Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

While NBA 2K13 will not have Crew Mode, they will include 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, where you can use your MyPlayer and invite your friends to play.

Of course, there is also NBA 2K13 TeamUp, for those that enjoyed the mode last year.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 barimanlhs @ 09/19/12 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
No My Player.
So basically have 5 guys with 99 overall is better than having a properly balanced team.....I got it now.....

Crew is overrated

# 102 Jrocc23 @ 09/19/12 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
So basically have 5 guys with 99 overall is better than having a properly balanced team.....I got it now.....

Crew is overrated
Ummm, you could actually argue it is more balanced than Team-Up. Even though everyone isn't 99s like you think. When people are all the same overall/playing field, you wouldn't say that's more balanced? Instead of some people having LeBron and the other person having Ron Artest. I would give you Team-Up is more realistic, but a lot of people play this game for fun and Crew is A LOT more fun that Team-Up imo.

Being a 99 in Crew or Pick-Up actually took skills if you didn't know. You could easily expose the bums from the good players in 2K11. I also seen plenty of 70-80 ovr players exposing 99's because they created their player how they wanted and knew their strengths.

# 103 TUSS11 @ 09/19/12 04:37 AM
Quote:

Crew is overrated
If you've never played the mode, then your opinion is pure speculation. Another person trying to downplay other peoples' wants.

# 104 barimanlhs @ 09/19/12 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Ummm, you could actually argue it is more balanced than Team-Up. Even though everyone isn't 99s like you think. When people are all the same overall/playing field, you wouldn't say that's more balanced? Instead of some people having LeBron and the other person having Ron Artest. I would give you Team-Up is more realistic, but a lot of people play this game for fun and Crew is A LOT more fun that Team-Up imo.

Being a 99 in Crew or Pick-Up actually took skills if you didn't know. You could easily expose the bums from good players in 2K11. I also seen plenty of 70-80 ovr players exposing 99's because they created their player how they wanted and knew their strengths.
I know crew can be very fun IF you can find the right teammates (humans) and if you can find another crew that isnt about cheesing. But the issue is that maybe it is a couple hundred crews (if even that high) that play the game correctly while the other thousands play it to cheese and cheat for their own amusement.

And to the point about someone playing as LeBron vs another guy playing as Artest, well the person playing as LeBron doesnt need to abuse the fact that it is LeBron. In fact it would be smart to use LeBron as a decoy and hit all the open players since everyone's first instinct is to stop LeBron from scoring. And from what ive been reading on these boards, it sounds like most people that play team up and quick matches pick teams outside of the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, overrated Knicks, etc

# 105 barimanlhs @ 09/19/12 04:45 AM
Quote:
If you've never played the mode, then your opinion is pure speculation. Another person trying to downplay other peoples' wants.
Ive played the mode before, but wasnt blown away by it. Its fun but not the end all be all like some of you think/act. Add to the fact that it is absent so since they can implement it PROPERLY in the future should be better for Crew fans. Why play a mode when it doesnt function as intended when you could reintroduce it later as a fully functioning mode, free of cheaters/hackers (consoles...well PS3 at least).

# 106 Jrocc23 @ 09/19/12 04:47 AM
Quote:
I know crew can be very fun IF you can find the right teammates (humans) and if you can find another crew that isnt about cheesing. But the issue is that maybe it is a couple hundred crews (if even that high) that play the game correctly while the other thousands play it to cheese and cheat for their own amusement.

And to the point about someone playing as LeBron vs another guy playing as Artest, well the person playing as LeBron doesnt need to abuse the fact that it is LeBron. In fact it would be smart to use LeBron as a decoy and hit all the open players since everyone's first instinct is to stop LeBron from scoring. And from what ive been reading on these boards, it sounds like most people that play team up and quick matches pick teams outside of the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, overrated Knicks, etc
It depends if you are talking about Private Team-Up or Ranked Team-Up. Most people play Ranked because with Private you have to find a team and another team. Ranked Team-Up just randomly pick the teams and player you are assigned to. 9/10, when people get the player they don't like, they quit.

Just look at my YouTube link in my signature for what Crew is. Most people are ignorant to Crew and talk things they don't know. It was pretty easy avoiding big hacked players.

# 107 TUSS11 @ 09/19/12 04:57 AM
Quote:
Ive played the mode before, but wasnt blown away by it. Its fun but not the end all be all like some of you think/act. Add to the fact that it is absent so since they can implement it PROPERLY in the future should be better for Crew fans. Why play a mode when it doesnt function as intended when you could reintroduce it later as a fully functioning mode, free of cheaters/hackers (consoles...well PS3 at least).
I don't see why they couldn't add 2 CPU players to each team in this blacktop mode. It appears to me they're misinterpreting their consumers' wants.

