season. Also it has only been two years since his 2000 yard season so i wouldnt say he is in decline, as i stated all the issue that went on last season. I dont mind CJ being eleven on the list rated as a 90 as it stands he still has to prove that last season was a fluke. However wouldnt you say the same thing for AP and Jamal Charles?

# 96 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I think Chris johnson is partly to blame for 1000 yard seasons not being what they use to be. Plus i think everybody would have predicted his stats to go downhill from a record breaking season. Also it has only been two years since his 2000 yard season so i wouldnt say he is in decline, as i stated all the issue that went on last season. I dont mind CJ being eleven on the list rated as a 90 as it stands he still has to prove that last season was a fluke. However wouldnt you say the same thing for AP and Jamal Charles?
Not Chris Johnson but just NFL offenses in general. Averaging 62.5 yards rushing per game just isn't as impressive as it used to be with the way offenses are these days. I don't really think Johnson is in decline, I'm just justifying why, at this point, he wouldn't be in the top ten.

AP and Charles didn't have bad years, they just got injured. Peterson was on pace for a very strong year before the injury. Charles I'd is more of a question mark because he doesn't have the track record of a guy like AP, but at this point there isn't anything yet that says he won't be virtually the same back as he was before.

# 97 bigjay302 @ 08/06/12 11:38 PM
It's kinda funny how the ratings go. 99 is perfect and they are starting guys off with 97 and what not. Where is McFadden on the list???

# 98 DaBear23 @ 08/06/12 11:54 PM
it is kind of funny how some people think forte is overated lol. if matt forte was playing for the raven, he would end up in the hof because the ravens have a good line. shady mccoy, foster, and ray raice all have good ol and decent supporting cast. cedric benson a solid running back and he fort with tooth and nails just to average yards 2.6 yards behind the bears ol. he went to the bengals and he look like a freaking all pro running back.
i remember the parkers game the bears won in overtime in 2009. orton could not complete a pass to say is life. forte won the game over time because the parkers have no answer for him. forte was is team best wr. how many of the running backs in the top ten list was there team best wr.

# 99 brettmickey @ 08/07/12 12:44 AM
Multiple Patriots fans wondering where Fred Jackson is draws me to two conclusions- 1. Fred Jackson deserves a spot in the top 10. or 2. The world is ending. I'm leaning towards choice 1... Also, I feel like CJ1K and/or McFadden deserve a spot somewhere. Looking back at the top 10, there are many talented backs on the list and it would be difficult finding places to put players. I would say there is about 7 to 8 players that are locks at the moment.

# 100 splff3000 @ 08/07/12 01:23 AM
These ratings, as was the Qb ratings, are awful. Unlike the Qb ratings tho, ALL of these are awful. These ratings are way too inflated. Here's how I look at it. Let's say EA decided to put NFL Legends into the game... Oh wait.... they did. Well let's say they decided to put Barry Sanders in as a legend ....oh wait... they did. Well, Barry Sanders could be rated nothing less than a 99 OVR RB in the game so he has to be significantly better than the RB's on the game already, right? Nope. Looking at these ratings, EA, Donnie Moore to be specific, is telling me that MJD is just 2 points lower than the great Barry Sanders. I'm sorry guys, but I watch ALOT of football and I've seen MJD play ALOT and not once have I ever said to myself, " He is almost as good as Barry Sanders". Not once. Yes he's a real good RB, but he's no Barry Sanders.

That's the problem with the ratings. They don't take into account all players over time, just the players playing now. If they took into account all players that have ever played that position, the ratings would make a lot more sense. Now you're stuck with the scenario that I just mentioned. One of the greatest Players, not just RB, but PLAYERS of all time is a tad bit better than a good player today. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there needs to be a team working on these ratings, not just one man. There has to be some kind of system with checks and balances because this is getting crazy. Not advocating Donnie Moore get fired. I'm just saying get someone else that can say "WTF? Drew Brees DAC has to be higher than 84!!!"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.