Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/07/12 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
There was a move I saw LeBron do that was concerning, he had no collision detection, he just spun right into Nash and scored through him.

and then the first points of the game were from a Howard jumper near the rim, a little iffy. Other than that it looks amazing, i see similar style of gameplay to 2k11 which is good.
Howard was even surprised he made the shot. He ran towards the basket as soon as he took the shot lol

# 22 rspencer86 @ 09/07/12 09:05 AM
Anyone else LOVING all of the stat boxes that were popping up throughout the game? 2K has always done a good job with that but this is ramped up even more.

# 23 2_headedmonster @ 09/07/12 09:09 AM
plenty things to like here

-the rotation on the pick and roll
-the missed oops
-the on ball defense interaction
-the dbl team didnt freeze Lebron to wait for it
-the quick dbl on the lebron corner iso
-the contact on Wade's euro
- various speeds to bringing the ball up
-speed of the passes

what i didnt like is that inside shots are still unrealistic in general, and are performed as if they are the only ones in the gym. also the cpu still retreats to the 3pt line when the shot clock is about to expire.

# 24 Drewski @ 09/07/12 09:11 AM
Very fluent, the bounce pass from Nash to Kobe on the break was nice. You can really see speed differentials on the fast break, it was a welcome sight.

Lebron attacking the rim and such was also nice, the Wade hop step was mean. The passing animations themselves look realistic, not like the ball is floating away from the hand. Overall impressed with the gameplay, great gift to wake up to.

Would've done terrible things for a Nash Dwight PnR though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 25 strobox88 @ 09/07/12 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIFF202
AFTER SEEING THIS GAMEPLAY OF 2K, IM LOOKING FORWARD TO LIVE 13 NO DOUBT
I THINK LIVE HAS A CHANCE
lol Keep dreaming, buddy.

# 26 j3nkins29 @ 09/07/12 09:16 AM
That bounce pass from Nash to Kobe around the 5:50 mark was a thing of beauty.

# 27 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/07/12 09:16 AM
Quote:

# 28 Goffs @ 09/07/12 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
The crowd sounds seem to be the same. I was hoping for a better crowd atmosphere.
Sole reason why I wanted raw gameplay footage so I can hear the crowd noise....I'm disappointed in that area...

I'm guessing we won't have playoff atmosphere again this year? Live 10 HAS that option on what kind of crowd noise you wanted in an EXHIBITION game!

Spoiler

# 29 Caveman24 @ 09/07/12 09:18 AM
looks good but 2:15 shot clock cheese=(

# 30 sactown_13 @ 09/07/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
whats with the caps man? are you yelling at us

# 31 Mintsa @ 09/07/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
That bounce pass from Nash to Kobe around the 5:50 mark was a thing of beauty.
I was just going to post this. That pass was sweet ! I've waited forever to make a play like that in 2K....and in 2k13 I will.

# 32 SHAKYR @ 09/07/12 09:20 AM
I can't wait! This game is going to get a lot of play time. Darn you 2K because Black Ops 2 comes out the same month.

# 33 mymannemcee @ 09/07/12 09:21 AM
Very happy to see better animation of stopping an alley oop fast break at 5:40. Very happy.

Also happy to see Kobe missing a dunk off that outlet pass due to a little annoyance from Wade. Probably doesn't have Finisher in his repertoire!

# 34 jsg @ 09/07/12 09:23 AM
Quote:

# 35 vtcha @ 09/07/12 09:23 AM
Here are a few things I noticed:
  • 00:38, 03:50, 04:38- The hesitation moves look as if they are carrying/palming the ball?
  • 02:17, 03:55- Shot clock cheese? Although there was plenty of instances where the A.I had missed buzzer beaters, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.
  • 06:42- Invisible screen set on D-Wade? Doesn't really look too good regarding the bumping on defense...
  • 10:29- Flash?
  • Still only 7 players on the bench and 1 assistant coach. No additional assistant coaches, IR players nor training staff.
  • Crowd still overly excited (standing up and cheering) despite being a NON-playoff match and only the first quarter.

For Heat fans
  • In what world does Coach Spo and Bob McAdoo wear a brown and navy suit respectively.
  • LeBron's headband is way too low :P (reminds me of his rookie year)

# 36 Thunder Storm @ 09/07/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
TELL ME WHATS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS GAMEPLAY, GET OFF THE 2K HYPE TRAIN THE PLAYERS ARE CHUNKY, IT LOOKS CLUNKY, THE LIGHTING IS POOR THE COMMENTRY IS THE SAME
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME WHATS SO SPECIAL?
but then you endorse NBA Live 13 in your previous post .... lls.

Saying Live still has hope is like saying Sarah Pailin can still run for presidency.

# 37 sactown_13 @ 09/07/12 09:23 AM
looks good. im a little troubled with the CPU's offense. i wish they were a little more aggressive...they just look off. also as someone stated earlier, the crowd still needs work and alot of the commentary sounds like last year. gameplay look good as ever tho

# 38 greenegt @ 09/07/12 09:24 AM
Just lovely. So many under-the-hood improvements. Excellent commentary, as always. I'm glad I'm caught up in football season/Madden, so these last few weeks of waiting won't seem so terrible.

# 39 dangerzone1 @ 09/07/12 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Dwight can actually make a jumper every now and then....

Looking at this video, you can really tell that the character models are way too big in the 2k games. They look huge which makes the court look small

# 40 BRxSKINSx @ 09/07/12 09:24 AM
The game looks good... This was a preview of what you'll see online from a lot of players.... Heat vs. Lakers.... One question though.... Seeing as how this was a PC review of the game, was that video taken from the PC version....

And did y'all see Kobe brick that fast break dunk....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.