Home
FIFA 13 News Post

FIFA 13 is in stores today. While we did have plenty of feedback in the FIFA 13 Season Ticket impressions, we have created a new topic for those of you grabbing the full retail version today.

Please post your impressions here. If you have any FIFA 13 questions, please post them in this thread. The community will do their best to answer them for you.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gnemi @ 09/27/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I finished my first season, and I was impressed with player progress. Very dynamic in general. Keeping players rotated is key.
Are you sure? I'm in the January transfer window of my first season and some of the guys on my team who've gotten very little playing time are still progressing quite well.

I don't think it's realistic that the squad get playing time to progress. That's what friendlies, training, and reserves / academy squads are for...

# 82 chelios7 @ 09/27/12 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I downloaded a roster update last night. Michael Owen appeared on Stoke. Not sure what else was altered.
I wonder if they finally did the Russian League Transfers (Hulk/Witsel to Zenit, L. Diarra to Anzi) and any of the other smaller moves in Italy.

Guess I will find out tonight.

# 83 Juice Malone @ 09/27/12 01:26 PM
I haven't played FIFA in forever last game i played was FIFA 09 which was awesome. I'm gonna pick this up today. If people that liked the game last year are enjoying 13 I should be amazed.

I see that the turkish league isnt in the game anymore . Was nice to play as a team with a non euro feel and still be able to play in the champions league.

Hopefully in the future we will get the Japanese and Iranian leagues, so they can put together an Asian Champions League in manager mode. That is really all that is missing for a decent Asian champions league now that Saudi Arabia joins South Korea in the game.

Does EA add teams and leagues with DLC ever? I saw they did Euro 12 as a DLC add on for FIFA 12 last year. Maybe we will get something nice this year?

# 84 Broncos86 @ 09/27/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Are you sure? I'm in the January transfer window of my first season and some of the guys on my team who've gotten very little playing time are still progressing quite well.

I don't think it's realistic that the squad get playing time to progress. That's what friendlies, training, and reserves / academy squads are for...
If a player can get hurt during "training," then he can/should progress/regress during training. So I agree with you on that. Some of the 28 - 30 year old players I had who saw little playing time regressed big time. One guy dropped 6 OVR points.

That being said, if I have a player who I want developing, I'm either playing him or loaning him out. The only players I have who sat all year were older players, and they regressed.

I do wish they had more emphasis on training and practices. It'd be nice to adjust that and ask players to focus on specific drills.

# 85 Azamien @ 09/27/12 03:31 PM
In my last game a CPU player got a yellow card for trying to cheat up on a free kick. Nice touch.

# 86 Gnemi @ 09/27/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I do wish they had more emphasis on training and practices. It'd be nice to adjust that and ask players to focus on specific drills.
This.

I want it so bad. Didn't they used to have that in a previous version of FIFA?

It makes much more sense than the non-existent hidden logic they use now to determine progression.

In other words, the transparent ability to manipulate, to some degree at least, the progression of your squad, would be a very very nice addition.

# 87 razorkaos @ 09/27/12 03:45 PM
there's anyone from outside the north america here? i wanna know if the EPSN presentation is in the game, not only in the NA and UK versions of the game. thanks.

# 88 Qb @ 09/27/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
This.

I want it so bad. Didn't they used to have that in a previous version of FIFA?

It makes much more sense than the non-existent hidden logic they use now to determine progression.

In other words, the transparent ability to manipulate, to some degree at least, the progression of your squad, would be a very very nice addition.
At the risk of taking us into 'wishlist' territory... It'd be wonderful to have some reserves matches sprinkled onto the calendar. Make all youth academy players eligible; giving us the chance to not only play the seldom-used squad members, but test-drive our youngsters as well. Make presentation like the current practice mode... no commentary or cutscenes, generic training ground, little to no crowd.

# 89 razorkaos @ 09/27/12 03:56 PM
Qb, i think they could add an option to coach the young team/U-21 as well, as in Football Manager. It would add great depth to the CM.

# 90 slthree @ 09/27/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I must admit this game plays really well with a few slider tweaks. I bumped up the pass error for both human and cpu and the man marking for both and had a great game. Lots of back and forth at midfield and very few scoring chances
What sliders and tweaks did u adjust exactly? I played the daylights out of this game (season ticket) and never saw anything resembling what you describe.

During my time with the game, The cpu barreled forward, and only forward, at all costs and with high urgency.

Please post how you accomplished getting your gaming experience because it may make me re-think getting the game.

# 91 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/27/12 05:20 PM
Woah, Pepe Reina just got a yellow card for time wasting.

# 92 EWRMETS @ 09/27/12 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
What sliders and tweaks did u adjust exactly? I played the daylights out of this game (season ticket) and never saw anything resembling what you describe.

