Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During a recent interview with US Sports Down Under, NBA 2K13 Producer, Erick Boenisch let the cat out of the bag, as he confirmed no Crew Mode for NBA 2K13. This marks the second year in a row Crew Mode will not be featured in the game.

Quote:
We didn’t have time to add a crew mode this year, but its definitely something we will be looking at moving forward because the demand is certainly there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Optik @ 09/18/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Wow! why not just grab ur torches and pitch forks and storm the 2K offices. I never cared about it anyway. I rather have a new 24/7 mode anyway.
This.

BTW, to the crew fanatics:

1. No, Crew is not the most realistic mode in the game. I have never played on a court where I am facing 7 ft Martians who are rated 99 in everything and having time either stop or slow down. Maybe on the Moon somewhere, or another planet or the fictional land of Disney, but not in the actual Earth.

2. Just because it's a first person mode, doesn't mean it's realistic. Is it realistic basketball or NBA to run ZERO plays? Some of you celebrate your ignorance by claiming that it is unrealistic to do jedi mind tricks with five players and control them at the same time. We don't actually, the CPU does for the most part. So what if we are playing five vs five? It actually requires more intelligence and strategy. Heck, 'Pong' (that game from a game console released approximately in the stone age), requires more strategy than Crew in its current format.

3. Now that we have established that Crew isn't realistic AT ALL, why do you people play it? What does it say about you that you are willing to wait 1 hour at a time to play an awful game mode that will be one hundred times more glitchy, laggy and cheesy than your typical quick ranked game? You're like a woman who stays in an abusive relationship, no matter how many busted lips and bruises she gets.

------

Seeing as there's no Crew, is 2K going to make an effort and perhaps improve the TRUE realistic game mode, Team-Up? How about a league or further options? How about being able to run plays or run zone?

Has anyone actually read the article and read up about the "Road to the Playoffs" feature, and how it's like a mini OA? Or are we going to continue to clutter this thread by talking about a mode that won't be in 2K13?

# 142 Scoop 24 @ 09/18/12 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Wow really?

Its stupid to put basketball players in a basketball game, but they're killing you because of some fantasy mode?

I just dont even .......
So playing with players who been out the game 10+ years ain't fantasy ?

# 143 23 @ 09/18/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
So playing with players who been out the game 10+ years ain't fantasy ?

Im sorry... I thought 2k sold 5 million copies because of somebody who actually PLAYED in the NBA.

I think your priorities are backwards

# 144 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Resources wasted that what it has to do with it.
What resources?! You think every person on a dev team goes into 1 pool and every person working on one thing is able to work on anything? I'm 99% sure that the person adding the Dream Team is NOT the same person that would add in Crew mode. Not to mention that adding a team is just making them in roster. A MODE requires someone to code that in.

# 145 23 @ 09/18/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
should they take out the most popular game mode My Player because that's technically a fantasy mode as well.
Most popular says who?

Its more like it has the most complainers

# 146 redsrule @ 09/18/12 01:07 PM
Doesn't bother me whatsoever. I can't believe (actually I am not surprised) that people are overreacting this bad to it not being in.

# 147 Dannyld @ 09/18/12 01:08 PM
This thing that confuses me is this. And keep in mind, I don't really care if crew is included or not. The more modes the merrier, but I won't lose sleep over this. But the majority of complaints about Crew mode from 2k11 was hacked players. Well, Ronnie2k just tweeted that "there is almost 0% chance that there will be hacked players this year. It's all stored locally on our servers." So... if there is 0% chance of hacked players (which I agree with storing it all on 2k's servers), then what's the issue? Unless they plan on doing a total re-write of the mode, I'd think taking the crew from 2k11 and adapting any network code would've been fine. But of course that is probably a lot tougher than you'd think.

# 148 Pared @ 09/18/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Lmao 2k kills me no crew games.. But u got stupid **** like legends and the dream teams in the game.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion... but MAAAAAAAAN!

# 149 Scoop 24 @ 09/18/12 01:08 PM
If u don't play my player and crew games fine . But just like u don't care about it. A lot of us don't care about playing with dream teams..

