Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show screenshots. Looks like Nike is in, good eye bp4baseball and baseballin23!

Click here to see a higher resolution screenshot.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Knight165 @ 11/27/12 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Considering they have said they have to rebuild the stadium to get the closed roof, you will not see it until the PS4. That would be my take on the situation.
I concur on both your statements.

M.K.
Knight165

# 62 ckarlic @ 11/27/12 10:27 AM
Quote:
With the PS4 coming sooner then later I would not expect to see anything really different graphics wise with the game.
I agree with you. Not to get sidetracked, I hope the PS4 does come out sooner rather than later as im holding out on getting the Wii U to save me pennies for the next playstation to drop

I am really looking forward to hear and see more details about MLB 13 coming out in the next couple of weeks/months

# 63 Richie12 @ 11/27/12 11:04 AM
Quote:
Considering they have said they have to rebuild the stadium to get the closed roof, you will not see it until the PS4. That would be my take on the situation.
Thx nemesis but I feel comfortable to talk about it being a 3D designer myself. The rebuild statement is bit too strong here, but still agree there's tons of work to be achieve, mostly on textures colors that may need tweaks. Even then it depends on what lighting engine they're using and how they did it before.

Each gaming studio have their own set of tools and rendering engine. I didn't work on stadiums for sure but worked on rendering old city of Boston (clue here ;-) what is tough is to get the scaling perfect and creating the textures. So creating another a closed roof version at least doesn't require too much mod to what I call stadium basement. Scaling and positioning still the same. Creating the 3D art is not the end of the world, most of the work have to do with light and their rendering engine in the game.

I don't see why a PS4 would be required here unless you want to animate the transition between an opened and closed roof. The problem with the PS3 is RAM usage with textures and we need to be creative on reusing same or mix of existing textures loaded in memory.

As long as you have enough space on disk to store 6 more stadiums, loading one or the other version of a stadium don't require more console power.

# 64 MLB Bob @ 11/27/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Thx nemesis but I feel comfortable to talk about it being a 3D designer myself. The rebuild statement is bit too strong here, but still agree there's tons of work to be achieve, mostly on textures colors that may need tweaks. Even then it depends on what lighting engine they're using and how they did it before.

Each gaming studio have their own set of tools and rendering engine. I didn't work on stadiums for sure but worked on rendering old city of Boston (clue here ;-) what is tough is to get the scaling perfect and creating the textures. So creating another a closed roof version at least doesn't require too much mod to what I call stadium basement. Scaling and positioning still the same. Creating the 3D art is not the end of the world, most of the work have to do with light and their rendering engine in the game.

I don't see why a PS4 would be required here unless you want to animate the transition between an opened and closed roof. The problem with the PS3 is RAM usage with textures and we need to be creative on reusing same or mix of existing textures loaded in memory.

As long as you have enough space on disk to store 6 more stadiums, loading one or the other version of a stadium don't require more console power.
They said they're not putting the time into that for a small gain, at this time. They were pretty clear about their limitations and work load

# 65 Richie12 @ 11/27/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
They said they're not putting the time into that for a small gain, at this time. They were pretty clear about their limitations and work load
I'm not arguing that nor I'm saying they have the cycles to do it. Just few comments based on my passed projects.

# 66 Ben9753 @ 11/27/12 01:56 PM
Anyone know if there will be replay with the Vita version this year?

# 67 LastActionHero @ 11/27/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I certainly hope there are improvements being made to lighting and turf and grass colors or I don't really have an excuse to drop 60 for this. It will be another wait and get at 20 year for me. I still remain excited though as always.
Same here! I mean we all know this game already looks great and is pushing the limits of the ps3 but I really hoped for new grass and turf textures. Unfortunately these screens tell me they haven't changed... These screens (to me at least) could have been from last year just as well. But I must say screens don't do this game justice so I'll hold my judgement untill I see this baby in motion! And the feature list ofcourse

# 68 Lovesports @ 11/27/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Lol you make it sound like the Show has terrible graphics. Its not like we're stuck with MLB 2K graphics so honestly what were you expecting visually? If the only thing you can nitpick about is sleeve length then I'd say SCEA is doing a pretty good job. As for your identical games comment, never mind the fact that the single greatest addition last year was the new ball physics, and anyone who actually played the game will tell you that it put '12 heads and shoulders above previous versions.
I never said the graphics were bad...quite the opposite. The graphics are great, I was pointing out that they're the same as last year and that I'm hoping for more franchise changes.