During my time with the game, The cpu barreled forward, and only forward, at all costs and with high urgency.

Please post how you accomplished getting your gaming experience because it may make me re-think getting the game.
10 Minutes, Slow, World Class Default the CPU dose not barrel forward and very often back passes but you may have a different definition of barrel forward.

# 93 Cpre5 @ 09/27/12 06:26 PM
Two things that are starting to bug me more and more.

1st: getting checked like the AI is playing hockey with no fouls, yet they get plenty of free kicks all game

2nd: the AI chop move with the ball, just going in circles around my players. I remember this being bad in 11, not so in 12, but back in 13.

# 94 Broncos86 @ 09/27/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
10 Minutes, Slow, World Class Default the CPU dose not barrel forward and very often back passes but you may have a different definition of barrel forward.
Similar, except I turned up pass errors. Good battles midfield.

# 95 slthree @ 09/27/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Well, I think barrel forward is pretty standard for "every pass being a manic, direct forward pass without the finese of passing sideways, taking shape at midfield and moving the ball around in an arc or in a slow probing fashion, to include passes that go backwards to reset the cycle"

You mention you play on World Class and that opens me up to re think the game. Youre likely better than me if you play on that level. I only played on the middle level.

So, is it possible that on the middle level the teams all play the same, with no finesse? Do others, like you, find that only the higher levels are where the cpu teams play more realistic soccer?

And, would that also mean that on higher levels the cpu would sub more appropriately and change its formation to suit the game circumstance?

If on the higher levels the cpu plays less straightforward and passes sideways and backwards I will want to buy this game.

# 96 EWRMETS @ 09/27/12 11:27 PM
Maybe the solution is playing Ligue 1. I just played World Class, default, 10 minutes on slow, Marseille (me) vs. Lyon and I saw nearly everything that people complain about. I had 3 free kicks in scoring range which I have almost never seen in FIFA. The pass accuracy was 84% me vs. 82% Lyon. I fouled the CPU once, 6 fouls for the Lyon and 2 yellow cards. 54% possession for Marseille. Shots were 11 to 11. I had 4 minutes extra time in the second half, and won pretty much at the whistle with Raspentino. Incredible game.

# 97 Broncos86 @ 09/27/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Well, I think barrel forward is pretty standard for "every pass being a manic, direct forward pass without the finese of passing sideways, taking shape at midfield and moving the ball around in an arc or in a slow probing fashion, to include passes that go backwards to reset the cycle"

You mention you play on World Class and that opens me up to re think the game. Youre likely better than me if you play on that level. I only played on the middle level.
Turn up passing errors. You'll notice that the CPU has to work to control their passes, and that will translate into them back-passing and using other passing methods due to the pressing defense. When the CPU can just handle passes, they can easily transfer on to the next pass.

I was playing pro, but I started to notice that once I got into a groove the CPU was struggling to even get one shot against me consistently. So now I'm playing world class, and I'm having to adjust a bit. My major issue was my team's tactics. I didn't really look at them, and I realized my team was geared towards the cross when I don't really like to cross it very much. So against pro, no big deal, I could overcome that. Against world class, I can't do that so I've had to change my team tactics.

# 98 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/28/12 02:14 AM
1. Crossing is my favorite thing to do. Pretty good at it which shocked me.

2. Having a player with good dribbling skills and very good balance is just awesome. Quite rewarding seeing your player still hold on to the ball when there is 2 defenders trying to steal the ball from you at the same time.

3. Getting that goal saving clearance is an awesome feeling.

# 99 kerosene31 @ 09/28/12 08:43 AM
Quote:

All I did (needs a lot more testing) is bump passing error (for both human and cpu) up from 50 to 60 (I actually lowered this back down to 55 as on the lower leagues it is actually too sloppy). I bumped up man marking (both again) from 50 to 70 (makes the defensive AI a little better).

With pass error on 60, I was seeing Arsenal miss passes. Pass accuracy for both teams was in the 80% range if I remember correctly which felt pretty good. My player got loaned out to League 2 and I had to turn down pass error to 55 and the game was very sloppy. Lots and lots of midfield play and very few scoring chances.

I need more testing but I think you have to set the number based on what league you are in. The top teams in top leagues are going to move the ball flawlessly unless you crank up the pass error.

# 100 striker3771 @ 09/28/12 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Play on all manual controller settings. I suggest playing one difficulty level below what you usually play on when you first try manual. Once you get the hang of it, it's like a different game. You'll never go back to assisted.
Is it possible to compete online going all manual vs someone who uses default? Any suggestions on camera? I'm having a tough time usuing manual for everything and playing on Tele Broadcast.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.