Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has released some new NBA 2K13 screenshots of NBA legends appearing in the game.

Included are Allen Iverson of the 2000 – 2001 Philadelphia 76ers, who will be available for the first time as a historic player in the game. The screenshots also feature in-game highlights of Wilt Chamberlain of the Los Angeles Lakers , Shawn Kemp of the Seattle Supersonics, Shaquille O’Neal of the Orlando Magic, Alonzo Mourning of the Charlotte Hornets, and Scottie Pippen of the Chicago Bulls.

To view all of the NBA 2K13 screenshots, click here.

NBA 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Epiffani @ 08/29/12 09:13 PM
This was the gif I intended to post in my first post in this thread (it didn't show up for some reason), which was like the last time I can remember doing some serious damage with Iverson:

This was years ago of course, but I remember dropping 50 plus this game with A.I, and it was all in the flow of the game. One of my fondest NBA 2K memories.... Now you're telling me I can use him in his actual prime? Someone pinch me.

I'm freaking pumped.

# 122 KyotoCarl @ 08/29/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's Dick Cunningham from the '71 Bucks. They were both in the game last year. Still, like you, I'm holding out hope the Sixers won't be the only classic addition this year.
Alright, thanks man!

Maybe we'll see the Rockets with Hakeem, Barkley, Drexler and Pippen? That be awesome!
Even better if we get it without Pippen so we can get this funky court in the game.

# 123 VDusen04 @ 08/29/12 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Alright, thanks man!

Maybe we'll see the Rockets with Hakeem, Barkley, Drexler and Pippen? That be awesome!
Even better if we get it without Pippen so we can get this funky court in the game.

You know, with all the individual classic players 2K has the rights to, it'd almost be a disservice to not take these classic teams in as many directions as possible. The '85 Sixers only had 7 real players last year, so if that's the minimum needed, there's a fair share of other classic teams that'd be pretty doable with players already in the game. The Rockets you mentioned would already have Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Mario Elie, Kevin Willis, and Matt Bullard available, as their likenesses all make appearances on other classic teams.

Also, some people provide staunch opposition to the idea of including more recent "classic" teams, but I think there's some '00's clubs that'd also be pretty awesome to bring back. For instance, the top 9 from the '07 Warriors team is still active in the NBA, so we'd just need access to the old Warriors hardwood and maybe some golden t-shirt wearing fans and we'd be good to go there. There seems to be a lot of possible angles that could be taken that wouldn't require acquiring a lot more likenesses of players.

# 124 ecovyoudug @ 08/29/12 10:30 PM
We still need a younger version of AI. Not to be picky but 00-01 Iverson looked a lot younger and he didn't even wear headbands just yet. I'm just a die hard Iverson fan and we have to get him right if it's going to be in the game lol. And I just ask they put in the Answer IV's(sneakers he was wearing that legendary season 00-01) that he stepped all over Lue in & over Shaq. lol

# 125 goledensilence @ 08/29/12 11:14 PM
I personally, would love to see Latrell Sprewell in the game. Glad to see 2K showing Allen Iverson some love. He's my favorite player in NBA history. He was the person that made me pay attention to basketball. I think I had all of his shoes.

# 126 Norris_Cole @ 08/29/12 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecovyoudug
We still need a younger version of AI. Not to be picky but 00-01 Iverson looked a lot younger and he didn't even wear headbands just yet. I'm just a die hard Iverson fan and we have to get him right if it's going to be in the game lol. And I just ask they put in the Answer IV's(sneakers he was wearing that legendary season 00-01) that he stepped all over Lue in & over Shaq. lol
I'm a big LaMarcus Aldridge fan and I'm still fighting since years with the 2k insider to give him a new cyberface with beard, remove those high socks that for some unknown reason he decided to give him, and update his player body. It looks like is not going to happen for the 3rd straight year

So good luck with that..

I agree with you by the way. AI face looks like he is 38 years old...

# 127 KyotoCarl @ 08/29/12 11:51 PM
I'm looking forward to not being called for palming while using the control stick this fall!

# 128 Thunder Storm @ 08/30/12 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
2k must learn from EA how to correctly implement the lighting.
lol.

lmao.

# 129 jayrich751 @ 08/30/12 12:59 AM
Anyone ask ronnie 2k if we're getting a old iverson said to be from 2000-2001 or one that looks like a young iverson from 2000-2001?

# 130 Duwares @ 08/30/12 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrich751
Anyone ask ronnie 2k if we're getting a old iverson said to be from 2000-2001 or one that looks like a young iverson from 2000-2001?
I've tried to contact Ronnie 2k, but he hasn't responded. He's probably been offline since the Ratings of A.I, Jared Dudley, and Thomas Robinson.

# 131 jayrich751 @ 08/30/12 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwares
I've tried to contact Ronnie 2k, but he hasn't responded. He's probably been offline since the Ratings of A.I, Jared Dudley, and Thomas Robinson.
Happy he's hearing from us, maybe something can be done

# 132 skinnybonez @ 08/30/12 03:37 AM
Iverson's legs/ankles are too thick... no romo

# 133 seanbarkley @ 08/30/12 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Can we get the Bucks team of Glen Robinson,Ray Allen & Sam Casell?
Cosign!Having those bucks + the 2000 Raptors would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
lol.

lmao.
I don't know what do u find so funny because lighting is one of the few things EA implements quite better than 2K

NBA 2k12

Attachment 49081

NBA Live 10

Attachment 49082

# 134 DamnYanks2 @ 08/30/12 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley

I don't know what do u find so funny because lighting is one of the few things EA implements quite better than 2K

NBA 2k12

Attachment 49081

NBA Live 10

Attachment 49082
How does 2K's lighting not look better then Live 10's?

# 135 Goffs @ 08/30/12 06:37 AM
2k12 took a step back last year with the lighting....players not sweating added to that effect since you can't see the sheen of off the players and it made them look flat and lifeless.

I don't know which development team worked on the lighting portion of the game (art team??) but it was really lacking in last years edition.

# 136 Thunder Storm @ 08/30/12 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley

NBA 2k12

Attachment 49081

NBA Live 10

Attachment 49082
Live 10's lighting is not the type of lighting I would want to see in a basketball sim.

this is much better than that ultra bright, glossy Live stuff you posted :

once 2K gets sweat back to the way it was, the lighting won't matter.

# 137 DBMcGee3 @ 08/30/12 08:36 AM
Damn I had no idea they were bringing Iverson back this year. Excited to hear the list of historic teams now, I wonder when they'll be spilling the beans.

# 138 seanbarkley @ 08/30/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm

this is much better than that ultra bright, glossy Live stuff you posted :
Ultra bright glossy what?

Look kid, if you have never played Live 10 it's normal you don't have any idea on what you are saying. Here's a vid that maybe lets you see things more clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0SQ3cE5Sg

# 139 Vni @ 08/30/12 09:08 AM
There is definately some wrong with 2K lightning. Live 10 might be a little too strong but looks closer to real life than 2K's.

# 140 jayrich751 @ 08/30/12 09:13 AM
can anyone confirm if A.I... is going to have a 95 rating but look like the 36 year old of last year and now

or is he going to have a 95 rating and look like the 26 year old that brought his team to the finals in 01?

judging by the pic they put out im not sure...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.