# 69 Knight165 @ 11/27/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
I'm not arguing that nor I'm saying they have the cycles to do it. Just few comments based on my passed projects.
But you did.

You stated..."I don't see why a PS4 would be required here unless you want to animate the transition between an opened and closed roof. The problem with the PS3 is RAM usage with textures and we need to be creative on reusing same or mix of existing textures loaded in memory.

As long as you have enough space on disk to store 6 more stadiums, loading one or the other version of a stadium don't require more console power."

But what Nem meant was....they won't be using the graphic art from the PS3 for the PS4....so they are not giving the PS3 the larger amount of dev time because they are working on the PS4 graphics more right now.
Nem is not saying the PS3 can't handle it at all, so I think we're not sure(I'm not) why you are bringing that up.

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 Bluejaysfan65 @ 11/27/12 08:50 PM
I'm pretty excited since it seems that we have real Nike equipment this year...

# 71 CabreraMVP @ 11/27/12 08:56 PM
In the Cabrera screenshot it looks like a more fluid follow through, by looking at his forearms and wrists.

But maybe it looked like that last year.

# 72 DickDalewood @ 11/27/12 09:23 PM
Love when The Show info starts rolling in

# 73 wrigleyville33 @ 11/27/12 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Ok heres something many may not know unless you have been too comerica park, that lighting shot seems way off, a daytime game the sun would start at above center field and it sets behind first base. so how in the world is the sun north west like it is in that pic on the helmet??

Other than that looks the same but with PS4 like mentioned It would be foolish to expect anything mind blowingly different. Thank god for the Nike Logo though!
Hopefully we get nike gloves, batting gloves, and cleats also.

# 74 SDwinder @ 11/27/12 11:51 PM
What about the new lighting engine promised in 13 on PS3, that was delayed in 12 due to work on VITA version?

# 75 bp4baseball @ 11/27/12 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
What about the new lighting engine promised in 13 on PS3, that was delayed in 12 due to work on VITA version?
I don't recall this. I know they tweak the lighting every year to get the most out of the visuals, but a whole new engine? Do you think you could find where they said that (not doubting you...just asking).

# 76 Blzer @ 11/28/12 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I don't recall this. I know they tweak the lighting every year to get the most out of the visuals, but a whole new engine? Do you think you could find where they said that (not doubting you...just asking).
Don't think this is admission, or even an implication... more of an inference, if you will:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043277875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The PS3 version of the game has more features this year than last year. Vita development only stopped us from doing another major lighting update, a major franchise overhaul, and new grass patterns for the most part.
There may have been another post which said more about this, but this was a quick one I ran into.

# 77 bp4baseball @ 11/28/12 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Don't think this is admission, or even an implication... more of an inference, if you will:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043277875

There may have been another post which said more about this, but this was a quick one I ran into.

Oh yeah...thanks for finding that. I guess we will see.

# 78 csura999 @ 11/28/12 12:42 AM
I'm digging the new batting helmets they added in. Can't wait for more info to roll in on MLB 13!

# 79 Feldman011teen @ 11/28/12 12:14 PM
If the franchise, and more-so the presentation is untouched, i won't be able to recommend this game. If they have to come down to including Nike as being the only change, we have an issue. All the other games are including "moments" feature, there definitely needs to be a moments feature in this game.

# 80 tnixen @ 11/28/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
If the franchise, and more-so the presentation is untouched, i won't be able to recommend this game. If they have to come down to including Nike as being the only change, we have an issue. All the other games are including "moments" feature, there definitely needs to be a moments feature in this game.

If the tv style presentation did not get another big upgrade I will be very sad!

While I will admit the presentation did improve some in MLB 12 The Show I still think Sony can do way better! Lets hope MLB 13 The Show will not disappoint Also when I first saw these new MLB 13 screenshots I could have sworn they were just MLB 12 screenshots with a fake MLB 13 Logo on it. But I guess that is not the case.

I am looking forward to seeing the first screenshots like last year perhaps showing another new updated "Scorebar" at the top of the screen and maybe some other new cool looking Stat Overlays

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.