Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

While you can still purchase a physical retail copy of NBA 2K13, according to Amazon, the PC digital download has been pushed to October 30th.

The previous release date was October 16th.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Leftos @ 10/13/12 03:31 PM
lawl.

This is absolutely, utterly ridiculous.

# 2 glover20064 @ 10/13/12 05:43 PM
That menas they have totally killed the pc version, pirating Will skyrocket the more they wait

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

# 3 Guffers @ 10/13/12 08:21 PM
Try www.ultimatumgamekeys.com

They appear to have it available.

# 4 Leftos @ 10/13/12 08:29 PM
There is no DD release yet, so beware of scams. OnlineKeyStore supposedly has it available, and they give you a photographed retail CD key and the game with the pirated exe, which means you can't activate your key with 2K's servers.

# 5 Nza @ 10/13/12 10:36 PM
2K are doing pretty much what EA did with PC towards the end of Madden, NBA, NHL etc - make it extremely easy for people to justify pirating it. Then in a year or two they'll claim piracy killed the PC version.

# 6 Prometheus1138 @ 10/15/12 11:51 PM
You know, I may not be so ticked off over this if 2K would simply step up and communicate what they are doing and why. Both times they never announced it was being delayed. We had to find out ourselves. That's just plain ridiculous IMO.

I do have to agree with others that they are doing it to intentionally try and kill the PC version. I'll be surprised if they make it again next year for PC.

In the meantime, I still haven't got to play since I'd rather have it through steam than physical disk. Now starting to consider not getting it, since obviously 2K has a problem taking $ from PC users.

# 7 Giammajo @ 10/16/12 11:13 AM
This is laughable. I agree with Prometheus, if 2K were to be up front about the delays and the reasons behind them I wouldn't be so ticked off.

What I don't understand is WHY they would be trying to kill the PC version? With Steam and DD sales, they have no product to package, no shipping costs, no breakage or returns... it's basically free money for 2k sports. I can only hope that the DD version is delayed because they are still working on refining it. Maybe they are putting in a more robust online system to encourage DD releases of future titles? Maybe they are working to add back some of the features they left out in the physical PC version? Otherwise, I cannot fathom why they would be turning away free money.

If anyone from 2k sports reads these forums, please enlighten us PC users why it has been delayed twice. I've bought the last few nba 2k titles on the 360, and feel I deserve at least an explanation why my new platform of choice is being neglected.

# 8 Pared @ 10/16/12 11:43 AM
If anyone continues to discuss pirating games they will be banned without question.

That does not fly here.

# 9 glover20064 @ 10/16/12 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If anyone continues to discuss pirating games they will be banned without question.

That does not fly here.
We havn't discussed pirating or saying that anybody should do it, we have just stated that it will happen when they delay the dd version and that makens us sad.
We want the pc version to be a sucess.
We are asking them to take our money.
I have i disc version but i will buy a dd version as soon as it comes out.
I just buy all my games on dd.

It's just a stupid business decision.
Normal games on disc have a sale cycle for about 3-4 weeks after that they don't se much business, dd version have several sale cycles as they can make several drives 20% off, 50% off etc, almost all steam users see those adds, and a lot of people that hasn't bought the game or knows about it jump on those sales," only 15$ sure I try it."
There are games that creates revenue a lot of years after they have been realesed because of this.

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

# 10 MachoMyers @ 10/16/12 12:58 PM
Digital download or nothing for me. This PC release has been shocking.

# 11 lockjaw333 @ 10/16/12 01:12 PM
Pretty clear they are done with PC after this year. I don't think they really care that much about it. They didn't even care enough to fulfill all of the PC disc version preorders...many people waited or are still waiting for their disc copy.

The only reason the digital download version would be delayed is that they don't really care about it. No one cares enough to take the 10 minutes to upload the game to a distribution server.

Add to that the fact that they didn't even feel the need to include all of the game modes and features. PC may still be the best version with mods, but its clear that 2K doesn't really see it as a priority. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a PC version next year.

# 12 Pared @ 10/16/12 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glover20064
We havn't discussed pirating or saying that anybody should do it
If you haven't done it, then you don't need to worry about my warning. For your sake I would avoid it altogether.

But don't tell me no one has discussed it. There's a banned user in this thread alone that proves otherwise.

# 13 utahtio @ 10/16/12 03:42 PM
Has anyone heard anything from from 2k sports about this?

I am unbelievably frustrated with this company right now and as much as I love basketball and the NBA I am honestly contemplating not buying anything from them ever again (even though they dont care about me, Im a PC gamer).

I have bought every NBA 2K game since NBA 2k itself, never have I had as difficult a time as this in just locating a physical copy of the game.

# 14 EMan77 @ 10/16/12 04:53 PM
2K hasn't said a word about the delays. All questions about it on their forums, or more directly on twitter, are ignored outright. 2K has turned into EA. Won't be any decent sports games on PC after this year (except for Football Manager and maybe one or two others) and they'll blame PC users (calling us criminals) like EA did when it was because they themselves refused to put much effort at all into their PC versions just like EA did towards the end.

# 15 kaydigi @ 10/16/12 08:02 PM
Truly disappointed in this.

# 16 MachoMyers @ 10/17/12 03:09 AM
Dear 2k,

You win. I sucked it up and bought the digital copy off of Amazon. Awaiting shipping and blah blah blah. Sort it out 2k. Steam misses my copy of 2k.

# 17 ramjet @ 10/19/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If you haven't done it, then you don't need to worry about my warning. For your sake I would avoid it altogether.

But don't tell me no one has discussed it. There's a banned user in this thread alone that proves otherwise.
How would you expect people to see what you've deleted? LOL

# 18 Pared @ 10/19/12 05:54 PM
I would expect people to heed my warning and use common sense.

But when I have to explain that to you, the LOL's are understandable.

# 19 Nza @ 10/20/12 02:08 AM
I'm assuming the deleted post was a download link or something - obviously a bad idea. But I'm also assuming discussing how this neglect only stands to increase piracy is within the rules - any PC game these days which doesn't have a copy you can buy and download is destined for failure.

# 20 Barncore @ 10/20/12 06:35 AM
Tsk.
Typical.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.