# 108 barimanlhs @ 09/19/12 05:17 AM
Quote:
I don't see why they couldn't add 2 CPU players to each team in this blacktop mode. It appears to me they're misinterpreting their consumers' wants.
And that is a fair statement, but it must be server issues that they want to get sorted out first and then bring it back with 5v5 crews

# 109 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Ummm, yes, it does. 5v5 will improve the defense and offense and 3v3 will make it very arcadey where it will be mostly iso's all day because of the overly spaced court. Which is my main point. If you don't understand it's nothing really to talk about. 3 human players vs 3 other human players is nowhere near the same as 3 human players and 2 cpus vs 3 other human players and 2 cpus.
You have no clue how much I understand, and now you're skirting the question. Are the games different? Yes. Does the problem affect the game of 3 on 3 versus 5 on 5 differently? Yes. Is it still an issue for either? YES! Just because you prefer how it affects one game over another, doesn't mean it's not an issue and doesn't mean it's not basketball. You're not saying anything different. You said 3 on 3 doesn't work because of it. Well if me and two of my boys got to an open gym, we have no idea who we have to play. We just have to deal with it. That's as real if it were 5 on 5. Get it now? You are confused at what I disagreed with. Yes the games are different, but you said you are not playing "real defense" in 3 on 3. And I say not true at all. It's real, just a different brand. I didn't disagree they were different.

# 110 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 09:23 AM
Quote:
And that is a fair statement, but it must be server issues that they want to get sorted out first and then bring it back with 5v5 crews
Or maybe it means that along with the team management aspect of the mode, it may come back with even more features that require more time to put in. Clearly when a colicky baby cries, a pacifier isn't enough for them. You just got to accept the crying and wait it out.

# 111 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/19/12 09:35 AM
Glad many of you are fine with this, but it just does not do it for me.

What keeps me playing My-Player, is the ability to constantly get my player better and take him online against other my players in a real game setting where you use strategy similar to a real NBA game. In 2K12, MP was better than it was in 2k10/11, but I actually played it the least because it felt like their just was no point.

I love to create a dominant true center and matchup against other bigs, human or cpu, and do the dirty work that people don't care to do. My favorite things to do actually is to pass out of the post. Nothing better when I get a game online and someone I play with "gets it", actually feeds me the ball in the post and makes a perfect cut for me to dish it to them in stride for a lay-in or dunk.

Getting away from the point, but it seems clear to me that someone from corporate saw how much money Ultimate Team makes and 2K was told they had to create a similar mode which left no time to find a better way to bring our my players online.

Disappointing to say the least, but I will still be picking this game up ASAP, as it is my favorite series in sports gaming.

# 112 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/19/12 09:46 AM
Accidentally deleted a paragraph in my last post before posting:

I wasn't expecting crew in it's previous form, but I was expecting a huge upgrade in how they incorporate bringing our my players online. We are in the FOURTH year of MyPlayer. We should be beyond just having a 3v3 mini-game that does not simulate real professional basketball. 3v3 would be great if it was in there along with 21 and a slew other mini-games in addition to 5v5. By itself, it is a huge letdown.

# 113 Kprodigy1 @ 09/19/12 10:21 AM
I wouldve like to have crew but i could settle for this, atleast Myplayer as some type of purpose now, unlike last year when you had none at all. One of the main reasons why Myplayer why so popular when it 1st came out was, so you can build him up and than show him off to your friends.

# 114 Pared @ 09/19/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iH uS K 3 R z
Yea since people who play association or ranked matches never complain. Give me a break. The people who hate crew are the ones that sucked at it.
Your logic is sound! People who suck at something must hate it... BRILLIANT!

# 115 Boilerbuzz @ 09/19/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Your logic is sound! People who suck at something must hate it... BRILLIANT!
No man. You're mind can't wrap around the genius that was that statement. It's much deeper. Not only do people that suck at something hate it, but people that hate something, suck at it. Can you wrap your feeble mind around THAT one? It took me a while, but I'm starting to get it. But my head hurts now. Too much thinking...

:

# 116 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 09/19/12 12:02 PM
I would have rather had 2k use the time spent on this half court3v3 shi & put that time into maling CREW. 2k claimed they fidnt have enough time. I honestly think they didnt even try. Added new modes like My Team for $. I brt 2k makes VC purchasable online so players cam get all the good cards/players without actually earning them.

# 117 Pared @ 09/19/12 12:20 PM
It's crazy that some of you don't even think that MAYBE, just MAYBE they tried to do it 5 on 5, then found they could only make 3 vs. 3 stable. Remember the DLC offering?

Maybe they just couldn't get a solid 5 on 5 connection to work?

Don't you guys remember - 2k online sucks, yadda yadda yadda.... and now they decide to possibly DO SOMETHING about it... and tehy are still teh suck?

You guys are funny.

# 118 NYdreams @ 09/19/12 12:38 PM
i cant tell what type of players my friends to make... but my team is pg,sf,sf how exactly will that matchup to another teams sf,c,c not every team is going to have a legit pg and neither will every team have a center... so how is 2k going to match these scenarios

# 119 green225 @ 09/19/12 12:42 PM
3 on 3 halfcourt. sounds good, prettay prettay prettay prettay pretty good. i'm rollin with live.

# 120 Flash D3 @ 09/19/12 01:55 PM
It wudda been much better if it was 5on5 instead of just 3on3 half court. I guess this will do tho

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.