Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bcruise @ 08/14/12 09:29 AM
Would people mind not quoting his posts, please? I'd rather read impressions from people who actually have the demo. Thanks...

# 122 Triathlete_201 @ 08/14/12 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown19
hey guys is your kinect working, it does not recognize my voice i give it commands and it does nothing.
My works most of the time. I was trying to hike the ball by saying "hike" and it never worked. Figured out you have to say "Down, set, hike" to make it work.

# 123 droopizzle34 @ 08/14/12 09:31 AM
Seems like nano blitzing may be dead; you can't manually move defenders, cpu moves em right back to their orginal position....

# 124 Mcees4life @ 08/14/12 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
ok i am really impressed so far. commentary is great. new physics engine seems sweet. seen some awesome animations including one where d hall was being blocked but slung his arm out bsckwards to grab the reciever. was wicked. no more fixing on one player till its too late.

my only worry is the lighting at midfield seems too dark. with skins i cant even make out the colour of their jerseys. seems like stadium shadow but well overdone imo.
I agree about the lighting, I thought it was my tv that was partly responsible. Hopefully the final version will be a little brighter

# 125 BTownSlinger @ 08/14/12 09:37 AM
I followed the directions but can't get the demo to come up on mu xbox. Any ideas? Yes my internet is working & it's connected.

# 126 mrclutch @ 08/14/12 09:38 AM
Commentary seems much better so far. Just not having Collinsworth anymore makes it better.

Tackling is definitely better. I am seeing some different animations throughout the demo. I am seeing some funny player interactions after the play where they seem to get hung up with each other.

Like most have said I don't think the line play has improved. It really seems to be the part of the game that is most like last year.

I think we will be able to avoid all of the Madden 12.5 jokes this year. the game is definitely different and at this point I would say improved.

# 127 xTriiipZx @ 08/14/12 09:39 AM
The locomotion and zig zagging is horrible. Still is an arcade game in those regards.

The AI is dumb as a rock too... (no matter what difficulty)

Other than that the game plays much much much better than last year... which is fantastic news for me.

I don't care about AI (only play in TSFL online league) we have a rule that stops the zig zagging and locomotion errors too... so everything should be great. Looking forward to this

Biggest improvement is tackling and commentary. I still want to see more of the line play before I decide there...

# 128 Smoke6 @ 08/14/12 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
Seems like nano blitzing may be dead; you can't manually move defenders, cpu moves em right back to their orginal position....
Game changer right here fellas, I'm taking.the day off, its raining anyway, but still I has to see for myself.

Edit: seems the guys who like doing that crap are pissed and complaining already, I love.whoever listened and added this back in the game, its been long over due. I know it might still be some issues but hopefully EA is on top of it and we can actually.have the defended.covering like they should or playing their respective zones correctly.

# 129 BTownSlinger @ 08/14/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Do you have GOLD?
No I don't, is that the problem? I found it via search but it says there's a Xbox LIVE Marketplace problem, code 800700E8.

I won't be able to try the demo without Gold?

# 130 Tyrant8RDFL @ 08/14/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Pro with default threshold.

All Madden seems to go to the other extreme with my Guard inexplicably not blocking the DT even when I'm making the correct read.
Just drop the cpu sliders a few notches till it feel s right. On All Madden the CPU is juiced so by dropping it a little in the areas you feel they are overpowering will balance out.

# 131 J-Unit40 @ 08/14/12 09:44 AM
Two other quick thoughts ...

1) Randy Moss had dirt (almost looked like sand) all over his right arm after getting tackled on the infield. Very cool.

2) Infinity Engine can provide some great moments and some head scratchers. There is some quirkiness in the engine, but I expected that. Similar to FIFA 12 in that aspect. IE is definitely a step in the right direction.

# 132 bambam2123 @ 08/14/12 09:44 AM
Love everything so far, but the kicking isn't right. For some reason it wont do anything when i move the RS until i move it up/down 4-5 times, i know its not my controller. Anyone else having this issue?

# 133 seasprite @ 08/14/12 09:46 AM
So glad they decided to go back to the RS kicking instead of the button.

# 134 WildFan22 @ 08/14/12 09:46 AM
Pros-
Grapics are great
much improved commentary
Infinity engine really does make a difference to the feel of the game

Cons-
Infinity seems to favor the offense so far
commentary is vague
new physics make for some awkward tripping and squirming after the play

# 135 BTownSlinger @ 08/14/12 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info.

# 136 BobRichards91 @ 08/14/12 09:55 AM
Glad they removed nanos (potentially). I might have a fighters chance online now. With them, it's such an unfair cheeseball fest

# 137 BobRichards91 @ 08/14/12 10:02 AM
Love how they trip over each other after plays end. It doesn't look pretty, but it's hilarious

First TD!! RG III rushing for 12 yards!

# 138 DaveDQ @ 08/14/12 10:04 AM
I like what the infinity engine brings, but the game is still too jittery. To me this is Madden's signature flaw, if that can be said. Players have very little natural movement. Even with the new physics, the weird cases of quick stopping and then jittery movement takes away from any natural feeling. I feel like the players are too small in view. I understand the need to get all players visible in a play, but they still seem too small in comparison to the actual field. This is another Madden "look" that has been an issue for me. when you couple that with the jittery movement, the sense of realism is taken down several notches.

The commentary in the game once again leaves much to be desired. Two examples, on one big pass play the Moss pulled in, Jim Nantz is slowly talking about how Moss pulled it in for the catch (something about a rolling catch etc.) Meanwhile, Moss is in full stride as he heads towards the endzone. It isn't until he gets in the endzone that Nantz picks up the excitement and says, "Touchdown, 49ers." From the catch to the endzone, there should have been a level of excitement to compliment what was actually happening. On another play, I went for it on 4th and inches, got the first down and Nantz goes on to talk about how that was a risky call that will now turn the ball over. I clearly made the first down and had a new set of downs while Nantz is going on about how I missed the 4th and inches.

The replays are very awkward, starting midway through the play with various angles that are often too zoomed in. It would be nice to see the replay from the snap. There's also nothing said in the color commentary when a slow motion replay is happening. This would be a great time for Simms to compliment the play or critique it.

Overall I am pleased with the new engine. That's what I was looking for in the demo. But, Madden still needs a soul. It just lacks the excitement level that football should bring in presentation and gameplay. It seems to me that every year they redo the presentation elements but just can't hit the high note and deliver exciting things like commentary talking about stats and talking in between plays. Even the injuries are so scattered. A player will be on the field, laying there while other players do that often used animation of skipping away to the side. Then in an instant the player is being carted off.

Everything seems so displaced on the field, and the commentary, even with new voices is not feeling like it's part of the action.

# 139 metalmungar @ 08/14/12 10:04 AM
I actually enjoyed this demo very much. Feeling the physics and new animations have been improved imo. But sadly i did not see T.O. on the Seahawks which makes me wonder if we'll have to wait for a roster update from EA after its release. but it could just be the fact that EA has to submit there demo to the game providers a week early before its actually released just like in the store they actually carry the game a week in advance but cant release it. I remember worrking at EB games and Sunrise records and being able to snag a game or album before its release then watching game director videos saying oh its still a work in progress when im holding the finished product in my hand lol But overall i will be buying this game cuz i feel it is 100% better than Madden 12.

# 140 TheKingOfVa @ 08/14/12 10:05 AM
I really like how the passing system feels, real smooth and more natural.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.