Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K, the NBA 2K13 patch has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and we should expect it to arrive in about 2 weeks.

The NBA 2K13 patch details will not be revealed until an official date of release has been announced.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 panthersfanstev @ 11/21/12 10:55 PM
Game definitely needs some patches. Centers are way underpowered, even the biggest and best are no real threat in the paint. 3 point shooting is just too easy and powerful in this game. AI makes ridiculous shots and steals frequently. I also experience games in all modes where players are sluggish and slow to play tight defense, then the next game they respond far better. On All Star difficulty, I experience the same fast start by the AI and typically win with 4th Quarter comebacks most games. Centers and PF's also fatigue far too quickly, Tim Duncan can barely make 20 minutes per game. My Team Road to the Playoffs games are always unbalanced for one team or the other hitting shots at a ridiculous %. So, I hope the folks at 2K have been busy, would love to see this great game perform the way that it should. Here is a big one - Let us change Coach Profiles and Save them, I am changing these every single game in every single mode and it is really getting old.

# 42 2_headedmonster @ 11/21/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaws1234
Sorry but all these bugs & glitches are here to stay. you all need to understand that these things are not able to be "fixed" they can only be tweaked for now, so you will not be seeing absolute fixes in "next years game" or the one after that.

The reason being is these bugs/issues are a result of the various engines they're using that literally make the game what it is, the Artificial Intelligence, (bad floor spacing, stupid teammates, physics (bad animations, and unrealistic player movement, and impossible things happening on the court) engines, all these things are ALL STAYING UNTIL THE NEXT GEN OF CONSOLES.

So the best they could do for now is tweak things here and there, but no major changes can be made because that would require a whole new engine to be built from the ground up, and that's something they will not do and frankly don't have to do until the next generation of consoles come out.
so confident in so many incorrect statements.

# 43 MVP9072 @ 11/22/12 12:04 AM
I just want more contact fouls in MyCareer

# 44 pikten @ 11/22/12 01:16 AM
idk if this game can be saved with a patch the game engine 2k use has serious problems they need to rebuld it based on 2k11

# 45 Blessin @ 11/22/12 02:08 AM
At least it's coming. I didn't expect it to take this long but that means they must have put extra work in. Been waiting on it so i can start MyCareer without the bugs and glitches.

# 46 achieveduser @ 11/22/12 02:34 AM
Ever since switching to PC, this is the only time I wish I had the xbox version... Thank God there are some good slider sets in here that help me fix certain immediate things.

# 47 2_headedmonster @ 11/22/12 07:03 AM
im hoping its more like 2k11's big patch than 2k12s...which actually wasnt big at all

# 48 LLKoolAid @ 11/22/12 07:55 AM
I seriously hope they fix the overweight body after 2 quarters glitch

# 49 Painkiller1974 @ 11/22/12 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLKoolAid
I seriously hope they fix the overweight body after 2 quarters glitch
could you explain me this glitch ?
thanks

# 50 Vni @ 11/22/12 08:48 AM
Patch hasn't been released yet.

# 51 Vni @ 11/22/12 09:33 AM
Hoping they added contact under the rim and with the ball (like ball that goes through a clean block, or through another body for a pass etc). That's my main issues with the game.

# 52 dal_hawk @ 11/22/12 10:21 AM
I'm thinking work to polish up the WiiU NBA game before release probably had something to do with delaying the time for the first patch.

# 53 JasonWilliams55 @ 11/22/12 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikten
idk if this game can be saved with a patch the game engine 2k use has serious problems they need to rebuld it based on 2k11
2k13 is built upon 2k12 just as it was built upon 2k11. So it really is built upon the "2k11 engine".

# 54 coolcras7 @ 11/22/12 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkinskevinj
2k developers ain't ****.They are a bunch of liars and crooks!!
Quote:
2k Ronnie is a ****ing liar as always,2k ain't fixed ****!!!!
Quote:
They ain't fixed ****!!
Hope you get banned

# 55 LD2k @ 11/22/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
I'm thinking work to polish up the WiiU NBA game before release probably had something to do with delaying the time for the first patch.
It doesn't - separate teams.

# 56 JasonMartin @ 11/22/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
2k13 is built upon 2k12 just as it was built upon 2k11. So it really is built upon the "2k11 engine".
lol

no

think

again

# 57 stoncold32 @ 11/22/12 02:54 PM
So is this game any good guys?

I dont wanna blow $25 bucks....it's only 25 bucks, but i'd rather keep it than throw it away on a frustrating game

I cant say I lovd 2K12 with all of it's issues, so is this game, gameplay wise, any better?

Thanks

# 58 kamackeris76 @ 11/22/12 04:11 PM
right....i'm not winding you up but my nba2k13 has just updated...2mb it was...i'm really confused with this as i know that there has NOT been an update as be all over the forums...really really confused guys !!!

# 59 Joobieo @ 11/22/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Yes! We need blocked dunks. I hate seeing someone online just turbo into the paint with someone like Jarryd Bayless and launch up to posterize me LOL
Turbo
+
Dunk
+
Dunk animation
=
Gg

# 60 EasyOnTheIcePlease @ 11/22/12 05:11 PM
Skimmed through some of these posts, and I have yet to see someone mention the egregious problem with ill advised passes being successful.

We need to be able to properly contest dunks, and defensive rotations needs addressing, but please, PLEASE bring back punishment for poor passes.

It's impossible to defend passes to players underneath the basket, and too many full court heaves are being completed with regularity. You watch real life NBA, and when a pass gets thrown from a distance, it either gets picked off, or it bounces in front of the player it was intended for, before the player scoops it up. There's a slight delay. In this game however, it's as though the longer the pass, the more separation is caused between recipient, and defender. Each person catches the ball in stride, no bobble, on the way to the hoop. The ball morphs sometimes too, through players' bodies, to assist these wacky passes.

This issue has made it cherrypicking heaven for the fast break lovers. I'll be sorely disappointed if this hasn't been looked at in the upcoming patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.