Home
FIFA 13 News Post

FIFA 13 is in stores today. While we did have plenty of feedback in the FIFA 13 Season Ticket impressions, we have created a new topic for those of you grabbing the full retail version today.

Please post your impressions here. If you have any FIFA 13 questions, please post them in this thread. The community will do their best to answer them for you.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bellsprout @ 09/26/12 04:34 AM
Is anybody else noticing a lot of PK's being given?

Not for, like, obvious stuff either. Just routine contact in the box that would never get called in real life.

I say this partly because I find it weird, and mostly because I just had a 1-0 win AT OLD TRAFFORD WITH FULHAM taken from me because of some phantom call on Rooney.

That wasn't the first one either, and they've gone both against me and for me, I'm just finding it weird.

# 42 EWRMETS @ 09/26/12 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman

Not for, like, obvious stuff either. Just routine contact in the box that would never get called in real life.

I say this partly because I find it weird, and mostly because I just had a 1-0 win AT OLD TRAFFORD WITH FULHAM taken from me because of some phantom call on Rooney.

That wasn't the first one either, and they've gone both against me and for me, I'm just finding it weird.
United getting a phantom penalty? Seems realistic to me.

# 43 UK0wnag3 @ 09/26/12 07:58 AM
Quote:

Gee, Man Utd "winning" a penalty, at Old Trafford, against a smaller team.

Sounds pretty realistic to me

EDIT: Damn, not quick enough. Fair play EWRMETS, you got there first.

# 44 chelios7 @ 09/26/12 08:29 AM
Quote:

Yeah, Liverpool thinks this is BS too.

# 45 chelios7 @ 09/26/12 08:33 AM
Really enjoying this game now that I have adjusted the sliders (using Orion's set). I think the presentation is better and I really like the ESPN intros. For the most part, I also like the new menus.

I did have to do a few roster moves. Lass Diarra was still on Real Madrid, Meireles on Chelsea, and a few Championship moves.

I like the Match Day stuff, but as far as I can tell, I cant play a "Play Now" game without using the Match Day rosters. I could have just missed where this is, but it seems like the only option is to use this feature without being able to use your edited rosters.

# 46 rckabillyRaider @ 09/26/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelios7
Really enjoying this game now that I have adjusted the sliders (using Orion's set). I think the presentation is better and I really like the ESPN intros. For the most part, I also like the new menus.

I did have to do a few roster moves. Lass Diarra was still on Real Madrid, Meireles on Chelsea, and a few Championship moves.

I like the Match Day stuff, but as far as I can tell, I cant play a "Play Now" game without using the Match Day rosters. I could have just missed where this is, but it seems like the only option is to use this feature without being able to use your edited rosters.
in the match day team selection screen, you can choose to turn off that feature and the rosters go to default.

# 47 mrcultureshock @ 09/26/12 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Love the game! Played 2 games online and already saw more goal variety than all the games I played in 12.

The whole gameplay seems more organic and natural. Seems like there is more emphasis on up tempo (faster paced), attacking this year. Reminds me a little of the WC2010 game which is probably my favorite FIFA game to date.

Overall, fantastic and something that should keep us all busy till next year.
I completely agree with you. WC2010 is also my favorite game because it's so unpredictable and it has a very even pacing. FIFA 13 is similar, but faster. I would prefer something a bit mellower but at least it's not as fast as FIFA 11.

There's one thing that's bugging about 13: the running animation looks weird sometimes, sort of like the Madden running animations. It doesn't affect gameplay at all but it's a bit distracting.

# 48 DBMcGee3 @ 09/26/12 09:36 AM
Fantastic game. Yes, the CPU presses a bit too much on offense, but while this may be less realistic, it's also really intense and fun. If the guys got as tired in the game as they do in real life, slowing the pace of the match obviously, you'd probably have to play actual 90 minute matches to get realistic scores. I'm fine with 30 minutes of action any day, and the online play is great from what I've seen as well. Still got PES coming in the mail via Redbox, but I think I'm happy with my FIFA choice. It just suits me better. The skill games are super fun by themselves.

# 49 orion523 @ 09/26/12 10:09 AM
Quote:

Seems about right actually.
EDIT: Seems I'm a little late to the party with this one LOL

# 50 kerosene31 @ 09/26/12 10:23 AM
So glad to have more fouls this year. I just wish we could have the speed from Fifa 12. The game speed even on slow is just a little too fast.

