Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

For those of you that didn't pre-order NBA 2K13, you missed out on the All-Star Weekend DLC. But have no fear, tomorrow is the day you've been waiting for (unless you are a PC user).

PS3 and 360 users can purchase the NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content for $4.99 tomorrow.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Playboy™ @ 01/09/13 05:42 PM
i think people complain because 2k lied and said it was only for people who preorder false advertisement.

# 42 Vni @ 01/09/13 05:59 PM
That doesn't make any difference though.

# 43 beast10 @ 01/09/13 06:07 PM
NBA Live 09 Dunk Contest was 100% better than 13.
You guys should have just kept the blacktop dunk contest and put it on a NBA hardwood floor instead putting in that crap.

# 44 cambury @ 01/10/13 04:49 AM
worth the money

# 45 VDusen04 @ 01/10/13 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWilson2099
Dont be an idiot. EVERY game company does this. They'll offer up something as an incentive for you to preorder, then 30-60 days later they'll offer that item up as paid DLC. Those people who preordered the game, got this DLC for free, those who waited have to pay 5 bux. Theres no false advertisement in it.
I have to be real, I can acknowledge what 2K was very likely going for (a maximization of pre-orders) but I can't help but feel it was at least a little disingenuous, even if that type of action has somehow become the corporate norm. It would have been nice to know there would have been an option to begin with, as opposed to having a picture painted suggesting the only way to acquire the DLC would have been through pre-order. A line from 2K before release:

Quote:
The All-Star add-on content is ONLY available if you pre-order the game (which you can do here: http://2kgam.es/NBA2KStore)
http://osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555134

Again, it's not a life or death situation and I know that quote left itself open to a little interpretation (i.e. "We only said that it IS only available via pre-order, not that it will ALWAYS only be available via pre-order") but it's still deceptive at best, manipulative at worst. And speaking only on my own regard, little things like that can add up sometimes.

That said, I'm glad 2K has provided access to the ASW for all those who desire it, but why wouldn't they have not just gone with the "pre-order and get it free or else pay for it later" angle instead of attempting to convince folks they only had one chance to acquire said mode? 2K's done a lot over the years to show they actually care about their consumers and what they think. This particular situation just happens to be one of the few that's ended up on the wrong side for me.

# 46 Altimus @ 01/10/13 05:09 PM
In the gaming industry only never means only... I just look at it this way, we that pre-ordered got it for free.

# 47 mrclutch @ 01/10/13 05:23 PM
At least it's only $5. I would have guessed they would have charged $10.

# 48 KyotoCarl @ 01/11/13 02:26 AM
Stop complaining, seriously. If you pre ordered you got it for free. If you didn't then you can get it for $5. What's the problem? Why even discuss it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 49 daveberg @ 01/11/13 05:27 AM
Weakest DLC ever. Allstar weekend should have been part of the game from the off. Played the dunk contest and shootout once, don't feel the need to revisit either.

# 50 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 01/11/13 08:30 AM
With all the money 2k has made this yr, it will be a slap n the face if CREW isnt back for 2k14, probably the best online mode ever, make time this yr 2k! & do it right

# 51 rtharrs2 @ 01/15/13 08:16 PM
If I'm already in an online association, can I play against other players in my association?

# 52 KyotoCarl @ 01/16/13 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Weakest DLC ever. Allstar weekend should have been part of the game from the off. Played the dunk contest and shootout once, don't feel the need to revisit either.
... but it wasn't so what's the big deal? Either you got it when you pre ordered, for free, or you pay $5, which is dirt cheap for a DLC.

Seriously, what is the problem?

# 53 SPRINGS03 @ 01/16/13 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambury
worth the money
. . .said no one ever.

I honestly just don't get how modes that were in previous games for free are DLC? Like seriously, that's laughable. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's still the principle of the matter. It's kinda lazy on 2k's part.

# 54 KyotoCarl @ 01/16/13 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY
lol your clearly dillusional.. im starting to think youve never even played the all-star DLC the way you defend it. People have a right to complain, this is a public forum isnt it? Whats your problem?

I got it for free and i still feel ripped off!!

Its 2 broken games for $5 thats the problem dude
And it's a discussion forum so I'm entitled to start a discussion and share my opinion on peoples views, right?

I've played the DLC, both as standalone and in my assoc/career. It's not the greatest mode in the world but I enjoy and i got it for free so no biggy.

The word broken gets thrown around a lot and that's what I'm mostly against. What's broken with it? Works perfectly for me.

My point is that it's available to everyone now, if you want it. It's dirt-cheap and you still have a choice to get it or not so I don't understand why people are whining about it.

# 55 SPRINGS03 @ 01/16/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
And it's a discussion forum so I'm entitled to start a discussion and share my opinion on peoples views, right?

I've played the DLC, both as standalone and in my assoc/career. It's not the greatest mode in the world but I enjoy and i got it for free so no biggy.

The word broken gets thrown around a lot and that's what I'm mostly against. What's broken with it? Works perfectly for me.

My point is that it's available to everyone now, if you want it. It's dirt-cheap and you still have a choice to get it or not so I don't understand why people are whining about it.

Mostly out of principle. Why is a mode that has always been free suddenly DLC? That makes no sense and shows laziness.

# 56 thomguy123 @ 02/10/13 01:51 PM
how do you buy this and where is it?

# 57 Ward13 @ 02/10/13 03:48 PM
...With all this extra money 2k managed to manipulate us out of hopefully we'll see another College Hoops game pretty soon (Wishful Thinking)

# 58 metovics8 @ 02/10/13 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl

i dont like the broken terminology either i think it works like its intended to work and that doesnt make it broken just bcuz people dont like the mode... i agree that compared to other DLCs its cheap but this should have always been included bcuz theyve had modes like this before i dont like games taking stuff out and then charging you for it a couple years later

# 59 gutsdabeast @ 02/10/13 08:59 PM
My only gripe with the dunk contest is the rating system. I don't mind the button presses. But if I succeed in pulling off a hard dunk I should be rewarded accordingly. If you pull off the Dr. J free throw dunk flawlessly 50 points shouldn't be your reward. Third place is the best I've gotten. When the cpu pulls nothing but easy to medium dunks. I stopped playing because of the scoring.

# 60 BluFu @ 02/10/13 09:11 PM
dunks get repetitive in the contest and the 3 point contest is horrible... takes a year and a half to shoot sometimes, very unresponsive. there's too much emphasis on 'rhythm'.

for the quality of the ASW it should have been free post launch but whatever, they have my money, what can i do? LOL

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.