Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Today 2K Sports released “Blake’s Lil Buddy”, an all-new digital film starring Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers and cover athlete of NBA 2K13. In the latest episode of "Talkin' 2K" with the Lucas Brothers, Blake Griffin shares his NBA 2K13 MyPLAYER with the world. How will your MyPLAYER match up to “SlamDemon32”?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mreyes930 @ 09/12/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
That reverse windmill on the alley is too sick, wow! Hopefully it doesn't happen to frequently. I think rarity will make that play so much more exciting.

# 2 mymannemcee @ 09/12/12 11:16 AM
Yeah, best part was the windmill at 0:28.

# 3 xSavageAssassinx @ 09/12/12 11:20 AM
Wonder if this commercial means we have better tattoos.
o.o

# 4 Rondo To KG @ 09/12/12 11:24 AM
That wasn't really his My Player. His hair looked too realistic.

# 5 deetoman @ 09/12/12 11:27 AM
Those tattoos are just a symbol of the ugly small tattoos we already have..... Yall remember Lives tattoos and how small they were!

# 6 xSavageAssassinx @ 09/12/12 11:40 AM
I hope we do get new tattoos..

# 7 ForeverVersatile @ 09/12/12 11:45 AM
No best part was KD vs Tony Allen.

# 8 Muzyk23 @ 09/12/12 12:59 PM
Wow..that KD Tony Allen sequence ! too real

# 9 da ThRONe @ 09/12/12 01:06 PM
Blake is so creepy he's hilarious.

# 10 Norris_Cole @ 09/12/12 01:43 PM
Was this supposed to be funny ?

# 11 lv2bll @ 09/12/12 03:01 PM
Blake has never been funny to me, seems WAY too forced. This vid was pointless to make imo. I was looking at the tv in the back more than i was looking at them. smh

# 12 VDusen04 @ 09/12/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Blake has never been funny to me, seems WAY too forced. This vid was pointless to make imo. I was looking at the tv in the back more than i was looking at them. smh
I suppose everything's open to opinion, particularly on the matter of humor, but I actually haven't minded Blake Griffin's humor. Even if someone did not find him funny, I'm not sure he's trying to force things. I actually prefer it when someone underplays things a little, as Griffin often seems to do. An example of forced humor, to me, would be just about anything Dwight Howard has pulled off in the past. Wild obnoxiousness, snickering at one's own jokes, those are the forced things that get me.

All that said, I don't think I laughed at all while watching this commercial. I'm not really enjoying what the Lucas brothers are bringing to the table. But I'm not really a laugh out loud guy to begin with. I'll say I was gently amused by Blake and his MyPlayer. It's just 2K's way of getting their name and game back out there in the public eye. They know folks will be looking at the gameplay in the back; that's why they put it there.

# 13 Neoda2khead @ 09/12/12 03:57 PM
That winmill alley was scary around all that potential contact . That should only happen when wide open and the success rate should be low .

# 14 OGKing @ 09/12/12 04:15 PM
That first dunk was unrealistic.

# 15 RocketTMac1 @ 09/12/12 04:34 PM
I guess this is what you do when you get injured and can't play in the Olympics.

# 16 Sundown @ 09/12/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I suppose everything's open to opinion, particularly on the matter of humor, but I actually haven't minded Blake Griffin's humor. Even if someone did not find him funny, I'm not sure he's trying to force things. I actually prefer it when someone underplays things a little, as Griffin often seems to do. An example of forced humor, to me, would be just about anything Dwight Howard has pulled off in the past. Wild obnoxiousness, snickering at one's own jokes, those are the forced things that get me.

All that said, I don't think I laughed at all while watching this commercial. I'm not really enjoying what the Lucas brothers are bringing to the table. But I'm not really a laugh out loud guy to begin with. I'll say I was gently amused by Blake and his MyPlayer. It's just 2K's way of getting their name and game back out there in the public eye. They know folks will be looking at the gameplay in the back; that's why they put it there.
I dislike Griffin and his flopping on court, but I find his ads and off court antics somewhat amusing precisely because he's kind of quirky, forced and awkward. He's like a souless ginger parody of himself, and I think it's intentional but I can't quite be sure, which makes it all the more amusing.

Also, it's like 2K knows how bad their CAP system is and how much easier it is to make a ridiculous character than a believable one with realistic tattoos.

# 17 TUSS11 @ 09/12/12 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
That first dunk was unrealistic.
Yup. That dunk should be in the dunk contest exclusively.

# 18 TreyIM2 @ 09/12/12 05:09 PM
I actually laughed at some of this...

# 19 squeakybirnbaum @ 09/12/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Exactly. I think it's kind of like with the Office. Some people don't get it. I think some people need a laugh track to know when something is funny. Some don't get subtle or deadpan humor, it has to be in your face.

# 20 Gramps91 @ 09/12/12 07:52 PM
sweet victory dance

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.