# 150 23 @ 09/18/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndrgmaster
"My Player is the most-played and most-loved mode in all of 'NBA 2K,'" said Jones. "The 3-point contest and the dunk contest are only available to you in My Player if you get this pre-sell, and it's really great to see this integration. We strive to deliver experiences that really fit together, and when you get invited to participate in All-Star Weekend, it really just adds to the excitement of what you're doing in the game.

Jones of course its Rob Jones
I know who Rob Jones is

I see he said My Player which I dont care for, but nothing about a Crew Mode

Fail

# 151 23 @ 09/18/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
If u don't play my player and crew games fine . But just like u don't care about it. A lot of us don't care about playing with dream teams..
...but its obvious MANY more do

That's the problem with you trying to call something else crap because of some cheesy online mode you so called sim players are in here crying about.

# 152 Jrocc23 @ 09/18/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ndrgmaster
Hmm 23, he said if they take out the most popular mode My player ... and you responded with most popular says who?

i don't know what you are reading.

fail
Right lol.

# 153 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
...but its obvious MANY more do

That's the problem with you trying to call something else crap because of some cheesy online mode you so called sim players are in here crying about.
To make it simple for you - 23 is NOT comparing Dream Team to My Player (like someone tried to do). He's saying there are as many people that are happy to see the Dream Team than there are people crying about lack of Crews. Get it now? Bringing My Player into this was wrong in the first place.

# 154 Scoop 24 @ 09/18/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
To make it simple for you - 23 is NOT comparing Dream Team to My Player (like someone tried to do). He's saying there are as many people that are happy to see the Dream Team than there are people crying about lack of Crews. Get it now?
Unless u got official #s there no way of knowing that. But it's whatever I'll still pick up 2k13 cause there no other choice. Hopefully they at least fix the servers this year

# 155 jersez @ 09/18/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Horrible comparison. While Shaqs were cheap and somewhat unpopular they were highly reliable, comfortable and offered more functionality than Jordans did. Jordans were about status and style. No one ever took a pair of fresh Js to the court to play in because they were to afraid to get them stepped on, dirty, or creased much like AF 1s. Crew and pick up are two different but similar modes, kinda like ms translator and google translate.

And the quality of these new jordans are terrible, you can't even play in them if you wanted too.

Back on topic.
I feel for you crew guys, even though this news doesn't affect me, because I'm a quick game guy. In my opinion I think 2k should have told you crew guys sooner, but I understand why so late, and hell they could have been testing it to see if it can make it into 2k13. The reasons they've given us all seem understandable. It's not like last year when they took it out, and they didn't explain why. Hopefully the new code will make online as smooth as they say, and crew can return then.

# 156 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/18/12 01:19 PM
I never messed with Crew Mode so this isn't a big loss to me. I do enjoy Team Up though and I really hope the servers are improved this year. For the like the last three or four editions of NBA 2K it seems like they continue to go downhill. It's irritating to have a group of guys trying to get into a game only to have to battle server errors all night. I guess we shall see. I feel bad for the Crew guys though, maybe next year.

# 157 PrimoReemo @ 09/18/12 01:21 PM
No crew mode..oh well. I liked it but didn't like hacked 7 ft players hop stepping right under the hoop. I also didn't like having to change my console settings just to play a game.

I'll still be buying the game myself but if you don't like it then vote with your dollars and don't buy the game. Let 2k know your displeasure but whining about it here won't be of any help. People could always organize there own 3 vs 3 leagues. It wouldn't be as easy but it would be possible and I've seen it done with other games.

# 158 Rdub33 @ 09/18/12 01:21 PM
What is stopping crew lovers from gathering on one of several social media sites to create their own network of team up players. Does not sound too hard to pull off. If u have the gamer tags of all the crew people, u could just organize games via twitte, Facebook, google plus, Psn chat, etc.....

As for the rest of us who like controlling all 5 guys... Who is excited about my team?

# 159 pikten @ 09/18/12 01:22 PM
2k always had weak online crew expose their problems so without competition they simply cut it now they say they rebulding it lol i think they wanted to say no need to improve online until a serious competitor appears EA maby idk am sure it will take a long time 1vs1 modes are easier so only these modes 2k will allow to play online random team up online is bs anyway

# 160 Pared @ 09/18/12 01:24 PM
Damn.

I am still waiting for the obligatory, "If you like playing pick up games so much just go outside and play basketball" comment.

OS Forums - you're falling off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.