# 51 ezio @ 09/26/12 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwkings
I mainly play head to head seasons, after about 7 matches its obvious the speed of the game is ridiculous. I've always been a possesion player but this year it is almost impossible to play that way. Everything is just happening so fast you hardly have time to think and every game ends up being a back and forth counter mess. Every goal i have given up was built up with 3 or so passes. The first touch thing they added this year is in theory very good and adds to the realism, but because of that you hardly have any time before someone is rocketing at you. It feels like they took Fifa 12 and put it in the Fifa 11 game. Fifa 11 was absurdly fast as well.
Thank you I thought it was just me. I enjoyed H2H in Fifa 12 but the speed of the games in Fifa 13 is ridiculous. I had the early release and noticed it right away.

# 52 shootah66 @ 09/26/12 12:08 PM
how do u slow down the game in fifa 13????

# 53 StickSkillz @ 09/26/12 12:16 PM
Anybody can help me with the passing?? I have it on default and the passes aren't going to the person I want too much for me..

So if anybody has any tips for me on how to better my passing I would appreciate it

# 54 ezio @ 09/26/12 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
how do u slow down the game in fifa 13????
Turn the game speed to slow and adjust the speed and acceleration sliders.

# 55 Gnemi @ 09/26/12 01:18 PM
I really really wish I could turn off the dude who announces scores after each game. That adds almost nothing to the game and he sounds like a freakin' robot!

# 56 Qb @ 09/26/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
Anybody can help me with the passing?? I have it on default and the passes aren't going to the person I want too much for me..

So if anybody has any tips for me on how to better my passing I would appreciate it
Play on all manual controller settings. I suggest playing one difficulty level below what you usually play on when you first try manual. Once you get the hang of it, it's like a different game. You'll never go back to assisted.

# 57 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 09/26/12 01:25 PM
Fifa 13's ball trajectory is just way too "wonky". They put so much variables into the movement of the ball that it's a pain to do simple through-balls now.

The "technical" player is now forced to adjust while the "guy who just presses R1" is having a field day.

I'm sure I'll adjust, but so far, it's an annoyance. I thought Fifa 12 had a great compromise with reality and gameplay.

# 58 Gnemi @ 09/26/12 01:29 PM
I'll admit that I played this game online head to head and I honestly don't see how people play human vs. human.

It was like watching rats chase bits of cheese. Running around in full sprint mode and tackling anything that moves is still far too often rewarded with results.

Also, the counterattacking lobbed through ball is insanely easy to score from against human opponents.

So, for me, the offline / Career Mode / CPU experience is pretty excellent this year, far better than FIFA 12. Human vs. Human? No thanks.

# 59 keator @ 09/26/12 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'll admit that I played this game online head to head and I honestly don't see how people play human vs. human.

It was like watching rats chase bits of cheese. Running around in full sprint mode and tackling anything that moves is still far too often rewarded with results.

Also, the counterattacking lobbed through ball is insanely easy to score from against human opponents.

So, for me, the offline / Career Mode / CPU experience is pretty excellent this year, far better than FIFA 12. Human vs. Human? No thanks.

I quoted this post bc you are the exact opposite of me. I have never played a season mode in fifa or even a be a pro. Its cool to see how other people enjoy video games. Last year a played over 300 matches online and had a blast. A ton of cheesers in the early divisons but if you can power through. Divisions 3-1 are some amazing human on human football, completely changed how i viewed online games.

Not bashing or hating, just sharing a different view point. If only EA put as much work into Madden, NBA or NCAA football. FIFA again is the sports video game of the year

# 60 OSUFan_88 @ 09/26/12 01:55 PM
I am an offline player.

This game is everything FIFA 12 was and some. No longer is it just a "run down the flanks, chain moves, cross, goal" formula. You have to do quite a bit of work to earn your goal this year, at least for me.

The off ball movement is significantly better than it was. An early cross may actually lead to goals this year.

The ball in the air stuff is great. Unpredictable and isn't all based on height.

I feel like you don't have to do just skill moves with the right stick to find some space this year. Also, since I finally learned how to do the dummy shot last year, where it was significantly over powered, I feel like it's been tuned nicely.

Off ball movement in the box is wonderful.

FATIGUE IS IN THE GAME!

Now for some of the negatives.

Defending is...damn hard. Even when I'm Madrid vs random MLS team, I still have frustrating moments. While that means you always have to be on your game and it certainly makes it feel more unpredictable, it also is frustrating. I think sometimes the game is a little too open. But that could be coaching mistakes, not game mistakes.

While unpredictability in the air is nice, it's incredibly frustrating that it seems like the offensive player always is getting the ball in the box. But, I'm used to 12 where you just repeatedly tapped the clear button and it would seem like you'd never lose.

While most play style is good, it's still not perfect. It's most obvious when playing against a team like Barca.

Overall, massive improvements and I feel like all the problems can be fixed with more time and some hard work with the formations. No glaring issues, all of which can be fixed by the user. One of the few times this generation where I can say that a sports game is near perfect for the offline user.

If you are a offline player and are interested in soccer in any fashion, this game is a must buy, IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.