Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Act as your team's floor general by calling out plays and strategies using NBA 2K13's voice recognition on Kinect.

Call for screens, make substitutions, clear outs, defensive formations, Gatorade dunks and more.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JwP23 @ 09/05/12 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Yes but thats totally unnecessary to have in a video game. In that case you could argue about all the small details that should be there but aren't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well that unnecessary thing(in your side) annoys some fans. And wouldn't it be nice to get small details right regardless?

# 42 jersez @ 09/05/12 01:43 AM
I liked how the cpu jarrett jack directed the offense and got Klay Thompson a open three, the user switched to a 1-3-1 and the Jack hit Thompson immediately.

I'm not impressed, we need the list below in the game, it can work with my player as well.
"Water boy, water"
"Pass me the ball Russell Westbrook"
"Coach take me out"
"Pick up my gum up"
"chew gum"
"give me a high 5"
"Don't leave me hanging"

Some things that should be in 2k14. We need those commands.

# 43 icemanfrost @ 09/05/12 04:51 AM
To all the people complaining about lebron not being to get past serge listen that is actually what i asked ronnie about just because its a perimeter player on a big dont automatically mean he should get around him
Last time i checked lebron isn't exactly fleet footed and serge has pretty good agility to boot

Like someone like dwight howard is what make him so good he can come out on pick and rolls and guard pg sometimes cause of his athleticism and agility

# 44 jersez @ 09/05/12 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfrost
To all the people complaining about lebron not being to get past serge listen that is actually what i asked ronnie about just because its a perimeter player on a big dont automatically mean he should get around him
Last time i checked lebron isn't exactly fleet footed and serge has pretty good agility to boot

Like someone like dwight howard is what make him so good he can come out on pick and rolls and guard pg sometimes cause of his athleticism and agility
I didn't even notice that, I thought that was Kevin Durant(shows how bad the player bodies are), but it was at the end of the shot clock, lebron had him, I think the user just rushed.

# 45 JasonMartin @ 09/05/12 06:59 AM
Did you guys think there was any lag, when you saw Lebron trying to pass Ibaka and then pulling up a jumper. It looked really slow in a way, not as fluent like he does IRL. I just hope the game doesn't feel that way, in general.

# 46 JerzeyReign @ 09/05/12 07:23 AM
Not defending this in no way, shape or form but that Lebron on Ibaka played out just in real life. I watch a ton of James' games (pretty sure I'm not the only one) and that situation would of played out just like that. Seriously, he could of had Earl Boykins on him and Lebron would of found a way to pull up, normally with a fade lol. I find myself cussing at Lebron a lot for it, again, I can't be the only one.

But I'm kind of glad he can't get around Ibaka just because -- I still like playing randoms and wish one day I could feel confident like I did in 2k11 to play against any team and have a chance. If Lebron would of just waltzed past Ibaka then Miami would continue to be on my 'Do Not Play' list.

With all that said -- man, I think I gotta get the Xbox some work -- seriously thinking about picking this up for the 360 because of the Kinect feature (and I wanna drag LD2k and his Lakers )

# 47 krakdol @ 09/05/12 08:02 AM
You don't need Kinect for that at all though. A simple mic on any console or PC should be enough.

It's a bid sad to see Kinect is now collecting dust, just being used as a mic.

Just a 100$ mic lol

# 48 VUUAASSHHH! @ 09/05/12 08:31 AM
When I say "When is the demo coming out?", what's the answer for that?

# 49 silverskier @ 09/05/12 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakdol
You don't need Kinect for that at all though. A simple mic on any console or PC should be enough.

It's a bid sad to see Kinect is now collecting dust, just being used as a mic.

Just a 100$ mic lol
If thr game have the software to process audio, then yes. But I highly doubt than nba2k13 has it. Kinect does, and give the audio processed as an input, like a controller does, to the game

# 50 Mintsa @ 09/05/12 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Even though it's not available online, this is still a nice addition to the game.
Where did it say this ?? Was it in the video ?

So this only works for offline games ?

# 51 iLLosophy @ 09/05/12 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Where did it say this ?? Was it in the video ?

So this only works for offline games ?
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/10/nb...des-the-bench/

Quote:
The Kinect features will only be available when playing against the AI in NBA 2K13 – no Kinect voice commands in online and local multiplayer. 2K Games reps said that it didn't make sense from both a technological and gameplay standpoint. In local multiplayer, there'd be no way to determine who is who; using Kinect voice commands online would bog down the experience in needless lag.

I really hope for next gen consoles they rebuild the game to be online ready from the ground up.

# 52 Mintsa @ 09/05/12 09:21 AM
Thanks iLL,

Lol...I watched the vid like ten times and couldn't find it!

I do think it's a cool feature with major potential. But I'm a online guy and basically never play offline (other than the jordan challenge "2k11" and the greatest mode "in 2k12") So I really don't think I'd give this option much burn.....

I also don't have a 360....

Still, advancing the game/experience is always good.

# 53 riggs6taters @ 09/05/12 09:32 AM
Laugh out loud at the Kinect...

On a positive note the player models look less like 2K models which is a huge plus.

# 54 TwinCitiesJHawk @ 09/05/12 09:36 AM
Why cant it be Oct 2 already!!!

# 55 GSWarriors9 @ 09/05/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Cool feature.

But Warriors away colors still look way too light-- is it my imagination that it's worse than last year?-- and Andrew Bogut's hair is still the long version from 2k12. I know David Lee's face still looks nothing like him so it seems almost no work was done for the Warriors outside of the rooks.

There's also that weird animation pop/glitch when Bogut tries to box out and fight for the rebound.
Yea I dont understand why 2k can't get the Warriors colors right, especially seeing that they have the correct color in the game with the Warriors 90/91 Run TMC jerseys. Thats kind of lazy.

Klay Thompson looks the same too along with David Lee needed an update

# 56 LD2k @ 09/05/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I think I gotta get the Xbox some work -- seriously thinking about picking this up for the 360 because of the Kinect feature (and I wanna drag LD2k and his Lakers )

# 57 JwP23 @ 09/05/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

# 58 AirJordanFan93 @ 09/05/12 12:09 PM
I got a Xbox but dont got a kinnect. I have no intention to get one but this a cool feature they added.

# 59 Nomah5 @ 09/05/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Dang....I guess now i can wipe the dust off that Kinect and use it for sumthin now..... Thx 2k....
You and I both.. literally wipe the dust off it. hahaha

# 60 FLAWDAxBALLA954 @ 09/05/12 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I was waiting for someone to point this out. Hopefully this is an older build like Shumpert21 said.
Jesus it was only 3 seconds left

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.