Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

New this year, you can be selected as the #1 overall draft pick in NBA 2K13. Check out Ronnie2K's MyPlayer in MyCareer mode, he was drafted 13th with an overall rating of 78.

Quote:
New to MyCAREER- Ronnie2K's MyPLAYER was drafted to the Phoenix Suns in NBA 2K13's MyCAREER mode. He was disappointed that he wasn’t drafted #1 overall which is possible for the first time ever in NBA 2K13. Though, his choice in suits makes it obvious that no one has better style than him!

Source - NBA 2K Facebook

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LS33 @ 09/04/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
Anyone remember last year's pic? Decent showcase stats, low draft pick. It's simple: Ronnie's turnover prone, got a bad team grade, or both.

EDIT: Picture also might hint at what was hidden in the new pic under the team logo. There must be a new system for skill points and progression.
.....OMG you see the drop in field goal percentage that either means shooting is the same or worse!! lol

# 42 TreyIM2 @ 09/04/12 06:44 PM
Pimp threads, Ronnie? Heh. And why does David Stern look like my lil, old next door neighbor? SHE'S a doctor...Heh....

# 43 nuckles2k2 @ 09/04/12 06:44 PM
2K13

2K12

We had age being a topic of discussion on the vid, but it was quickly written off as "oh well...it's a dev copy, etc."

And LD2K also hinted that we shouldn't worry about the age in that vid.

But now we have Ronnie being drafted in 2K13 @ 18 years old? Go fire up the past four 2K games and see if you can create a dude 18 years old... There's something going on here..

Let the age conspiracy begin..

# 44 cmebfresh @ 09/04/12 06:44 PM
i wish they will create a mode when you can continue your my player from previous 2k'2

# 45 JasonMartin @ 09/04/12 06:45 PM
Even though I hated the low overall rating 2K11 it's actually fair. In 2K12 it was cool that you had a way higher overall at 60'ish. But this just seems too much.

Davis has a overall of 80 and he's the nr 1 pick and this guy gets a 78 and is only a nr 13 pick?

I'm going to try to play really bad so I'm a 2nd round pick and get chosen by my favorite or a good team and with a low rating. Win-win-win.

# 46 Scramz718 @ 09/04/12 06:48 PM
My question is, if you were to be selected first overall will you make a better salary than let say a sixth or tenth pick? I would hope so,because i think the first pick can get paid up to five Million dollars. Do Y'all think we would be able to purchase sig skill with skill points of money?

# 47 redsrule @ 09/04/12 06:54 PM
Next picture is at 6PM PST according to Ronnie's twitter.

# 48 shindiana @ 09/04/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
if they added new suits hopefully they added new HAIR and facial hair. i want waves and a goatee like olympic MJ!

Yeah new suits available but without an revamped cap feature and new haircut/body types I will be disappointed.

# 49 Zach_Novak @ 09/04/12 06:58 PM
i always had an 18yo in 2k12, just put his DOB 31st December 1992... youngest possible. I never played past the first NBA game but i've gotten a lot of rookie showcase experience lol i hate 2k12 so much!

definite earring, my player will not be having one... i might rock some red in my outfit so i can go pick 6 and play with these lads!

# 50 kidkaos @ 09/04/12 07:00 PM
They let you do the classic drills and allow you to do stuff like lift weights squat weights sprints and suicides to increase your skill. i hope they have the combine and summer league before the rookie showcase

# 51 kidkaos @ 09/04/12 07:01 PM
Notice thats a wishlist

# 52 Da-Man @ 09/04/12 07:04 PM
It doesn't look like there will be the combine and summer league again this year... I hope i'm wrong though.

# 53 LD2k @ 09/04/12 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
We had age being a topic of discussion on the vid, but it was quickly written off as "oh well...it's a dev copy, etc."

And LD2K also hinted that we shouldn't worry about the age in that vid.
There is nothing to read into - we had a special build to aid us in getting assets for you guys as mentioned by Ronnie. Nothing more other than Ronnie2K's MyPLAYER is a beast.

# 54 tetoleetd @ 09/04/12 07:10 PM
so is mycareer mode going to be like madden's connected careers?

# 55 flyer1985 @ 09/04/12 07:12 PM
what's the diff between my career and my player?

# 56 briggm @ 09/04/12 07:15 PM
I hope you can also start with a low ranked rookie and slowly build him up. Not like in 2K12 where you've already displaced the starter 10 games into the first season and by all-star break you're pretty much a superstar. I'd like the progression to be slow, even to the point where you could be struggling to break into the rotation right through the first season. I don't want to see Monta Ellis sitting on the bench backing me up 2 weeks into the season.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2

# 57 infam0us @ 09/04/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer1985
I think they just changed the name

# 58 tetoleetd @ 09/04/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
no idea, has this info been released yet?

# 59 KyotoCarl @ 09/04/12 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
so is mycareer mode going to be like madden's connected careers?
Nothing has hinted at this yet so no one knows.

Quote:
No one knows as of yet. We'll probably get more answers on Friday.

# 60 barimanlhs @ 09/04/12 07:47 PM
As a MyPlayer only gamer, I like these changes. Even though they are small or cosmetic, it adds to the experience. It may not be perfect but it is nice to see a MyPlayer type mode actually fleshed out and have some depth to it. Im excited to see what else has been changed/revamped!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.