Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Here it is, our first glimpse of NBA Live 13 in action.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: EA has taken down the video. Look through the comments section and you might be able to see a few pop up there, until they are removed as well.

UPDATE #2: Kotaku has it online.

UPDATE #3: EA Sports has responded... (via Owen Good, Kotaku)

Quote:
EA Sports responds: "The video appears to be captured from a pre-alpha build months ago and is not an official EA SPORTS release. It does not represent a final build or feature set for NBA Live."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I still see rebounds flying over players heads dropping on the floor.. Court Vision would have a fit if he saw that now

Looks like the same ole thing to me, same issues, same generic game, and people keep saying crowd and presentation but that looks just like the old game IMO that never needed to be touched

So in so many words, what have you been doing for 2 years?
Well let's see...

They haven't been working on player sigs, because everyone basically shoots the same. They haven't been working on animations because they are still awful. They haven't been working on physics, because the player involvement is really bad. The only thing that sticks out is presentation and faces...I guess they weren't kidding when they said they spend over 100 hours on each face, they just did faces and left gameplay rot.

# 42 youALREADYknow @ 08/21/12 12:38 PM
Lmao, wow. They can't be serious. The ONLY thing they have to be proud of is the ESPN presentation/overlays and commentary. I'd love to see ESPN and JVG/Breen in 2K13.

# 43 Mintsa @ 08/21/12 12:38 PM
Oh man.......

It looks like a PS3 arena with a PS2 game of basketball being played......thats the best way for me to sum it up.

Now, it could be an early build but.........oh man.

# 44 theprocess @ 08/21/12 12:39 PM
I hoping we are just seeing an early build of the game. A really early build of the game...looks like NBA live 10 as far as the animations go.

# 45 youALREADYknow @ 08/21/12 12:39 PM
Player models look like NFL 2K models on Dreamcast. I'm utterly stunned by how poor this looks considering the visual quality of other EA titles.

# 46 huntt26 @ 08/21/12 12:39 PM
Other than the ESPN presentation and announcers, that was pretty bad. May as well be a hockey game with all of the sliding going on

# 47 huntt26 @ 08/21/12 12:40 PM
EA should just port this over into a NCAA game. Then we'd buy it because we have no choice. I'd buy an NCAA game even if it looked as bad as this

# 48 nova91 @ 08/21/12 12:43 PM
The footage started off like someone was playing the actual demo, my dumb tail turned on my XBOX looking for it.

# 49 Dannyld @ 08/21/12 12:43 PM
This looks pretty bad. The players seem really stiff and move funky. And their shoes seem really slick at some times.:P The presentation seems ok at first, but it seems lengthy. I'm guessing you can press a button to skip it if you want, but if it lasts that long every time... Ugh. It's not THAT nice. The commentary seemed ok, but only ok. But damn I'd love if 2k could get Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen. (Clark Kellogg has got to go.) Overall, This does look really bad. Although it looks like you can choose any team. So if it's an older build of the full game, whatever. But if that's the upcoming demo... that's pretty nice to be able to choose any team.

# 50 TheBrothers24 @ 08/21/12 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIFF202
ITS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TROLLING!!!!
Yes, it is that bad. I feel like I just watched NHL 13 with basketball players.

The user controlling the heat just showed everybody who this game was created for and thankfully I know now it wasn't created for me.

# 51 TheKasmar @ 08/21/12 12:45 PM
Wow, they actually called reach in fouls on the Miami user. That was a plus. Despite the stiff akward movements, I thought the passing looked decent. Westbrook's Sig shot looked wierd to me. I'll give this game a chance to see what the control and movement is like. If they can give me good gameplay control, stable collision detection, and solid online play then Ill keep an open mind.

# 52 AnnihilusLivius @ 08/21/12 12:45 PM
Oh my god. I completely lost my faith in EA. What the hell is this? Even NBA Live 08/09 was better than this crap.

I seriously hope this is an old build. Oh my...i think i'm gonna jump off the bridge.

Edit: Btw, give 2k the ESPN Presentation JVG & Mike Breen would be the nail in the coffin for 2k13. That would make my day.

# 53 the croz 1027 @ 08/21/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIFF202
ITS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TROLLING!!!!
Trolling? How can you make that statement with a serious face? Many here were hoping for Live news to see what was going on but for you to look at this video and say this looks great is perplexing. No sig shots, sliding, poor movement, clipping, rebounding issues, are just some of the glaring issues evident in 1 quarter worth of gameplay. There will be some positives and I fully expect online to perform better than 2K online but the build shown in this demo (if close to final build) does not resemble a good game at all.

# 54 Drewski @ 08/21/12 12:47 PM
Aaaand new 2k developer insight in 15 minutes. See ya later thread.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 55 22cedric @ 08/21/12 12:47 PM
I think the footage that we are seeing is from a early build.

# 56 The J Rocka @ 08/21/12 12:47 PM
Wow I can't believe what I just watched. It's sad because I've been playing Live for over 12 years and it's finally come down to this. Best memories and most fun I ever had playing basketball video games was on Live.

I can't believe the nerve of the Live developers. Release that crap of a game Elite, make us wait a plus year, wait late in August to see anything about the game, make the game sound like it's revamped in the game interviews, and now put this Live 08 crap on us?

I was hoping with all the time on their hands we were going to get a game that could compete with 2k. I'm sick of the crappy online servers, body building midgets in baggy jerseys but I guess it's better than floating stick figures that are stiff. The audio and presentation looked/sounded great but that gameplay footage....wow. Even if it's not the final product, I don't see what they can do after leaking this garbage. Sigh.

# 57 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Aaaand new 2k developer insight in 15 minutes. See ya later thread.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Ummm, more like see ya later game?

# 58 gdh5503 @ 08/21/12 12:48 PM
Man they cant be pleased at all with how this game is looking... Jump shots are weird, movement is weird, dribbling is weird, ball mechanics, passing etc... Man I feel sorry for Live....

# 59 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
I think the footage that we are seeing is from a early build.
Early build or not, this is atrocious and it's clear why EA didn't release anything but screenshots. That is close to being as bad as NBA Elite.

# 60 KidHypeTellem @ 08/21/12 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRRuPTMiND93
the game is just moving too fast in my opinion, I'm not worried about the sliding, that should be fixed before it is released. There are A LOT of negatives in this video, but it is an early build, so hopefully a lot of these things get fixed. We all knew 2k would blow this game out of the water anyway, so there's no need in comparing them in my eyes.
Exactly.
I personally always get both (when there were 2 games on the market), so comparing isn't something I even bother doing.
However I always hope that both can deliver a good experience.
I went back and played Live 10 and realised there were things I liked about that game, but I think it's certain gameplay elements that ruin the experience even if it's just slightly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.