Home
News Post

The Heat won it all last season and as we enter the new year, they are once again among the short list of contenders for the crown. The Thunder and new look Lakers look to be among the top teams in the West. San Antonio figures to be good as well. In the east, the Celtics and Pacers are factors but the real wild card is the Chicago Bulls. Is Derrick Rose healthy? If so the Bulls figure to challenge the Heat, if not then the Bulls chances obviously take a huge hit.

So what do you think? Who is in your projected 2012-13 NBA Finals? Who do you have winning?

Sound off!

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 daveberg @ 10/17/12 04:21 AM
I'll be too busy watching retro NBA games to care.

But, if I had to hazzard a guess, either the Lakers or Heat.

# 42 Peninc @ 10/17/12 05:30 AM
I think this season it might be OKC. I've never seen a team improve so steadily year after year with all the right pieces and not make a serious challenge for the championship. As a Laker fan I'd love for the Lakers to capture another title but they have the same weaknesses they have had now for years. Vulnerability to quick Point Guards, with poor perimeter defense and a defensively weak bench. The Lakers have no speed and will be once again bottom of the league in creating turnovers. Metta is on his last bit of legs now so Kobe is the best perimeter defender we have. We literally have no one who can provide any obstruction to Durant or Lebron. Hope I end up eating my words though.

# 43 JODYE @ 10/17/12 12:27 PM
Something is telling me, one last hoorah for the boys in Boston.

Celtics, Lakers Finals in another 7 game series.

# 44 biggiejerseys @ 10/18/12 01:33 AM
The Charlotte Bobcats ( I gotta be somewhat optimistic lol). I don't want to see Miami or OKC win it so I'll eliminate those 2 teams. I'll say the Dallas Mavericks, but Chris Kaman & Elton gotta stay healthy since Dallas doesn't have depth at the 4 or the 5.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

# 45 Rob19ny @ 10/18/12 02:04 AM
Boston Celtics

# 46 slowdifference @ 10/19/12 07:59 AM
Miami Heat, the only other team that stands a chance are the Lakers

# 47 JerzeyReign @ 10/19/12 03:28 PM
your Philadelphia 76ers! #ShowYaLuv

# 48 Caveman24 @ 10/20/12 06:18 PM
My Lakers the next 2 years.

Kobe retires we get this.

We win some more championships world hunger is cured *drops mic,logs off before I get bashed lol*

# 49 phenom1990 @ 10/20/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Def the Heat. LeBron with the monkey off his back and playing free and loose all post season.
Don't agree with one championship gets the monkey off of someone's back because if Lebron doesn't win multiple titles, people will think the Heat never reached their "dynasty" potential.

# 50 DieHardYankee26 @ 10/21/12 01:40 PM
New York Knicks. That is all.

# 51 The 24th Letter @ 10/21/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Don't agree with one championship gets the monkey off of someone's back because if Lebron doesn't win multiple titles, people will think the Heat never reached their "dynasty" potential.
Even if he is feeling the pressure of winning multiple titles (which I highly doubt) it's no where even close to what he felt last year....I think he'll be in a better spot mentally next year than in his whole career..

# 52 NYJets @ 10/21/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990

The monkey is off his back for this year at least. If the Heat don't win the next couple of seasons, then you may start to see Lebron feel some pressure to win another one.

# 53 phenom1990 @ 10/21/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Even if he is feeling the pressure of winning multiple titles (which I highly doubt) it's no where even close to what he felt last year....I think he'll be in a better spot mentally next year than in his whole career..
I agree with what your saying. But seeing people's reaction to the Phillies in the last couple years and A-Rod in New York, just makes me think that you have to win multiple titles to keep people happy.

# 54 ewingandoakley @ 10/27/12 05:33 PM
And introducing your 2012-13 World Champions, the New York Knicks!

# 55 DutchMastah7 @ 10/27/12 09:01 PM
When's the last time the same two teams made it to the Finals two years in a row? Bulls/Jazz in '97 and '98? I don't see OKC getting through this year. They can definitely get to the WCF but either the Lakers/Spurs/Clippers make a Finals appearance this season. I'll take the Lakers.

As for the East... hah. Good luck to everyone trying to stop Miami. Boston could surprise them. I'm not optimistic though.

# 56 plumplylumpkin @ 10/27/12 10:19 PM
Denver Nuggets.

# 57 MarvinOida @ 10/28/12 01:37 AM
Off course it will be certainly without a doubt:

-Not the Lakers
-or the Heat
-or the Thunder
-not even the Spurs
-maybe Boston if they get lucky but IDK so
-but this team:

THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS!! (sorry, I had too.... Real life: anyone not with a name that rhymes with Fakers or Meat)

# 58 plumplylumpkin @ 11/02/12 01:56 PM
I know they will not get too far maybe 2nd round exit for them but give me my team since the beginning DENVER NUGGETS.

# 59 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 11/02/12 02:14 PM
Milwaukee $Bucks$

# 60 ojandpizza @ 11/02/12 04:31 PM
The Heat looked awfully good in their opener.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.