Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

It was announced Tuesday, that the NBA 2K13 roster update would arrive sometime this weekend.

Unfortunately, that date has changed. NBA2KInsider just announced the NBA 2K13 rosters won't be available until sometime next week.

Quote:
The 1st roster update has been pushed back until next week due to the team focusing on optimizing your online experience.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Phreezy P @ 10/04/12 05:59 PM
They better do a good job, include everyone, and fix team colours.

# 22 DirtyNeedles @ 10/04/12 06:05 PM
they need time to find rasheed wallace and chris douglas roberts faces

# 23 scottyp180 @ 10/04/12 06:07 PM
Im hoping 2k surprises us and adds missing legends to the roster, although I know this is extremely unlikely. Waiting a couple extra days for the roster is no problem as long as they are accurate plus the season doesn't start for a few weeks so no real urgency for it.

It is funny seeing how upset people get over things and how they always want more. After E3 people were saying "that's all 2k showed? It looks like the same game!" then 2k starts talking about the game and releasing videos and people say "well what about online? What about accessories? Why can't they show longer gameplay videos? Why is the demo coming out one week before release instead of two?" This is all on top of the "I can wait for this game" anticipation. Then the game is finally release and people are still upset about things and wanting more. It's an endless cycle. I'm wondering how some of you kids would survive in the days when there were no patches or roster updates and you had to make the most out of the disc that was sold.

# 24 Rasco11 @ 10/04/12 06:20 PM
You're right! People get all up in arms over LeBrons headband, but actual players like Marquis Teague (a 1st round pick) aren't even in the game!!! I'm not even mad at that...the game just came out and training camps are barely underway! It helps having some perspective of when basketball games weren't even released before the season started. The beauty is they can adjust things that aren't out of the box! I'm all about patience, the roster fixes will come...2K released a helluva game IMO. I can wait a week for their roster update.

# 25 morningstar777 @ 10/04/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm wondering how some of you kids would survive in the days when there were no patches or roster updates and you had to make the most out of the disc that was sold.
I wonder how some of the game companies would get away with making a game full of bugs and glitches in the days when there were no patches.........

# 26 ProfessaPackMan @ 10/04/12 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
People wanted more communication from 2k - there it is!
Complains 2K doesn't listen.

Complains when 2K does talk.

/meme

Only on OS, I tell ya LOL.

# 27 oGFeRNie @ 10/04/12 06:40 PM
More time to get these controls right.

# 28 KyotoCarl @ 10/04/12 06:54 PM
Good thing about this is that they will probably add some missing rookies and include a patch with it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 29 lon515 @ 10/04/12 06:56 PM
is the online good this year. is what yall wanted

# 30 Thelorn @ 10/04/12 07:05 PM
I have no problem with them delaying a roster. However, i would like to know what is the team that works on online mechanics doing working on the rosters? Shouldn't they have a different team to do the roster that KNOWS ratings. There's a reason people release rosters with different ratings/tendencies and it isn't because they find it fun. /shrug

# 31 Frizzz24 @ 10/04/12 07:22 PM
The main issue is that 2k has spoiled us silly. We expect waaaaaaay too much bang sometimes for $60.00. I was around during the days of Atari 2600...yes I'm old. IMO 2K did a bang up job this year on the game, so I'm happy about that. All this other stuff is just icing on an already delicious cake.

# 32 Frizzz24 @ 10/04/12 07:24 PM
@Thelorn. Are you going to be working your magic this year with 2k13? Hex edits, cyberfaces, Suns team, etc?

# 33 almostbobsaget @ 10/04/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
You're right! People get all up in arms over LeBrons headband, but actual players like Marquis Teague (a 1st round pick) aren't even in the game!!! I'm not even mad at that...the game just came out and training camps are barely underway! It helps having some perspective of when basketball games weren't even released before the season started. The beauty is they can adjust things that aren't out of the box! I'm all about patience, the roster fixes will come...2K released a helluva game IMO. I can wait a week for their roster update.
The thing about that is, he's actually in MyCareer in the showcase game. It baffles me that he is there but not on the Bulls team.

# 34 domidomdomz @ 10/04/12 07:52 PM
A bit off-topic but this one's funny..Gotta love the manimal

https://twitter.com/KennethFaried35/...80424169205761
Quote:
I love the new #2k13 but only problem is my man on the game hair not in a ponytail @Ronnie2k we need to fix this ASAP please & thanks ��

# 35 almostbobsaget @ 10/04/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
A bit off-topic but this one's funny..Gotta love the manimal

https://twitter.com/KennethFaried35/...80424169205761
Haha. Maybe we've been going about these art updates the wrong way. Would it be more productive to Twitter bomb the players so they tweet to Ronnie and the rest of the team? I'm curious if they address this one because it came from a player.

# 36 zach6007 @ 10/04/12 08:04 PM
This should give guys time to get a really solid '13 draft class for us who want to start an association once the new updates come out

# 37 BRxSKINSx @ 10/04/12 08:10 PM
Guess I'll get a lil more time to play Blacktop Mode until it's time to start an OA....

# 38 J_Posse @ 10/04/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
The thing about that is, he's actually in MyCareer in the showcase game. It baffles me that he is there but not on the Bulls team.
Probably has to do with the fact that Teague didn't sign a contract until August (I believe). Now, the foreign players that signed and players that played last year (i.e. Alan Anderson & Andre Emmett) that are missing is another problem. Hoping 2K adds those missing players too even though they aren't all high priority.

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 39 Thelorn @ 10/04/12 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzz24
@Thelorn. Are you going to be working your magic this year with 2k13? Hex edits, cyberfaces, Suns team, etc?
That's the plan.

# 40 scottyp180 @ 10/04/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
I wonder how some of the game companies would get away with making a game full of bugs and glitches in the days when there were no patches.........
Are you insinuating that this game is full of glitches and bugs? Because this game, out of box, is still the best basketball game made and reviews for the game will back that. It's far from a bug and glitch fest. Now 2k10 out of box was nearly unplayable and had an unexplainable lag/slowdown during offline gameplay. Had that game been released in the days of no patches then 2k would have been in trouble. I can't imagine what the backlash for that would have been.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.